News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,396 )

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Re: The Office
« Reply #1500 on: October 23, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 23, 2009, 10:10:12 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 23, 2009, 09:12:28 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 23, 2009, 08:39:46 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 22, 2009, 11:41:32 PM
Quote from: Weebs on October 22, 2009, 11:21:48 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 22, 2009, 10:25:30 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 22, 2009, 08:41:01 PM
That was a fucking great episode.

Really?  I was just coming on to say I thought it was the worst one I've seen.  Jenna Fischer is lucky she's hot, because she is an absolutely terrible actress.

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

It wasn't an instant classic by any means, but COME ON!

Eh.  The only time I laughed was when Creed cried.  I love this show, but that episode bored me.

I thought it was nearly as funny as the wedding episode. Kerm's Comedy-Street-Cred-as-Judged-by-Me VIP card.....REVOKED!

Jim's reaction after Michael started describing Pam's mom's car was entertaining.

HOW AM I GOING TO GET INTO ALL THE CLUBS NOW?

I stand by my statement.  Jenna Fischer really grated on me during that episode.  Every time she said "franks & beans" I wanted her to go on maternity leave.  And her "No more meetings!" chant was beyond painful to watch.  Plus, I was looking forward to a MUCH more complicated "Jim screwing with Dwight's radio" plot, and then he went and got all distracted by the "serious" problem.  That episode just didn't do it for me.

Ryan's hat was pretty fucking sweet, though.
I thought the chant scene was great because of Stanley's reaction in the background.  But I do agree with you on Jenna Fischer. 

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1501 on: October 23, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on October 23, 2009, 10:13:04 AM

Really?  I was just coming on to say I thought it was the worst one I've seen.  Jenna Fischer is lucky she's hot, because she is an absolutely terrible actress.

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

Eh.  The only time I laughed was when Creed cried.  I love this show, but that episode bored me.

I thought it was nearly as funny as the wedding episode. Kerm's Comedy-Street-Cred-as-Judged-by-Me VIP card.....REVOKED!

Jim's reaction after Michael started describing Pam's mom's car was entertaining.

I stand by my statement.  Jenna Fischer really grated on me during that episode.  Every time she said "franks & beans" I wanted her to go on maternity leave.  And her "No more meetings!" chant was beyond painful to watch.  Plus, I was looking forward to a MUCH more complicated "Jim screwing with Dwight's radio" plot, and then he went and got all distracted by the "serious" problem.  That episode just didn't do it for me.

I thought the chant scene was great because of Stanley's reaction in the background.  But I do agree with you on Jenna Fischer. 

I think Fischer's inability to REALISTICALLY portray Pam's anger actually goes along with the character. Pam is such a nice person, it makes sense she wouldn't really know how to act when she's reached Mike Douche levels of anger.

And now we've spent way too much time talking about a character who's not even in the top 10 reasons to watch the show anyway.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1502 on: October 23, 2009, 11:03:30 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 23, 2009, 10:17:41 AM

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

I think Fischer's inability to REALISTICALLY portray Pam's anger actually goes along with the character. Pam is such a nice person, it makes sense she wouldn't really know how to act when she's reached Mike Douche levels of anger.

And now we've spent way too much time talking about a character who's not even in the top 10 reasons to watch the show anyway.

I would agree with you if she'd shown a lick of acting chops to this point in the series.  But I don't believe for one second she was thinking that deeply about her character.  I think she's just all-around terrible at acting, including, but not limited to, the "franks & beans" thing.
Hire Jim Essian!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1503 on: October 23, 2009, 11:53:59 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 23, 2009, 11:03:30 AM

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

I would agree with you if she'd shown a lick of acting chops to this point in the series.  But I don't believe for one second she was thinking that deeply about her character.  I think she's just all-around terrible at acting, including, but not limited to, the "franks & beans" thing.

What confused me is why it should be a big deal that Michael is shtuping Pam's mother?  Is it the fact that her mother is not celibate or the fact that she is not celibate with Michael?  Or is it that her hormones are out of whack?  Since when do offspring dictate with whom their divorced parents sleep?  Am I being naive?  The comic possibilities offered by double date episodes in the future are limitless.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1504 on: October 23, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 22, 2009, 09:04:09 PM
Also, Creed crying at the aria. 

I thought the chant scene was great because of Stanley's reaction in the background. 

Those.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1505 on: October 23, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

Jesus Christ, a perfectly good episode was ruined by Pam.  It's not so much that her acting was bad (although I'm glad they cut out her "Franks & Beans" laugh after about .5 second), but the episode was just Pam yelling the same thing for 3/4 of it.  She just became the most unlikeable character on the show, if she wasn't already.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1506 on: October 23, 2009, 09:56:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 23, 2009, 09:33:12 AM

This.  Also when Jim got pissed at Toby immediately after.

That was awesome. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1507 on: October 27, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
Why I'm changing my name to Creed.

Andy:
I haven't freaked out about a decision like this since I had to choose between...

"Here Comes Treble"...

"Treble in Paradise"...

"The Treble Shooters"...

and...

"The Fingerlake Maestros"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1508 on: October 28, 2009, 07:27:13 AM »

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

I don't think she's a terrible actress.  I remember several instances, during the Jim-and-Pam-will-they/won't-they plot when she was pretty good.  Like, when she's dealing with the Roy stuff and trying to go to art school; or when Jim comes back from his interview with corporate and interrupts Pam's "interview" with the cameras at Scranton to ask her to dinner; the dinner episode at Michael and Jan's condo.

This is far too much analysis for someone with a nice set of sweater biscuits.  As a stand-alone actress, she's probably not very intriguing.  But, when she's playing off Jim or Dwight or Michael or any other character on the show, I find her geniuinely entertaining.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1509 on: October 28, 2009, 08:24:16 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 28, 2009, 07:27:13 AM

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

I don't think she's a terrible actress.  I remember several instances, during the Jim-and-Pam-will-they/won't-they plot when she was pretty good.  Like, when she's dealing with the Roy stuff and trying to go to art school; or when Jim comes back from his interview with corporate and interrupts Pam's "interview" with the cameras at Scranton to ask her to dinner; the dinner episode at Michael and Jan's condo.

This is far too much analysis for someone with a nice set of sweater biscuits.  As a stand-alone actress, she's probably not very intriguing.  But, when she's playing off Jim or Dwight or Michael or any other character on the show, I find her geniuinely entertaining.

Now we just need some cinematography analysis from Yeti and this episode of Hayseed & Hilljack at the Picture Shows will be ready to air.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1510 on: October 28, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 28, 2009, 08:24:16 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 28, 2009, 07:27:13 AM

Shut the fuck up, Weebs!

Ironically, this.

Now we just need some cinematography analysis from Yeti and this episode of Hayseed & Hilljack at the Picture Shows will be ready to air.

Well, they don't show enough shots that highlight her side and under boobage.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1511 on: October 28, 2009, 05:59:58 PM »
I....DECLARE....BANKRUPTCY!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1512 on: October 30, 2009, 06:40:48 AM »
Book Face.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1513 on: October 30, 2009, 07:53:46 AM »
"You're paying too much for worms. Who is your worm guy?"

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1514 on: October 30, 2009, 10:00:40 AM »
I didn't notice before that Creed has a picture of himself on the wall next to his desk.  And by "picture," I mean it looks like a computer printout.
Hire Jim Essian!