News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,675 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on April 18, 2011, 09:54:13 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 18, 2011, 09:37:23 AM
Quote from: Bort on April 18, 2011, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2011, 11:39:47 PM
Quote from: thehawk on April 17, 2011, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 17, 2011, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: thehawk on April 17, 2011, 04:28:01 PM
Is Starlin Rookie of the Year eligible.  If he is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow6lg2tAqsY#t=0m54s

Nope. He would have had to have 130 or fewer ABs before this season. He had 333 too many. Doesn't change the fact that he's probably the greatest thing since the discovery of sideboob.

I did lose interest in the Cubs early last year.

And in sideboob.

When you're tired of sideboob, you're tired of life.

Steve Stone was on The Score this morning talking about Castro and the improvements he's made with his pitch recognition. He then said that he's "not completely sold" on his play at short and that he would eventually move. I think he's improved in the field as well and that as hard as he seems to work at all facets of his game, he will one day become a very good or great shortstop. And when that happens, I'm going to find some way to rub Stone's schnauz in it. Whether it's a call to The Score or whatever. I will make the man pay.

*continues bitter asshurt existence*

I haven't seen him do anything at short that makes me think he can't play the position very well. He's PANKed some things mentally but his range and his arm are phenomenal and he makes about 4-5 plays per game that give me an erection because they're plays that Ryan Theriot couldn't make in a dream where he was Starlin Castro.

He got hit in the face with a throw from catcher and I think he ends up in some awkward positions (||) both receiving and making throws. And he tossed one into the dugout Friday night to complete the little league slam by the Rockie catcher. None of those things make me think he can't play a great SS. It's just a lot to iron out. He's 21 though. We've already realized that these are mistakes that AA shortstops are bound to make. And he just happens to be one of the best pure hitters in professional baseball so he has the mixed fortune of needing to get better at the Major League level. I don't know what the fuck Stone is looking at. Besides Hawk's pantsless lower body, that is.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 18, 2011, 09:59:13 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 18, 2011, 09:54:13 AM
Is Starlin Rookie of the Year eligible.  If he is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow6lg2tAqsY#t=0m54s

Nope. He would have had to have 130 or fewer ABs before this season. He had 333 too many. Doesn't change the fact that he's probably the greatest thing since the discovery of sideboob.

And in sideboob.

Steve Stone was on The Score this morning talking about Castro and the improvements he's made with his pitch recognition. He then said that he's "not completely sold" on his play at short and that he would eventually move. I think he's improved in the field as well and that as hard as he seems to work at all facets of his game, he will one day become a very good or great shortstop. And when that happens, I'm going to find some way to rub Stone's schnauz in it. Whether it's a call to The Score or whatever. I will make the man pay.

I haven't seen him do anything at short that makes me think he can't play the position very well. He's PANKed some things mentally but his range and his arm are phenomenal and he makes about 4-5 plays per game that give me an erection because they're plays that Ryan Theriot couldn't make in a dream where he was Starlin Castro.

He got hit in the face with a throw from catcher and I think he ends up in some awkward positions (||) both receiving and making throws. And he tossed one into the dugout Friday night to complete the little league slam by the Rockie catcher. None of those things make me think he can't play a great SS. It's just a lot to iron out. He's 21 though. We've already realized that these are mistakes that AA shortstops are bound to make. And he just happens to be one of the best pure hitters in professional baseball so he has the mixed fortune of needing to get better at the Major League level. I don't know what the fuck Stone is looking at. Besides Hawk's pantsless lower body, that is.

Anyone who spends more than 1 second listening to and caring about what Steve Stone has to say deserves whatever asshurt results from it.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I admit it. I haven't been this tumescent for a Cub since Prior in 2003.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club

And in sideboob.

I wonder if Steve Stone thinks the cubs could trade Castro for Cesar Izturis

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Rawdog at 4 letter site isn't buying into Starlin.

