News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,372 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #1215 on: February 03, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 03, 2009, 11:52:47 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 03, 2009, 11:43:04 AM
Quote from: 5laky on February 03, 2009, 10:08:33 AM
What I love about Michael is how he's a total moron and yet somehow he's the best branch manager in the company and they have to kiss his ass. The economy sucks (not sure if you've been hearing about that. you been hearin about that?) and he's the only one making money for Dunder-Mifflin. He seems to always close his business deals.

I love this show.

That's my favorite part of the show.  Why doesn't Dunder-Mifflin just fire his ridiculous ass?  Because he makes money.  In both the Applebee's Chili's episode with Tim Meadows, and the paper convention episode, he closed huge deals despite playing the fool the entire time.  They're clearly trying to cater to Weebs by making it BELIEVABLE that he would keep his job.

It's the new golf course'd.

I just didn't want Fork to make a baby back ribs joke.
Hire Jim Essian!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1216 on: February 03, 2009, 01:14:56 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 03, 2009, 12:08:50 PM
What I love about Michael is how he's a total moron and yet somehow he's the best branch manager in the company and they have to kiss his ass. The economy sucks (not sure if you've been hearing about that. you been hearin about that?) and he's the only one making money for Dunder-Mifflin. He seems to always close his business deals.

I love this show.

That's my favorite part of the show.  Why doesn't Dunder-Mifflin just fire his ridiculous ass?  Because he makes money.  In both the Applebee's Chili's episode with Tim Meadows, and the paper convention episode, he closed huge deals despite playing the fool the entire time.  They're clearly trying to cater to Weebs by making it BELIEVABLE that he would keep his job.

It's like you're coming up short in your attempts to derail the jokes.  If you can put in just a little more effort.  (Heh?  See that? Heh, heh?)

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1217 on: February 03, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 03, 2009, 01:14:56 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 03, 2009, 12:08:50 PM

I love this show.

It's like you're coming up short in your attempts to derail the jokes.  If you can put in just a little more effort.  (Heh?  See that? Heh, heh?)

It's like you didn't put enough POP in that joke.  Like you COLLARED it in.  Does that make sense?  Nope, didn't think so.  Proceed.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1218 on: February 03, 2009, 02:13:20 PM »

Quote from: TDubbs on February 03, 2009, 02:10:17 PM
It's like you didn't put enough POP in that joke.  Like you COLLARED it in.  Does that make sense?  Nope, didn't think so.  Proceed.

Just an fyi, neither is funny.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1219 on: February 03, 2009, 02:17:58 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 03, 2009, 02:13:20 PM

Quote from: TDubbs on February 03, 2009, 02:10:17 PM

Just an fyi, neither is funny.

Shut up fatfuck

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1220 on: February 03, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »
This food is bad.

This painting is bad.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1221 on: February 03, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on February 03, 2009, 03:07:50 PM
This movie is bad.

This food is muffin tastes bad.

Maybe the rabbit ears on top of the FEMA trailer were on the fritz'd

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1222 on: February 03, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »
Quote from: RV on February 03, 2009, 03:28:37 PM
This movie is bad.

Yeah, I botched, had to fix it, then still botched it again.  Still, Andy cracks me up.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1223 on: February 03, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on February 03, 2009, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: RV on February 03, 2009, 03:28:37 PM
This movie is bad.

Yeah, I botched, had to fix it, then still botched it again.  Still, Andy cracks me up.

you mean "batched".

Get with the fucking program.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1224 on: February 03, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 03, 2009, 09:45:02 AM
Quote from: Mike Douche on February 02, 2009, 11:51:43 PM
Also, how awesome is it that Michael thinks You Tube is a production company?

"We'll get You Tube to come and film it."

I really think this is the genius of the show.  It's these, seemingly, throwaway lines that are hilarious.  It takes a second to register what you just hear, and then you can't stop laughing.

I know I've talked about it before, but to me there's one glaring difference between the American version and the Brit version.  In the Brit version, David never sees the folly of his ways.  He's awkward, and continues to be so even after light is shed on what he has caused.  Michael, on the other hand, always seems to resolve whatever problem he has caused.  And, if the problem is not resolved, at least Michael seems to try to smooth it over.  David never "gets it".

