News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,360 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #975 on: October 16, 2008, 10:35:28 PM »
Quote from: RV on October 16, 2008, 09:32:59 PM
Jan is in the terminal stages of her pregnancy, the afterbirth will soon float to the top of the tub.

Did anyone else notice that all 3 episodes this season have been outstanding?

My only qualms with this season are that there's not nearly enough Andy (he hasn't been used enough since the start of season 4), and Pam needs to get the hell back to Scranton.  This episode was quite awesome, although Dwight trying to destroy the stroller seemed a bit tacked on and over-extended.  The open was so bizarre, as was Jan singing for like 20 minutes straight, and Michael finally sending a big "fuck you" and asking out Holly was the balls.

And I've still been trying to figure out what seems so different between seasons 1-3 and 4-5, and I think it's that Michael is not nearly as big of an asshole as he used to be.  He was never to the point of Ricky Gervais' David, but he also wasn't so cartoonishly dimwitted.  I liked it better when he was still an asshole, but he had his redeeming moments and the moments where you had to feel sorry for him.  Now it's like we're forced to always feel bad for him and laugh at how "goofy" he is, rather than how clueless he normally is about his own actions.  It's not so bad, since Steve Carrell is a genius and is fun to watch no matter what, but it would be nice to see the old Michael again.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #976 on: October 17, 2008, 08:30:12 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 16, 2008, 10:35:28 PM
Jan is in the terminal stages of her pregnancy, the afterbirth will soon float to the top of the tub.

My only qualms with this season are that there's not nearly enough Andy (he hasn't been used enough since the start of season 4), and Pam needs to get the hell back to Scranton.  This episode was quite awesome, although Dwight trying to destroy the stroller seemed a bit tacked on and over-extended.  The open was so bizarre, as was Jan singing for like 20 minutes straight, and Michael finally sending a big "fuck you" and asking out Holly was the balls.

And I've still been trying to figure out what seems so different between seasons 1-3 and 4-5, and I think it's that Michael is not nearly as big of an asshole as he used to be.  He was never to the point of Ricky Gervais' David, but he also wasn't so cartoonishly dimwitted.  I liked it better when he was still an asshole, but he had his redeeming moments and the moments where you had to feel sorry for him.  Now it's like we're forced to always feel bad for him and laugh at how "goofy" he is, rather than how clueless he normally is about his own actions.  It's not so bad, since Steve Carrell is a genius and is fun to watch no matter what, but it would be nice to see the old Michael again.

Good to see you've stopped overanalyzing this show.

Neifilicious

« Reply #977 on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:44 AM »
Quote from: RV on October 17, 2008, 08:30:12 AM

Good to see you've stopped overanalyzing this show.
Weebs is teh Paul of the Boobtube forum.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #978 on: October 17, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »

Now you're just doing it to be annoying, right?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #979 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »
I just want to know what the fuck is up with Angela and Andy dressing Jan's kid up in produce.

Oh and the conversation between Michael and Darrel about "baby daddy"?  Darrel could read the tax code and I'd be entertained.  That guy's awesome.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Neifilicious

« Reply #980 on: October 18, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »
QuoteDarrel could read the tax code and I'd be entertained.  That guy's awesome.
Kinda like this?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #981 on: October 18, 2008, 10:45:56 PM »

No love for the "Golden Shower" jokes?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #982 on: October 19, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 18, 2008, 10:45:56 PM

I thought it was a little forced.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #983 on: October 20, 2008, 06:01:26 AM »
Quote from: JD on October 19, 2008, 03:31:48 PM

A little cranberry juice will clear that right up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #984 on: October 20, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 20, 2008, 06:01:26 AM

But then what would I drink?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #985 on: October 20, 2008, 12:36:53 PM »
Quote from: JD on October 20, 2008, 11:24:51 AM
Quote from: Fork on October 20, 2008, 06:01:26 AM

But then what would I drink?

That's why they call it cranberry juice "cocktail", silly.
TIME TO POST!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #986 on: October 23, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »
"It squeaks when you bang it.  That's what she said."

Annnnnnd we're back.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #987 on: October 23, 2008, 09:36:56 PM »
"$1,000!"

[pause]

"Not worth it."

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #988 on: October 24, 2008, 07:56:58 AM »
"She introduced me to so many things: pasteurized milk, sheets, monotheism, presents on your birthday, preventitive medicine."

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #989 on: October 24, 2008, 08:17:28 AM »
I was hoping with the engagement that the pam and jim saga would be over. Apparently not. Guh.