News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,313 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »
The Jim/Pam thing is following the exact same track that the Tim/Dawn thing did in the British version.

PBS just showed the one Saturday when David and "Finchy" lost in Quiz Bowl or whatever they called it, and Finchy threw Tim's shoe over the bar.

The series was almost over and Lee and Dawn were planning on moving to America so Tim was depressed, and having to walk around the outside of the bar with one shoe on to find his other shoe in the dark seemed a suitably pitiful way to end the episode.

The NBC version may have painted themselves into a corner though with Roy and Pam by actually setting a date for the wedding, that they'll have to cross next year.  Though Roy seems like the kind of guy who accidentally schedule a fishing trip on his wedding day and reschedule the wedding instead of the fishing trip.

Love those Pocanos.

JL

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »
Last night's episode was great. 

The Dwight bobblehead, hope that goes on sale somewhere.

A Michael Scott Joint.

Best pizza in NYC - Sbarros!

The whole Dwight rant comparing women to wolves.

Michael putting his passport in his briefcase as he is headed for NYC.

JL

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »
On a related note, this is the Michael Scott Valentine's Day playlist from iTunes:

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2006, 12:34:24 PM »
what'd Dwight give that Christian chick?  i missed that
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

JL

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
A key to his apartment.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2006, 12:56:11 PM »
I don't know if everyone is aware or not, but Dwight has his own MySpace account.

http://www.myspace.com/dwightschrute

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2006, 04:29:39 PM »
I loved the sight of Phyllis having to "Fireman's Carry" that enormous bear she got from "Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration", and the look on Pam's face when Roy figured out she was mad at him for not getting her anything for Valentine's Day and he said, "Valentine's Day's not over.  How about I get you home and we have the best sex ever?"  Ahh, the look of panic...it never gets old.

Also loved Jim's "No...now while I'm right...here...OK" reaction when the Indian girl asked Ryan out right in front of him.

And as JL already pointed out the "A Michael Scott Joint" at the end of the presentation "movie" was great, as was the inexplicable inclusion of photos of Robin Williams and Steve Martin as Michael's voice yelled "Great Scott" with a British accent.

Also liked the bit where he ran after that woman he thought was Tina Fey as the real Conan O'Brien walked right past him without his noticing.

This is why I'm not ashamed to admit I watch The Office twice every week.

Frickin' Olympics!  I hate 'em.

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2006, 04:32:40 PM »
"'I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!', Airplane"

dh

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2006, 04:46:27 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 07, 2006, 10:07:59 AM
Though Roy seems like the kind of guy who accidentally schedule a fishing trip on his wedding day and reschedule the wedding instead of the fishing trip.

The guy who plays Roy played pretty much the same character in "Big Fish" - big fugly lunkhead with girlfriend coveted by the clever chap.

If they follow the same track as Big Fish:

- Roy will beat Jim into a fine paste

- Pam will fire the engagement ring at Roy and marry Jim

- Before he's 30, Roy will have a grabber on the shitter and drop dead

Phyllis: (about Titanic, before the Booze Cruise) Michael, everyone in the engine room drowned.

Michael: Thank you, spoiler… alert.

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2006, 06:00:13 PM »
John Krasinski (Jim) was on Leno afterwards. I'm pretty sure I caught the whole segment, but they only mentioned the show in passing.  He seemed legitimately entertaining though.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

Blee

• YAAAAAAAANKEE SWAP
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2006, 06:26:29 PM »
Quote from: MrSpeed on February 10, 2006, 12:56:11 PM
I don't know if everyone is aware or not, but Dwight has his own MySpace account.

http://www.myspace.com/dwightschrute

Actually, a lot of the Office people have MySpaces...and I'm friends with most of them [which could just mean I'm a loser, but who wouldn't want to friend these people?]. These are maintained by the actual people who play them, whereas I'm pretty sure the Dwight one isn't [well, according to Pam, who once went over who in the cast doesn't keep a MySpace]

http://www.myspace.com/bjnovak 
http://www.myspace.com/pambeesley 
http://www.myspace.com/accountinglady
http://www.myspace.com/roy_theoffice
http://www.myspace.com/kevinmalone
http://www.myspace.com/kateflan
Different frogs, different times.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2006, 02:02:35 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 10, 2006, 04:29:39 PM
I loved the sight of Phyllis having to "Fireman's Carry" that enormous bear she got from "Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration", and the look on Pam's face when Roy figured out she was mad at him for not getting her anything for Valentine's Day and he said, "Valentine's Day's not over. How about I get you home and we have the best sex ever?" Ahh, the look of panic...it never gets old.

Also loved Jim's "No...now while I'm right...here...OK" reaction when the Indian girl asked Ryan out right in front of him.

And as JL already pointed out the "A Michael Scott Joint" at the end of the presentation "movie" was great, as was the inexplicable inclusion of photos of Robin Williams and Steve Martin as Michael's voice yelled "Great Scott" with a British accent.

Also liked the bit where he ran after that woman he thought was Tina Fey as the real Conan O'Brien walked right past him without his noticing.

This is why I'm not ashamed to admit I watch The Office twice every week.

Frickin' Olympics! I hate 'em.

I also loved when Michael scribble some long-division math problem on the chalkboard in the warehouse and said:
"just in case there's anyone in here that doesn't belong.  A little Good Will Hunting action."

Kills me.

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2006, 06:08:57 PM »
If I had missed the episode where Dwight shadowed Oscar all day, this gem might not have sent me flying off my couch.

Upon being asked who was responsible for sending him a Valentines gift --

Oscar:  "...My mom"

::Casually slips note into pocket::
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2006, 02:01:32 PM »
"Women are like wolves.  If you want a wolf, you have to trap it.  You have to snare it.  And then you have to tame it.  Keep it happy.  Care for it.  Feed it.  Lovingly, the way an animal deserves to be loved.  My animal deserves alot of loving."

I'm gonna miss not having Dwight Schrute's wisdom for the next few weeks. 

berserker

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2006, 04:36:10 PM »

I know my poor wife is going crazy triing to track down a Dwight Schrute bobblehead doll for me.