"I can't believe it but people are actually buying into starlin castro already. This guy has one good week and people are already buying into the castro stock, REALLY???? One idiot writes an article about this guy and then more idiots start jumping on the castro bandwagon. Then the bigger idiots already are talking about how Theriot needs to move to 2nd base to make room for castro. I mean castro has talent but I think it's a little too soon to start hyping this guy up, especially since he still needs to develop in the Cubs minor leagues. How many of our "untouchable" prospects have panned out, did we already forget about Rich Hill, Felix Pie, Ronnie Cedeno, Matt Murton, Corey Patterson, and Eric Patterson. All these guys showed potential and were considered untradeable at certain points of their careers, and then they became disappoints which in turn disappointed us. I am tired of buying into this hype the Cubs create, I wish they would spend as much time developing up the farm system as they do hyping them up. I'm not going to buy into this crap until I actually see this guy perform well in the MLB, whenever that happens. I give the Cubs credit though, they know how to get people to buy into stock, unfortunately they have a knack for not actually developing it. And for all the Theriot haters, leave the guy alone, he didn't have a great year but at the same time he wasn't horrible either. At least he hustles on every play and can actually stay healthy throughout the year, which is more than you can say about his teammates. If anybody should lose his job right now it should be Hendry, for depleting our farm system and for signing clowns like milton bradley who destroyed every last bit of team chemistry on this team. I believe he meant well but that doesn't take away the fact that he has done a terrible job lately. If you actually think castro should be starting on the Cubs on opening day then you don't know baseball and should stick to watching curling, IDIOT!

Yours truely,
$$$$$RAWDOG 4 EVA$$$$$"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on August 08, 2011, 11:18:15 AM

"I can't believe it but people are actually buying into starlin castro already. This guy has one good week and people are already buying into the castro stock, REALLY???? One idiot writes an article about this guy and then more idiots start jumping on the castro bandwagon. Then the bigger idiots already are talking about how Theriot needs to move to 2nd base to make room for castro. I mean castro has talent but I think it's a little too soon to start hyping this guy up, especially since he still needs to develop in the Cubs minor leagues. How many of our "untouchable" prospects have panned out, did we already forget about Rich Hill, Felix Pie, Ronnie Cedeno, Matt Murton, Corey Patterson, and Eric Patterson. All these guys showed potential and were considered untradeable at certain points of their careers, and then they became disappoints which in turn disappointed us. I am tired of buying into this hype the Cubs create, I wish they would spend as much time developing up the farm system as they do hyping them up. I'm not going to buy into this crap until I actually see this guy perform well in the MLB, whenever that happens. I give the Cubs credit though, they know how to get people to buy into stock, unfortunately they have a knack for not actually developing it. And for all the Theriot haters, leave the guy alone, he didn't have a great year but at the same time he wasn't horrible either. At least he hustles on every play and can actually stay healthy throughout the year, which is more than you can say about his teammates. If anybody should lose his job right now it should be Hendry, for depleting our farm system and for signing clowns like milton bradley who destroyed every last bit of team chemistry on this team. I believe he meant well but that doesn't take away the fact that he has done a terrible job lately. If you actually think castro should be starting on the Cubs on opening day then you don't know baseball and should stick to watching curling, IDIOT!

Yours truely,
$$$$$RAWDOG 4 EVA$$$$$"

Clearly, Raw Dog "gets it".
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on August 08, 2011, 11:24:33 AM

Yours truely,
$$$$$RAWDOG 4 EVA$$$$$"

Holy Shit. I just realized that this post from Rawdog was from 2008. but nonetheless, he was spot on.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on August 08, 2011, 11:26:43 AM

Yours truely,
$$$$$RAWDOG 4 EVA$$$$$"

Holy Shit. I just realized that this post from Rawdog was from 2008. but nonetheless, he was spot on.

Let me know when you realize it's from 2010.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on August 08, 2011, 11:28:07 AM

Yours truely,
$$$$$RAWDOG 4 EVA$$$$$"

Let me know when you realize it's from 2010.

Jesus Christ. Screw this, I'm packing up for the day and going home.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Yours truely,
$$$$$RAWDOG 4 EVA$$$$$"

You didn't notice Raw Dog's anger at the "idiots talking about how Theriot needs to move to second base to make room for Castro" in the fourth sentence?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD.  I'd also like to publicly thank Starlin for being the only reason to watch this team somewhat regularly.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Damn, for a minute there I thought Hendry had traded Castro to St. Louis for Nick Punto and the remains of Corey Patterson's career.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 08, 2011, 01:01:13 PM
Damn, for a minute there I thought Hendry had traded Castro to St. Louis for Nick Punto and the remains of Corey Patterson's career.

Not a chance.  Saint Lewis already has an all-star shortstop.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on August 08, 2011, 02:57:19 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 08, 2011, 01:01:13 PM

Not a chance.  Saint Lewis already has an all-star shortstop.