News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,323 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2006, 04:49:25 PM »
Quote from: williams on April 04, 2006, 04:21:44 PM

Having two peters? That would be steak sauce

An obscure "How I Met Your Mother" reference?  I'm simultaneously impressed and horrified.

First of all, let's be real friendly here, okay? My name is JD. Secondly, your days of bombarding this thread with "Your Mother" references instead of "Office" refrerences are over.

Leave the ball, will you, Slaky?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

berserker

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2006, 05:07:03 PM »
Quote from: JD on April 01, 2006, 07:19:04 PM
How bout Dwight and Angela talking about "cooking" and being "hungry" in the breakroom in front of Ryan...hilarious. 

"But what if I'm really hungry?"

I'm a little late on this one, but Ryan's 100-yard stare into the camera was outstanding.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2006, 11:33:52 AM »
Dwight: "I do not tip people for things I could do myself.  I do not tip a waiter, because I can bring myself food.  I do not tip cab drivers because I can drive myself around in a car.  I did tip my urologist though.  As I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones."

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2006, 11:20:57 AM »
Figure someone should acknowledge last night's episode.

I thought it was quality.  Painfully excrutiating quality, as has becomes the show's norm.  Poor Kevin getting the "Worst To Follow Out of Bathroom" award.  Pam, because she was drunk, saving Michael's ass where even his normal powers of denial couldn't hide the fact that he was fried.  I loved, too, how Michael not only didn't get the budget for employees approved for the "Dundys", but double-backed all the way to making everyone think their families could come, and thus pissing them off at Chili's when he told him nothing was comped.  Stanley's interaction with Michael after that was classic as well.

Stanley:  Michael, you said we could bring our wives.
Michael:  I did, Stanley.  And where is yours.
Stanley:  This woman right here, whose hand I'm holding.

Or something like that...

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2006, 11:40:54 AM »
Quote from: Huey on April 14, 2006, 11:20:57 AM
Figure someone should acknowledge last night's episode.

I thought it was quality.  Painfully excrutiating quality, as has becomes the show's norm.  Poor Kevin getting the "Worst To Follow Out of Bathroom" award.  Pam, because she was drunk, saving Michael's ass where even his normal powers of denial couldn't hide the fact that he was fried.  I loved, too, how Michael not only didn't get the budget for employees approved for the "Dundys", but double-backed all the way to making everyone think their families could come, and thus pissing them off at Chili's when he told him nothing was comped.  Stanley's interaction with Michael after that was classic as well.

Stanley:  Michael, you said we could bring our wives.
Michael:  I did, Stanley.  And where is yours.
Stanley:  This woman right here, whose hand I'm holding.

Or something like that...

Well...it was a rerun Huey.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2006, 11:50:01 AM »
Ummm, 

--slowly steps backward out of the room--

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2006, 12:05:47 PM »
well it was new to me. here's what I thought....it was funny.

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2006, 01:34:34 PM »
I had never seen it myself.  Made for some worthwhile viewing, especially since I had/have no clue as to what NBC is doing with the time slots (didn't it get bumped last week for that gawd-awful Teachers?  What a dog of a pilot that was).

Anyone else catch BJ Novak's commercial for one of those NBC The More You Know (wrong?) spots?  Don't ever record yourself having sex?

Don't ever record yourself having sex?  Discuss.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

Slaky311

• Resident Aardsmologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2006, 02:11:26 PM »
Quote from: SD on April 14, 2006, 01:34:34 PM
I had never seen it myself.  Made for some worthwhile viewing, especially since I had/have no clue as to what NBC is doing with the time slots (didn't it get bumped last week for that gawd-awful Teachers?  What a dog of a pilot that was).

Anyone else catch BJ Novak's commercial for one of those NBC The More You Know (wrong?) spots?  Don't ever record yourself having sex?

Don't ever record yourself having sex?  Discuss.

I disagree, its great material for when you break up. Just dont DISTRIBUTE it. Or tell anyone. Or forget about it and then get a new computer and throw it away.

berserker

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2006, 02:13:12 PM »
Quote from: berserker on April 02, 2006, 12:01:51 AM

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the PSAs the cast did. Here they all are:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/sub_122.shtml#main

Pure genius.

All the PSAs are here. They're really great, esp. the ones with Dwight.

cubbiebluestew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »
I have to dissent.  For me the Office, while capable of some quirky gems, is mostly a one-trick pony.  I get it that he is a self-deluding putz and that no one respects him.  What else can you tell me?  It is on opposite CSI (the good one with William Peterson, not the one with "pain in the butt Caruso")  so much of the audience that "Earl" might have in the first half of the hour is drawn away by people who choose to watch CSI. 
Life is too short to be a Cub fan

berserker

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2006, 05:55:27 PM »
Quote from: cubbiebluestew on April 14, 2006, 05:08:54 PM
I have to dissent.  For me the Office, while capable of some quirky gems, is mostly a one-trick pony.  I get it that he is a self-deluding putz and that no one respects him.  What else can you tell me?  It is on opposite CSI (the good one with William Peterson, not the one with "pain in the butt Caruso")  so much of the audience that "Earl" might have in the first half of the hour is drawn away by people who choose to watch CSI. 

Actually, the show has gotten better as the other cast members' personas have been developed. It is a pony with many tricks.

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2006, 06:28:55 PM »
I have to dissent.  For me the Office, while capable of some quirky gems, is mostly a one-trick pony.

Just for clarifcation, would a one-trick pony also be a poster who repeatedly pretends to ramble like Abe Simpson?

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2006, 07:01:13 PM »
Quote from: TG on April 14, 2006, 06:28:55 PM
I have to dissent.  For me the Office, while capable of some quirky gems, is mostly a one-trick pony.

Just for clarifcation, would a one-trick pony also be a poster who repeatedly pretends to ramble like Abe Simpson?

Stew also provides us with a useful weekly movie review, as well as numerous anecdotes from his formative years as a Chinese railroad worker in the old west.

So sit on it, Potsie.
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

berserker

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2006, 07:04:02 PM »

Anyone has a problem with Stew has a problem with me, capiche?