News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Straw Dogs  ( 1,008 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Straw Dogs
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
Talk about seeing remakes of movies!   Sam Peckinpaugh did this much better in 1972.  That movie caused more than one nightmare.  This movie is a nightmare on its own.  The acting is leaden.  The script is worse.  Buncha good ol' boys just hangin' 'round.  Huntin'.   Raping.  Drinkin'.  Same ol' stuff.   These characters are crazy for the sake of being crazy.   One stereotype after another.  The movie telegraphs every move several scenes in advance.  After all is said and done I only felt bad about what they did to that beautiful Jaguar.  If you want violence for its own sake, this is your film. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Straw Dogs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 25, 2011, 10:56:54 AM
Talk about seeing remakes of movies!   Sam Peckinpaugh did this much better in 1972.  That movie caused more than one nightmare.  This movie is a nightmare on its own.  The acting is leaden.  The script is worse.  Buncha good ol' boys just hangin' 'round.  Huntin'.   Raping.  Drinkin'.  Same ol' stuff.   These characters are crazy for the sake of being crazy.   One stereotype after another.  The movie telegraphs every move several scenes in advance.  After all is said and done I only felt bad about what they did to that beautiful Jaguar.  If you want violence for its own sake, this is your film. 

Remaking Peckinpaugh isn't as stupid as remaking Hitchcock, but it's still pretty goddamn stupid.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 26, 2011, 09:17:37 AM

Remaking Peckinpaugh isn't as stupid as remaking Hitchcock, but it's still pretty goddamn stupid.

Good comparison.  Even Mel Brooks effort at parodying Hitchcock was kind of flat.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:31 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 26, 2011, 12:12:19 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 26, 2011, 09:17:37 AM

Good comparison.  Even Mel Brooks effort at parodying Hitchcock was kind of flat.

And that was with his working with Hitch.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16