News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,348 )

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2006, 10:33:07 AM »
Quote from: Bad Kermit on October 06, 2006, 10:29:35 AM
Quote from: BananaHands on October 06, 2006, 09:15:16 AM
Quote from: SD on October 05, 2006, 09:19:21 PM
I missed the whole damn hour while I was out to dinner.  Who knew?  Somebody has to help me catch up, stat!  What's that you say?  Video games were involved?  Help me now, please!!!

Everyone in Jim's new office plays a war game during the day.. i forgot which game it was, it involved killing and teams. Yeah, the girl behind Jim is a solid 4.5 on the Banana scale.. 0-10 with 4.5 being the highest.

Call of Duty is the game.  I loved that girl when she was on Boston Public.  Yes, I watched Boston Public.

So did I. But I was, like, young. And stuff.

But I agree, she's hot. Pam is still Pam and all but she's emotionally barren.

forkserker

« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2006, 10:33:28 AM »

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2006, 11:52:33 AM »
Quote from: SD on October 05, 2006, 09:19:21 PM
I missed the whole damn hour while I was out to dinner.  Who knew?  Somebody has to help me catch up, stat!  What's that you say?  Video games were involved?  Help me now, please!!!

It had a real The Wizard meets Varsity Blues vibe to it.  Here's a brief synopsis:

Jim and Ed Helms go on the road to the road to the West Coast Video Game Championships cuz they found out that Ed Helms has a real natural talent for Call of Duty.  Rashida Jones goes along for the ride cuz her car gets the best gas mileage and she wants to see the Mississippi River before Ed Helms dies(we find out that he has an incurable type of brain cancer that also, possibly, is the reason for his newfound video game abilities).  The Jim/whatshername romance is set up by this exchange...

that one chick: [Jim tries to kiss whatshername but gets shoved down] I know what you were trying to do and you can just forget it. There is no way. I am not kissing a boy.
Jim: A girl maybe?
that one chick: You smart ass!
[Grabs Jim and kisses him]

Meanwhile, in Scranton, Michael is tryin' to sell Dwight on the idea of taking over for him when he decides to try his luck in California.  Dwight resists.  The love of Angela has made him content to serve out the rest of his days as a salesman and her gentleman caller.  There are tears and arguments and a couple punches thrown.  Then, Michael and Dwight are lying on the floor of Michael's office, bloody and beaten.  Michael has to leave for California in 15 minutes.  It's zero hour, 9 A.M.  They finally decide to really talk.  Maybe for the first time...

Michael:  Dwight, we need to talk about this position. 
Dwight:  I'm NOT doing it, Michael.
Michael:  That's what she said.  Er, uh...Regional Manager of Dunder-Miflin Scranton branch is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Dwight:  For YOU.  Regional Manager of Dunder-Miflin Scranton branch was the opportunity of a lifetime for YOU.  But, I...don't want...your life.

Then, Michael finally understands and they hug it out.  Michael leaves the office.  Never to return.  Or IS he?
He goes to California and runs into Jim, Ed Helms, and Rashida Jones.  He realizes that these are the people he needs to be around to be happy.  But, Michael needs to talk it out with Ed Helms first.  They take a ride together.  Ed Helms is gonna tell Michael about the brain tumor, but, before he can, they get in an accident.  When they wake up, they're in some sort of backroom with a guy in cop uniform and a bearded dude.  It doesn't look good.  But we're out of time for this week.  It goes to a musical montage to finish the show.  Pam's crying on Phylis's shoulder. She loved MICHAEL, and she just realized it.  Jim and Rashida Jones go to second base.  Pam who?  Roy finds solace in the arms of Kevin.  It seems that he IS like a big teddy bear.  And Dwight enters a private investigator's office.

Dwight:  I hear your the sort of person that can find people.
Veronica Mars:  First, we need to discuss my fee.

As you can tell, you missed a lot, SD.  I'm looking forward to the mystery of aspect of the show.

Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2006, 12:23:49 PM »
I think I need to rewatch yesterday's episode.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »
You just blew my mind with that. Next week, I too, am going to drop acid and watch.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2006, 01:43:52 PM »
http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/

that's the deleted scenes of this week.  I can't believe they cut Creed's stuff.  He LIVES under his desk!

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2006, 12:53:08 PM »
Am I the only one that wants pam to get together with her ex so that jim can stick with the new hot girl?

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2006, 12:57:51 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on October 13, 2006, 12:53:08 PM
Am I the only one that wants pam to get together with her ex so that jim can stick with the new hot girl?

You certainly are not.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2006, 01:22:59 PM »
You can't get a disease from a bird.

The guys that sits in front of Jim and Dwight REALLY need to get together.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on October 13, 2006, 12:53:08 PM

That would also help prolong the series, honestly.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »
The idea of having a robot made with light up eyes to commemorate someone's passing is fantastic...

theoneandonlyjim

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2006, 02:30:07 PM »
Was this something people instantly enjoyed or does it take time?  I've tried watching a couple times (I wanted to hang out with the cool kids) and got kind of bored.  I'm willing to give it another shot if that's what it takes, but it may just not be for me.
Too many late nights raising hell worked a little all too well...

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on October 13, 2006, 02:30:07 PM
Was this something people instantly enjoyed or does it take time?  I've tried watching a couple times (I wanted to hang out with the cool kids) and got kind of bored.  I'm willing to give it another shot if that's what it takes, but it may just not be for me.

The anwer lies within.

Bad Kermit

« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2006, 02:55:48 PM »
Quote from: theoneandonlyjim on October 13, 2006, 02:30:07 PM

Some of it is self-referential, so that may be hurting your enjoyment of it.  It's sort of like Seinfeld used to be, where there were inside jokes that rewarded you if you were part of "the club."  I'd give it some more time, if I were you.

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2006, 08:44:43 AM »
Jim and Pam talked!  OMG!  Soooo cute.

Right?  Anyone?