There's something tragic about Michael.  There's something sinister about David.

Just a thought.

When Dwight is called to Corporate because of his safety excesses, Michael sits next to him at the table.  Then he gets up and wanders to the window and says that what Dwight did is no big deal.  He is corrected by one of the corporate suits who says that it is a big deal, whereupon Michael sits down on management's side of the table and starts working on Dwight from that side.  Nasty.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1225 on: February 04, 2009, 08:52:04 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 03, 2009, 06:17:58 PM
Quote from: Oleg on February 03, 2009, 09:45:02 AM
Quote from: Mike Douche on February 02, 2009, 11:51:43 PM
Also, how awesome is it that Michael thinks You Tube is a production company?

"We'll get You Tube to come and film it."

I really think this is the genius of the show.  It's these, seemingly, throwaway lines that are hilarious.  It takes a second to register what you just hear, and then you can't stop laughing.

I know I've talked about it before, but to me there's one glaring difference between the American version and the Brit version.  In the Brit version, David never sees the folly of his ways.  He's awkward, and continues to be so even after light is shed on what he has caused.  Michael, on the other hand, always seems to resolve whatever problem he has caused.  And, if the problem is not resolved, at least Michael seems to try to smooth it over.  David never "gets it".

There's something tragic about Michael.  There's something sinister about David.

Just a thought.

When Dwight is called to Corporate because of his safety excesses, Michael sits next to him at the table.  Then he gets up and wanders to the window and says that what Dwight did is no big deal.  He is corrected by one of the corporate suits who says that it is a big deal, whereupon Michael sits down on management's side of the table and starts working on Dwight from that side.  Nasty.

But, that terd wouldn't scootch down.  SCOOTCH DOWN!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1226 on: February 04, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »

I love this show.

That's my favorite part of the show.  Why doesn't Dunder-Mifflin just fire his ridiculous ass?  Because he makes money.  In both the Applebee's episode with Tim Meadows, and the paper convention episode, he closed huge deals despite playing the fool the entire time.  They're clearly trying to cater to Weebs by making it BELIEVABLE that he would keep his job.

Time to get real. How likely is it that a guy who's completely socially inept at all facets of his life be so smooth when it comes to selling paper products? Riddle me that.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1227 on: February 04, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 04, 2009, 12:07:54 PM

I love this show.

That's my favorite part of the show.  Why doesn't Dunder-Mifflin just fire his ridiculous ass?  Because he makes money.  In both the Applebee's episode with Tim Meadows, and the paper convention episode, he closed huge deals despite playing the fool the entire time.  They're clearly trying to cater to Weebs by making it BELIEVABLE that he would keep his job.

Time to get real. How likely is it that a guy who's completely socially inept at all facets of his life be so smooth when it comes to selling paper products? Riddle me that.

He's an idiot savant.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1228 on: February 04, 2009, 12:13:50 PM »

I love this show.

It's highly unlikely, BH, until you get down to the heart of the matter.  The heart.  Michael Scarn has heart.  Michael Scott is a regular old chump.  He turns on the afterburners, and Agen Scarn comes out and POW!, he makes the sale.  People can relate to that.  People helping people, people selling things to other people.  So it's not so much a riddle, as it is a riddlekulous question.  HE JUST GETS SHIT DONE!  
Oh yeah, and b/c you don't have to be good in public situations to be good at your job.  Look at morph.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1229 on: February 04, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on February 04, 2009, 12:13:50 PM

I love this show.

It's highly unlikely, BH, until you get down to the heart of the matter.  The heart.  Michael Scarn has heart.  Michael Scott is a regular old chump.  He turns on the afterburners, and Agen Scarn comes out and POW!, he makes the sale.  People can relate to that.  People helping people, people selling things to other people.  So it's not so much a riddle, as it is a riddlekulous question.  HE JUST GETS SHIT DONE!  
Oh yeah, and b/c you don't have to be good in public situations to be good at your job.  Look at morph.

I really do love you.