News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,443 )

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #465 on: February 11, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »
That's what I was preaching from the get-go.  Brent is a lot more realistic than Scott, which I think makes him more sympathetic (and funnier).  I've really come to love the American version, and I think the secondary characters are better than the BBC version, but Brent >>>>>>>>>>>> Scott.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #466 on: February 11, 2007, 08:36:04 PM »
Michael is way over the top...the wedding episode was the worst yet. In the past whenever Michael would do something totally ridiculous, or when he was so pathetic that it went beyond funny to sad, they had him do something redeeming. Something that made him seem likable or competent. It seem like they have forgotten about that, and I wish they would tone it down a little, but I still think it is the funniest show on TV.

I've only seen a few episodes of the original Office, but I love Extras. I need to check it out.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: February 11, 2007, 09:19:24 PM »
Quote from: butthead on February 11, 2007, 08:36:04 PM
Michael is way over the top...the wedding episode was the worst yet. In the past whenever Michael would do something totally ridiculous, or when he was so pathetic that it went beyond funny to sad, they had him do something redeeming. Something that made him seem likable or competent. It seem like they have forgotten about that, and I wish they would tone it down a little, but I still think it is the funniest show on TV.

I've only seen a few episodes of the original Office, but I love Extras. I need to check it out.

You could get through the entire series in a weekend easily.  And it would be worth every minute.  J-Kerm and I have the first season of Extras sitting right here, and I'm trying to talk her out of watching the Grammys in favor of it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #468 on: February 11, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on February 11, 2007, 09:19:24 PM
Quote from: butthead on February 11, 2007, 08:36:04 PM

You could get through the entire series in a weekend easily.  And it would be worth every minute.  J-Kerm and I have the first season of Extras sitting right here, and I'm trying to talk her out of watching the Grammys in favor of it.

From what I've seen of the original Office, meaning the first three or four episodes,the storylines are about the same. I assume after awhile the American version went a different direction?

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: February 12, 2007, 08:05:40 AM »
You assume correctly.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

forkserker

« Reply #470 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:57 AM »
Quote from: James Westfall on February 09, 2007, 02:04:46 PM
That's my only gripe about the show as well.  The dude is a boob.  Why would anyone invite him anywhere?   Why would anyone want to work for him? 

Phyllis got 6 weeks off for her honeymoon.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: February 12, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »
Quote from: forkserker on February 12, 2007, 09:04:57 AM
Quote from: James Westfall on February 09, 2007, 02:04:46 PM
That's my only gripe about the show as well.  The dude is a boob.  Why would anyone invite him anywhere?   Why would anyone want to work for him? 

Phyllis got 6 weeks off for her honeymoon.

No one's ever gotten 6 weeks off before.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: February 12, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »
If you make him a part of the wedding knowing what a boob he is, you deserve to have your wedding ruined, regardless of the vacation time.

Anyway...IS it me or are they making Pam's ex more likable now? 

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: February 12, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »
Quote from: James Westfall on February 12, 2007, 09:33:32 AM
If you make him a part of the wedding knowing what a boob he is, you deserve to have your wedding ruined, regardless of the vacation time.

Anyway...IS it me or are they making Pam's ex more likable now? 

They're definitely trying.  Don't buy into it though, JW.  He's just trying to get you to like him again, and then he'll break your heart.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: February 12, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
Roy is still a moron...he's just laying on the aw shucks charm because he's desperate to get Pam back. If they end up getting back together, I imagine he'd go back to Old Roy pretty quickly.

forkserker

« Reply #475 on: February 12, 2007, 09:38:04 AM »
Quote from: AC on February 12, 2007, 09:36:09 AM
Roy is still a moron...he's just laying on the aw shucks charm because he's desperate to get Pam back. If they end up getting back together, I imagine he'd go back to Old Roy pretty quickly.

I was wondering if they're gonna do something wierd with Roy, after he didn't want to watch the stipper, saying he liked "Pam's art" more. Maybe he's teh ghey?

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: February 12, 2007, 09:38:44 AM »
Guh. I'm so sick of soap operas.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: February 12, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
Quote from: forkserker on February 12, 2007, 09:38:04 AM
Quote from: AC on February 12, 2007, 09:36:09 AM

I was wondering if they're gonna do something wierd with Roy, after he didn't want to watch the stipper, saying he liked "Pam's art" more. Maybe he's teh ghey?

He did play a "ghey" in Out Cold.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: February 12, 2007, 12:21:50 PM »
The criticism about Michael being too over-the-top is valid, but this week’s episode was a rather extreme example of it, so I wouldn’t break out the shark fins just yet.  And even still, this episode had plenty of moments where I was laughing out loud.

Dwight:  You look as pretty as the Queen of England.

Michael.  “Let them eat cake”.  Margaret Thatcher said that.  She was one smart broad.

Meredith:  You know you’re not supposed to wear white to a wedding?
Kelly:  I know.  But it was an emergency (she later reveals the “emergency” to be that she “looks fantastic in white”).

Kevin giggling like a schoolgirl in the church pew after not believing how Toby found his hot date.  For that matter, Tobyâ€"usually an extremely drab characterâ€"showing some emotion and giving himself a shout-out.

I even liked the “Celtics were a great team” line that KD mentioned.  What was even funnier, to me, was that Michael Mentioned Robert Parrish.  That’s an odd little nuance, no?  For one thing, the dementia-riddled uncle was probably referring to the late 60’s Celtics of Bill Russell and Hondo Havlicek, but the fact that Michael thought of Chief before Bird and McHale was pretty funny, IMO.

Yeah Michael can make the show really painful and overbearing, but I wouldn’t ditch it.  There are still plenty of laughs to be had.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »
JIM:  What are you doing?

DWIGHT:  I don't know.  All of a sudden my mouth tastes really bad.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07