News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,421 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #930 on: September 27, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 26, 2008, 07:09:55 PM
The Office apparently makes Weebs turn into BC.

Dear god...what have I become???

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #931 on: September 27, 2008, 09:00:42 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 27, 2008, 08:44:30 AM

BC. (?)

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #932 on: September 30, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »
I just caught the episode and thought it was outstanding.  Maybe because it had been gone for the summer and I don't watch much sitcom tv anymore.  Maybe I need to watch it again, I dunno.

I thought Michael's goatee was a tribute to David Brent at first, until I saw that it was actually a tribute to his throbbing man-love for Ryan, whose return to the show was great, if truly unrealistic.  His "list" was a good gag, particularly after the setup and subsequent encounter with Jim, after which you see Ryan scribbling into the list like the psycho he is.

I noticed the cinematagrophy and, in some cases, actual choreaography (although JOn woud just simply refer to it as blocking).  Like when Angela first splits from Doofus Brains and the camera pans back and follows Dwight's "pager" (who has a pager still?  Hilarious) and the scene continues with Dwight getting up to meet her for a hot lunch.  It's not quite Henry Hill impressing Karen on their first date when Scorcese had them wind through through the restaurant and kitchen, ending up in front of Henny Youngman at a personaized table, but it was still pretty well-crafted.

Quote from: Weebs on September 25, 2008, 10:53:41 PM
I'm kind of confused with what they're doing with the season though.  I think this episode was supposed to just be during the summer, which they normally have a little recap of.  But if Ryan is the receptionist (which was awesome), 8 weeks went by in the episode, and Pam only has one month left, where does that put him when she gets back?

I don't understand this question by Weebs at all and we must not let him murder this glorious, 3+ year old thread.  That said, the last part--why do you expect Pam to come back to Dunder Mufflin?  Her program in NYC is only 3 months, sure, but she quit her job, no?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #933 on: September 30, 2008, 11:28:26 PM »

That's what she said.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #934 on: September 30, 2008, 11:54:39 PM »
Quote from: JD on September 30, 2008, 11:28:26 PM

That's what she said.

Aaaaand we're back.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #935 on: October 01, 2008, 07:32:58 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on September 30, 2008, 11:00:05 PM
I don't understand this question by Weebs at all and we must not let him murder this glorious, 3+ year old thread.  That said, the last part--why do you expect Pam to come back to Dunder Mufflin?  Her program in NYC is only 3 months, sure, but she quit her job, no?

What I meant was it seems like they were going to keep Ryan in the office as the receptionist while Pam was gone for 3 months.  However, they covered 8 weeks of that time in just the first episode, because they normally don't actually have an episode for what happens in the summer.  It's usually just a recap they do through commercials.  So what I meant was if Pam is back in only 4 weeks (or right away, assuming that's when the next episode picks up), does that mean she's going to have a different job and Ryan will stay at reception, or will Ryan be gone right away when she gets back?

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #936 on: October 01, 2008, 07:37:34 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 01, 2008, 07:32:58 AM

What I meant was it seems like they were going to keep Ryan in the office as the receptionist while Pam was gone for 3 months.  However, they covered 8 weeks of that time in just the first episode, because they normally don't actually have an episode for what happens in the summer.  It's usually just a recap they do through commercials.  So what I meant was if Pam is back in only 4 weeks (or right away, assuming that's when the next episode picks up), does that mean she's going to have a different job and Ryan will stay at reception, or will Ryan be gone right away when she gets back?

aaaaaaaaaaaaand .. . dead again.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #937 on: October 01, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »

How many hours a week do you spend on OfficeTally?  Five?  15?  30?  Do you like Jam or Dwangela better?

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #938 on: October 01, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »

I haven't seen this much overanalysis since we discussed you not seeing the Dark Knight. At least that was funny.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #939 on: October 01, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
Quote from: RV on October 01, 2008, 08:13:05 AM

I haven't seen this much overanalysis since we discussed you not seeing the Dark Knight. At least that was funny.

How is that overanalysis?  It's barely even analysis.  I'm just wondering what they are going to do with Ryan/Pam if one of them as the other's job.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #940 on: October 01, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 01, 2008, 08:15:10 AM

How is that overanalysis?  It's barely even analysis.  I'm just wondering what they are going to do with Ryan/Pam if one of them as the other's job.

Just watch the fucking show. Who gives a shit.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #941 on: October 01, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »

Since the schooling is in some sort of graphic design, couldn't she end up with job duties that are related?

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #942 on: October 01, 2008, 08:42:23 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on October 01, 2008, 08:39:46 AM

Since the schooling is in some sort of graphic design, couldn't she end up with job duties that are related?

If this show continues along the ultra-realistic path it needs to be on, then of course she would. IN REAL LIFE SHE TOTALLY WOULD.>>>>111

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #943 on: October 01, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 01, 2008, 08:42:23 AM
Quote from: Shooter on October 01, 2008, 08:39:46 AM

If this show continues along the ultra-realistic path it needs to be on, then of course she would. IN REAL LIFE SHE TOTALLY WOULD.>>>>111

To be realistic, they'll probably have lay offs. Some major characters will have to go even if they are funny. Do the writers expect us to believe they can keep all those employees in this crappy economy? And what will happen to their 401ks?

Old Style Man

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #944 on: October 01, 2008, 10:22:42 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 01, 2008, 08:15:10 AM

I know they're doing an Office spin off. I don't know anything about it other than that, but my thought was that it will involve Jim and Pam in New York. I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting to find out, though.