News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,299 )

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2007, 10:20:04 PM »
Quote from: AC on February 22, 2007, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: JD, Too on February 22, 2007, 08:49:30 PM
I'd like a warning from NBC when they're going to turn the last half of The Office into Grey's Anatomy. 

Dwight was funny.  The potato salad was funny.  I thought Karen's joke on Jim was funny.

Roy's reaction was intense.  I wouldn't wanna be Jim Halpert right about next week. 
Wasn't sure if that was supposed to funny...scared the piss out of me.

I know.  So now we've got that drama to look forward to next week.

"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2007, 07:02:02 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on February 22, 2007, 10:20:04 PM
Quote from: AC on February 22, 2007, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: JD, Too on February 22, 2007, 08:49:30 PM
I'd like a warning from NBC when they're going to turn the last half of The Office into Grey's Anatomy. 

Dwight was funny.  The potato salad was funny.  I thought Karen's joke on Jim was funny.

Roy's reaction was intense.  I wouldn't wanna be Jim Halpert right about next week. 
Wasn't sure if that was supposed to funny...scared the piss out of me.

I know.  So now we've got that drama to look forward to next week.

I don't like this at all.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #497 on: February 23, 2007, 08:02:39 AM »
I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's opinion on last night...I'm thinking Taylor, for one, is going to be pissed off.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2007, 08:08:05 AM »
Quote from: AC on February 23, 2007, 08:02:39 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing everyone else's opinion on last night...I'm thinking Taylor, for one, is going to be pissed off.

For the most part I liked it. Some good lines,

"I'll just collapse like a dying star."

Creed and Toby

I am not a fan of introducing drama into a comedy, so I don't like where Roy/Jim/Pam is going. Although, I could be surprised.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2007, 08:16:16 AM »
Yeah, I was disappointed after the Pam/Roy thing, but, after thinking about it, realized there were still definitely a few funny moments.

"Good thing you didn't listen to me."

"Yeah, that was a close one..."

30 Rock blew it out of the water last night in the comedy department, though.  The Office came up second in Best Drama after Scubs.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #500 on: February 23, 2007, 08:19:11 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on February 23, 2007, 08:16:16 AM
Yeah, I was disappointed after the Pam/Roy thing, but, after thinking about it, realized there were still definitely a few funny moments.

30 Rock blew it out of the water last night in the comedy department, though.  The Office came up second in Best Drama after Scubs.

We just started watching 30 Rock a few weeks ago, with the Paul Reubens prince episode. Excellent show. Alec Baldwin's character is great and the rest of the cast is pretty strong in my opinion.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2007, 08:22:09 AM »
I kept laughing at Dwight. That was the whole show to me. Usually is anymore. Most of this doesn't make sense and that's what's supposed to be so funny. I feel bad because I don't think it is. Michael rolling around on the floor in a straight jacket? Good sight gag but not hilarious. Calling himself Michael the Magic was though.

All in all I'd say,

Dwight: Teh ablls.
Episode: Not teh ablls.

I did watch Slap Shot on HBO right afterward and it was funny. Not a wasted effort on the couch. Go me.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2007, 08:44:09 AM »
Quote from: JS on February 23, 2007, 08:19:11 AM

We just started watching 30 Rock a few weeks ago, with the Paul Reubens prince episode. Excellent show. Alec Baldwin's character is great and the rest of the cast is pretty strong in my opinion.

You've got to post your thoughts in the Studio 60 thread. I haven't watched last night's yet but it's a nice little leftover for the weekend.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2007, 08:47:26 AM »
Quote from: AC on February 23, 2007, 08:44:09 AM

You've got to post your thoughts in the Studio 60 thread. I haven't watched last night's yet but it's a nice little leftover for the weekend.

Done

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »
Quote from: AC on February 23, 2007, 08:02:39 AM

cough:::soap opera:::cough

The straight jacket bit? Next episode they should have Michael pull up to house to meet a teenage girl he met on line and he gets busted. That would be funny. Wouldn't it? Just random out of character bits that the writers think would be funny.

The secondary characters are still funny, but the Toby/Pam/Roy/Jim/Karen thing is taking over the show. Especially with last night's "dramatic" ending. It was one thing when (UK version) Lee shoved Tim when he was dancing with Dawn. He saw Tim with his finance and reacted. But this is turning into so much DRAMA and it's pretty thin at that.

I'm not pissed off. It's TV show so I don't give a toss. Earl is still good. Randy's comment about missing the beginning of Cannonball II cracked me up.
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »

You're gonna love the harmonizing.

James Westfall

• Sex Panther from Odeon
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »
Quote from: JD, Too on February 23, 2007, 08:49:40 AM

You're gonna love the e-harmonizing.

Dr. Phil'd.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2007, 09:46:38 AM »
One big thing: did Karen say she was the only one left from the merger? Where the F is Andy?

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
Karen mentioned that Andy is in anger management.

Old Style Man

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2007, 10:54:26 AM »
Andy is in anger management. I didn't hear Karen say it, but the director's cut from the episode where Andy went ballistic because he couldn't find his phone showed him going at the end. He was trying to convince himself that he's still on the path to upper management, because, after all, anger management is still management.

I liked last night episode. Jan's a fucking freaky psycho bitch, but she was great. So many uncomfortable moments. I didn't see Roy's outburst coming at all. I'm not sure I like where this is going. A little too 90210 for me. We won't find out for about 6 weeks, as the Office will be on hiatus until then. Damn.