News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,310 )

Fork_The_Third

Re: The Office
« Reply #600 on: April 27, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

Lord, beer me strength.

Neifilicious

« Reply #601 on: April 27, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on April 26, 2007, 07:41:08 PM
Fact:  Bears eat beets. 

Bears.  Beets.  Battlestar Galactica.

That was possibly the funniest scene from the Office, evar.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: April 28, 2007, 01:04:29 AM »
Quote from: I am David Carr's Smirking Revenge on April 27, 2007, 01:36:46 PM
Quote from: JD, Too on April 26, 2007, 07:41:08 PM
Fact:  Bears eat beets. 

Bears.  Beets.  Battlestar Galactica.

That was possibly the funniest scene from the Office, evar.

I went back and re-watched it four times before actually watching the rest of the episode.

Yah mo B there!

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #603 on: April 28, 2007, 09:26:46 AM »
Nobody's mentioned Dwight's Jim impression at the end. Spot on.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: April 28, 2007, 09:05:41 PM »
Quote from: butthead on April 28, 2007, 09:26:46 AM
Nobody's mentioned Dwight's Jim impression at the end. Spot on.

I loved how after Dwight asked Karen if she wanted to have "sexual intercourse," Jim turned to her and said, "Do you?"  Great stuff.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: April 28, 2007, 10:16:38 PM »
So I just bought the entire set of Teh Office BBC version. Almost done with Season One. I like.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: May 01, 2007, 03:48:35 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 28, 2007, 10:16:38 PM
So I just bought the entire set of Teh Office BBC version. Almost done with Season One. I like.

David Brent is one of my favorite TV characters of all time (Gob and Buster Bluth being right up there with him).  My only complaint about the BBC version is that there are times when I have to rewind 5 or 6 times to figure out what they hell they're saying.  Generally, it's totally worth it.

One thing the American version has on the BBC version is the secondary characters.  Creed, Kevin, Brian, Kelly, and Darrell are all outstanding.  The BBC version didn't really flesh out their secondary characters too much.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: May 01, 2007, 04:46:40 PM »
I'm disappointed n you all.  This is a Cubs dominated board and not one of you mention "escape goat". 

For shame.

Augie-O

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: May 01, 2007, 05:36:18 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on May 01, 2007, 03:48:35 PM
My only complaint about the BBC version is that there are times when I have to rewind 5 or 6 times to figure out what they hell they're saying.  Generally, it's totally worth it.=

Just have Tonks translate.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: May 02, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »
I'm pretty good at picking up what's said through the accent. Years of spot on imitations of Monty Python have trained my ear. Maybe. Either way it's my own God damn language. What's so f@#$in' hard? My girlfriend needs to have the subtitles on to understand a word of it.

I agree David Brent's the balls and none of the other characters, save for Gareth and occaisionally Tim with the facial expressions are very amusing. I like both shows. I like Extras better though because I can't look at Stephen Merchant without cracking up. Gervais and Larry David are two funniest blokes on television right now. No contest.

"Is it a black man's cock?"
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: May 02, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 02, 2007, 01:18:37 PM
I'm pretty good at picking up what's said through the accent. Years of spot on imitations of Monty Python have trained my ear. Maybe. Either way it's my own God damn language. What's so f@#$in' hard? My girlfriend needs to have the subtitles on to understand a word of it.

I agree David Brent's the balls and none of the other characters, save for Gareth and occaisionally Tim with the facial expressions are very amusing. I like both shows. I like Extras better though because I can't look at Stephen Merchant without cracking up. Gervais and Larry David are two funniest blokes on television right now. No contest.

"Is it a black man's cock?"

I agree.  He's like a human version of Big Bird.  Although Big Bird's writing left something to be desired.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: May 03, 2007, 01:40:38 AM »

David Brent is one of my favorite TV characters of all time (Gob and Buster Bluth being right up there with him).  My only complaint about the BBC version is that there are times when I have to rewind 5 or 6 times to figure out what they hell they're saying.  Generally, it's totally worth it.

One thing the American version has on the BBC version is the secondary characters.  Creed, Kevin, Brian, Kelly, and Darrell are all outstanding.  The BBC version didn't really flesh out their secondary characters too much.

Keith and his scotch eggs get me every time, but spot on.

Yah mo B there!

Kermit

• Desipio Party Planner
  • Administrator
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: May 03, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
Quote from: KD on May 03, 2007, 01:40:38 AM

Is THAT what those are?  I thought he was eating a sponge.
Hire Jim Essian!

Validated JD 08/10/07

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: May 03, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »
Quote from: Kermit on May 03, 2007, 03:01:43 PM

Same difference really
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: May 03, 2007, 05:01:02 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 03, 2007, 04:07:03 PM
Quote from: Kermit on May 03, 2007, 03:01:43 PM

Same difference really

How dare you!

Yah mo B there!