News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,301 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #945 on: October 01, 2008, 10:23:32 AM »
Quote from: Old Style Man on October 01, 2008, 10:22:42 AM
Quote from: Weebs on October 01, 2008, 08:15:10 AM
Quote from: RV on October 01, 2008, 08:13:05 AM
Quote from: Weebs on October 01, 2008, 07:32:58 AM
Quote from: Mike D on September 30, 2008, 11:00:05 PM
I don't understand this question by Weebs at all and we must not let him murder this glorious, 3+ year old thread.  That said, the last part--why do you expect Pam to come back to Dunder Mufflin?  Her program in NYC is only 3 months, sure, but she quit her job, no?

What I meant was it seems like they were going to keep Ryan in the office as the receptionist while Pam was gone for 3 months.  However, they covered 8 weeks of that time in just the first episode, because they normally don't actually have an episode for what happens in the summer.  It's usually just a recap they do through commercials.  So what I meant was if Pam is back in only 4 weeks (or right away, assuming that's when the next episode picks up), does that mean she's going to have a different job and Ryan will stay at reception, or will Ryan be gone right away when she gets back?

I haven't seen this much overanalysis since we discussed you not seeing the Dark Knight. At least that was funny.

How is that overanalysis?  It's barely even analysis.  I'm just wondering what they are going to do with Ryan/Pam if one of them as the other's job.

I know they're doing an Office spin off. I don't know anything about it other than that, but my thought was that it will involve Jim and Pam in New York. I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting to find out, though.

I think the plan is to have Jim & Pam springboard it, and head back to Scranton.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #946 on: October 01, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 01, 2008, 10:23:32 AM
I don't understand this question by Weebs at all and we must not let him murder this glorious, 3+ year old thread.  That said, the last part--why do you expect Pam to come back to Dunder Mufflin?  Her program in NYC is only 3 months, sure, but she quit her job, no?

What I meant was it seems like they were going to keep Ryan in the office as the receptionist while Pam was gone for 3 months.  However, they covered 8 weeks of that time in just the first episode, because they normally don't actually have an episode for what happens in the summer.  It's usually just a recap they do through commercials.  So what I meant was if Pam is back in only 4 weeks (or right away, assuming that's when the next episode picks up), does that mean she's going to have a different job and Ryan will stay at reception, or will Ryan be gone right away when she gets back?

I haven't seen this much overanalysis since we discussed you not seeing the Dark Knight. At least that was funny.

How is that overanalysis?  It's barely even analysis.  I'm just wondering what they are going to do with Ryan/Pam if one of them as the other's job.

I know they're doing an Office spin off. I don't know anything about it other than that, but my thought was that it will involve Jim and Pam in New York. I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting to find out, though.

I think the plan is to have Jim & Pam springboard it, and head back to Scranton.

Honestly, how many times can they have Jim leave Scranton and come back?  I mean, have you ever been to Scranton?  It's not exactly a great place to live.  I don't think that it would be all that realistic to have him leave for a second time and then come back again.  He already doesn't seem like he wants to be there, and that office is pretty crazy anyway, so I don't think he'd come back.  There's just too much awkwardness.  I definitely think we might see him and Pam leave and settle down in New York.  But would they be happy there?  I don't know.  But it probably seems like the best option at this point in the show.  I could even see Jim leaving Dunder-Mifflin entirely.  He did want to be a sportswriter, and he's getting to the age where he probably should make that career jump.  It's possible that he could get a job in Philadelphia, too.  Pam could find a graphic design job there.  I'd imagine that could work out, since Jim might want to follow his dreams after Pam chased hers.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #947 on: October 01, 2008, 11:11:33 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 01, 2008, 10:53:20 AM

