News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,306 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #1470 on: October 15, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 12, 2009, 09:42:25 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 12, 2009, 08:12:15 PM
Quote from: R-V on October 09, 2009, 09:25:22 AM
DPD. How did this show exist without Andy Bernard? The scene with him laying next to Pam's bed, bragging about sleeping with the bride the night before the wedding, and then admitting he cried all night, was pure greatness.

So was Dwight's three wolf moon t-shirt.

Andy is amazing.  Too bad he paid all that money for the honeymoon suite and didn't even get to use it.

An Andy-Erin arc is very promising. I have no idea what it is about Erin, but she's nice.

She smells like his mom.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1471 on: October 15, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
You would LOVE prison, Oscar.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1472 on: October 16, 2009, 07:39:02 AM »
You have a broken sparktube.  You're car's totalled.  You should get a refund on that.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1473 on: October 20, 2009, 11:51:59 PM »
Oscar's awesome.

"The coalition for reason is extremely weak."

Kevin's act had been growning a little thin for me, but was almost entirely made up for with that ONE silent pan-in to his face after he realized that he fried Jim's credit. 

And he may brag that Jim and Pam didn't know that it was him, but Oscar knew.  I doubt it's a storyline that will get followed up on, but still funny.

This show is solid.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1474 on: October 21, 2009, 12:26:09 AM »
Quote from: MAD on October 20, 2009, 11:51:59 PM
Kevin's act had been growning a little thin for me, but was almost entirely made up for with that ONE silent pan-in to his face after he realized that he fried Jim's credit.

I felt like the Kevin bits were the only unimpeachably awesome parts from this episode.

Oscar: Why would you cancel Jim's credit cards?
Kevin: I usually can think quick on my feet, but they were so fast on the phone.
Oscar: This constitutes identity fraud.
Kevin: Oh, God. I wouldn't last in jail, Oscar. I'm not like you.
Oscar: What's that supposed to mean?
Kevin: Oh, you don't know about jail? Oh, you would love jail.
Oscar: Why would I love jail?
Kevin: Because... You would LOVE it.

Sure, the character is relatively one-note. But he hits that note so perfectly.

"I usually can think quick on my feet..."
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1475 on: October 21, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »
Oscar's awesome.

"The coalition for reason is extremely weak."

And he may brag that Jim and Pam didn't know that it was him, but Oscar knew.  I doubt it's a storyline that will get followed up on, but still funny.

This show is solid.

The scene when Oscar knew he shouldn't call Jim but did it anyhow was great.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1476 on: October 21, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 21, 2009, 12:26:09 AM

I felt like the Kevin bits were the only unimpeachably awesome parts from this episode.

Kevin: I usually can think quick on my feet, but they were so fast on the phone.

I might be repeating myself but Kevin is criminally underrated. The episode where he opens the show narrating his expertise on chili making juxtaposed over him trying to carry the huge pot into the office, then spilling it everywhere, then frantically and hysterically trying to clean it up is one of the best scenes in the history of the show. I felt like laughing at him, helping him clean and giving him a shoulder to cry on all at the same time.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1477 on: October 21, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 21, 2009, 12:12:47 PM

I might be repeating myself but Kevin is criminally underrated. The episode where he opens the show narrating his expertise on chili making juxtaposed over him trying to carry the huge pot into the office, then spilling it everywhere, then frantically and hysterically trying to clean it up is one of the best scenes in the history of the show. I felt like laughing at him, helping him clean and giving him a shoulder to cry on all at the same time.

I would agree that was pretty damn funny. Trying to use papers from the reception desk to clean it up was a nice touch.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1478 on: October 21, 2009, 01:42:12 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 21, 2009, 12:53:46 PM

I would agree that was pretty damn funny. Trying to use papers from the reception desk to clean it up was a nice touch.

For those unaware, Yeti just got caught up on the first five seasons of the Office yesterday.

Now he totally gets what everyone else is talking about and has all the plot points to prove it!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1479 on: October 21, 2009, 02:23:48 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 21, 2009, 01:42:12 PM

For those unaware, Yeti just got caught up on the first five seasons of the Office yesterday.

Now he totally gets what everyone else is talking about and has all the plot points to prove it!

Seems like the classy thing to do would be not to call attention to it.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1480 on: October 21, 2009, 03:01:31 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2009, 02:23:48 PM

He's Jay Cutler

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1481 on: October 21, 2009, 03:26:56 PM »

As punishment for calling me out, it's Desipio policy to give you the plague.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1482 on: October 21, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 21, 2009, 03:26:56 PM

As punishment for calling me out, it's Desipio policy to give you the plague. a night with Steve Phillips' mistress.

Worse than the plague'd

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1483 on: October 21, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »

Uh, that's the "plaque" sir.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1484 on: October 21, 2009, 04:53:57 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2009, 03:51:45 PM

Uh, that's the "plaque" sir.

Ah yes. The special demotivational plaque to break what's left of your spirit...