News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,386 )

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #450 on: February 08, 2007, 09:33:31 PM »
Quote from: CPT on February 08, 2007, 08:59:49 PM
Quote from: Old Style Man on February 08, 2007, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: CPT on February 08, 2007, 08:43:22 PM
f@#$, I forgot it was Thursday.  Good episode?

Yeah, it was awesome. I thought Scrantonicity only played Police songs?

Scrantonicity was on?!?  f@#$ f@#$ f@#$ f@#$.

I would have liked to have seen that.

Just go to that questionable site that SD hooked us up with it.  It'll prolly be up tomorrow.  I know that's what I'm doing since I didn't get home until 7:45.  I'm curious to find out how Toby got such a hot date for the wedding.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: February 08, 2007, 09:51:15 PM »
Quote from: Huey on February 08, 2007, 09:33:31 PM
Quote from: CPT on February 08, 2007, 08:59:49 PM
Quote from: Old Style Man on February 08, 2007, 08:57:20 PM
Quote from: CPT on February 08, 2007, 08:43:22 PM
f@#$, I forgot it was Thursday.  Good episode?

Yeah, it was awesome. I thought Scrantonicity only played Police songs?

Scrantonicity was on?!?  f@#$ f@#$ f@#$ f@#$.

I would have liked to have seen that.

Just go to that questionable site that SD hooked us up with it.  It'll prolly be up tomorrow.  I know that's what I'm doing since I didn't get home until 7:45.  I'm curious to find out how Toby got such a hot date for the wedding.

You can also go to:

http://www.dunderball.com/
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: February 09, 2007, 08:36:40 AM »
I almost spit out my beer when Ryan knocked the flowers out of the air so his girl couldn't catch them...

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: February 09, 2007, 10:32:15 AM »
Quote from: BananaHands on February 09, 2007, 08:36:40 AM
I almost spit out my beer when Ryan knocked the flowers out of the air so his girl couldn't catch them...

Man, I didn't even see that! That's brilliant.

This is...(sniff) a white.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: February 09, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »
That is pungent.

Yeah, I liked the fart joke the best.  Big surprise...
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: February 09, 2007, 01:09:37 PM »
Photographer:  "Alright how 'bout we try just the Bride and Groom on this one.  Wait, MOm and Dad can stay.  And the sisters, and you and you and you."

Micheal left out of the photo.

I think the Michael's uncomfortable humor thing is getting too outlandish.  Tone it down.  Subtle is better.  My Opinion.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: February 09, 2007, 01:15:36 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on February 09, 2007, 01:09:37 PM

I think the Michael's uncomfortable humor thing is getting too outlandish.  Tone it down.  Subtle is better.  My Opinion.

I agree. It's a funnier show when he's a member of the cast rather than the focus. They seem to be going for a more David Brent/cringe factor at times, and it doesn't work as well here.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: February 09, 2007, 01:18:02 PM »
Photographer:  "Alright how 'bout we try just the Bride and Groom on this one.  Wait, MOm and Dad can stay.  And the sisters, and you and you and you."

Micheal left out of the photo.

Completely agree. I don't laugh at michael as much as the secondary characters, like creed taking the card off one of the presents, then replacing it with his card..  did we already know stanley was dating a white girl?

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: February 09, 2007, 01:29:53 PM »
I liked him jumping up and down in the window, trying to see what was going on.

And then, of course, the multiple openings to his toast.  "I am Michael Scott, and for the next 40 minutes, I will be telling you ..."

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: February 09, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on February 09, 2007, 01:15:36 PM

I agree. It's a funnier show when he's a member of the cast rather than the focus. They seem to be going for a more David Brent/cringe factor at times, and it doesn't work as well here.

He's not funny period. The whole character is over the top and whereas Brent would say something stupid and try to correct it and end up only making it worse. The Michael Scott character is just obnoxious. And they have to beat every joke to death. It's getting to the point with almost each joke they have to make a face into the camera just to make sure we get the joke. The show has turned into a typical sitcom minus a laugh track and it's bordering on a soap opera with all of the drama and office romances they've got going on.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on February 09, 2007, 01:33:05 PM

He's not funny period. The whole character is over the top and whereas Brent would say something stupid and try to correct it and end up only making it worse. The Michael Scott character is just obnoxious. And they have to beat every joke to death. It's getting to the point with almost each joke they have to make a face into the camera just to make sure we get the joke. The show has turned into a typical sitcom minus a laugh track and it's bordering on a soap opera with all of the drama and office romances they've got going on.

So, you like it?

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
Quote from: AC on February 09, 2007, 01:48:53 PM

So, you like it?

Of course not.  He's just forced to watch it every week, apparently.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2007, 02:04:46 PM »
That's my only gripe about the show as well.  The dude is a boob.  Why would anyone invite him anywhere?  Why would anyone want to work for him? 

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2007, 02:26:18 PM »
Quote from: EG on February 09, 2007, 01:49:49 PM
Quote from: AC on February 09, 2007, 01:48:53 PM

So, you like it?

Of course not.  He's just forced to watch it every week, apparently.

Last season was good. The characters, situations and humor worked. This season they've been forcing the humor way too much. It's supposed to be a reality show. It's lost that element. I'm hoping that it returns to form, but as the season progresses it moves more towards the soap opera and sitcom. It hasn't jumped the shark yet, but Fonzie is putting on the water skis.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: February 10, 2007, 12:30:17 PM »
"The CELTICS were a great team."

Yah mo B there!