Honestly, how many times can they have Jim leave Scranton and come back?  I mean, have you ever been to Scranton?  It's not exactly a great place to live.  I don't think that it would be all that realistic to have him leave for a second time and then come back again.  He already doesn't seem like he wants to be there, and that office is pretty crazy anyway, so I don't think he'd come back.  There's just too much awkwardness.  I definitely think we might see him and Pam leave and settle down in New York.  But would they be happy there?  I don't know.  But it probably seems like the best option at this point in the show.  I could even see Jim leaving Dunder-Mifflin entirely.  He did want to be a sportswriter, and he's getting to the age where he probably should make that career jump.  It's possible that he could get a job in Philadelphia, too.  Pam could find a graphic design job there.  I'd imagine that could work out, since Jim might want to follow his dreams after Pam chased hers.

I'd like to see more of this "Philly Jim."
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #948 on: October 01, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »

HE'S GONNA MAKE IT AFTER ALL!
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #949 on: October 01, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »
Quote from: JD on October 01, 2008, 11:11:33 AM

I'd like to see more of this "Philly Jim."

They could do a cross-over with "It's Always Sunny..."...OMG!!!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #950 on: October 01, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »

He could stay in NY as a sports writer. Have him break up with Pam and then to make ends meet have roommate. They could make Jim be really messy and his roommate really neat and fussy.
01/20/2013

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #951 on: October 01, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on October 01, 2008, 05:03:56 PM

He could stay in NY as a sports writer. Have him break up with Pam and then to make ends meet have roommate. They could make Jim be really messy and his roommate really neat and fussy.

I liked that one better when it was called Growing Pains.  Try again, Kowalski.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #952 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
Quote from: JD on October 01, 2008, 08:26:28 PM

How about, Jim doesn't get a sports writing gig (because he lacks experience) and goes to work in a sporting goods store instead.  And then his foreign cousin with a bad understanding of English and his wacky homeland customs comes to live with him?
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #953 on: October 02, 2008, 10:06:56 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 02, 2008, 10:01:48 AM

How about, Jim doesn't get a sports writing gig (because he lacks experience) and goes to work in a sporting goods store instead.  And then his foreign cousin with a bad understanding of English and his wacky homeland customs comes to live with him?

How about he's a sports writer in NY with a wife a 3 kids. His parents live across the street and are always over at his house driving him nuts and he has a really tall brother who is a cop?
01/20/2013

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #954 on: October 02, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »

How about Jim and some other dude that looks like George Michael adopt a blond. They aren't gay though. They live together and they're both her dad.

They could call it - Jim and Some Guy With Some Kid And Stuff.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #955 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 02, 2008, 10:07:44 AM

How about Jim and some other dude that looks like George Michael adopt a blond. They aren't gay though. They live together and they're both her dad.

How about Jenna Fischer goes topless for an episode or two?

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #956 on: October 02, 2008, 10:50:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 02, 2008, 10:12:57 AM

You gotta save that stuff for sweeps.

Maybe she could play the nosy neighbor while Jim builds a small robitic child?
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Taylor2

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #957 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 02, 2008, 10:50:10 AM

How about Jim moves to Florida and becomes and astronaut he finds out that Pam is really a genie and she gets him into all sorts of wacky situations?
01/20/2013

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #958 on: October 02, 2008, 11:53:27 AM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on October 02, 2008, 11:33:45 AM

How about Jim moves to Florida and becomes and astronaut he finds out that Pam is really a genie and she gets him into all sorts of wacky situations?

The show comes to Chicago, where Jim becomes a psychotherapist and takes the El the wrong way to work.

With either of the last two, we could resurrect Bill Daily in a supporting role.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #959 on: October 02, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on October 02, 2008, 11:53:27 AM
Quote from: Taylor2 on October 02, 2008, 11:33:45 AM

The show comes to Chicago, where Jim becomes a psychotherapist and takes the El the wrong way to work.

With either of the last two, we could resurrect Bill Daily in a supporting role.

How about Jim gets his weinis caught in a meat grinder and the only way to save it is for Pam to light it on fire? 
Too soon?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!