News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: New Music & Stuff I Recently Acquired  ( 163,431 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: New Music & Stuff I Recently Acquired
« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 10:37:27 AM
Quote from: BH on April 26, 2011, 10:20:37 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 26, 2011, 10:19:03 AM
I was just randomly checking out some of the bands that will be at Lolla this year that I'm sure all of you hip cats already have heard of and have totally torrented and iPhoned their music onto your Zunes, but this chick is really hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlhOgQ36m8

This year's headliners are a bit disappointing for the 20th anniversary. Big Audio Dynamite? Sweet.

I'm getting over the fagatronics of some of the bands. I can definitely make the most of my weekend though.

still, I don't get what Lollapalooza has against heavy bands. (read: not bands with lots of fat people in them)

How about fat men in sweatpants, like Tad?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:50 PM »
Quote from: BH on April 26, 2011, 07:52:25 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2011, 10:37:27 AM
Quote from: BH on April 26, 2011, 10:20:37 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 26, 2011, 10:19:03 AM
I was just randomly checking out some of the bands that will be at Lolla this year that I'm sure all of you hip cats already have heard of and have totally torrented and iPhoned their music onto your Zunes, but this chick is really hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlhOgQ36m8

This year's headliners are a bit disappointing for the 20th anniversary. Big Audio Dynamite? Sweet.

I'm getting over the fagatronics of some of the bands. I can definitely make the most of my weekend though.

still, I don't get what Lollapalooza has against heavy bands. (read: not bands with lots of fat people in them)

How about fat men in sweatpants, like Tad?

Fat men in sweatpants playing sludgy '70s-vintage hard rock?

That's, like, all things "heavy."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »
Turns out this fella named Kurt Vile is pretty goddamn good.

http://grooveshark.com/s/He+s+Alright/3oR7qA?src=5

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »
Why didn't anyone tell me I would one day actually unironically like Lounge/Exotica? I would have actually bought Esquivel and Les Baxter albums during the 90s revival.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: May 03, 2011, 04:04:29 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 03, 2011, 04:03:41 PM
Why didn't anyone tell me I would one day actually unironically like Lounge/Exotica? I would have actually bought Esquivel and Les Baxter albums during the 90s revival.

I tried but you didn't listen.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: May 03, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 03, 2011, 04:04:29 PM
Quote from: Bort on May 03, 2011, 04:03:41 PM

I tried but you didn't listen.

It was probably all that Anarcho-Punk.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2011, 02:14:32 PM »
The new Bon Iver record leaked. It's self-titled. The last song sounds like it's straight out of 1986.

It's great.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: May 20, 2011, 07:57:42 AM »

why the fuck does LA Fitness still insist on playing Fatboy Slim?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: May 20, 2011, 08:43:40 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 19, 2011, 02:14:32 PM
The new Bon Iver record leaked. It's self-titled. The last song sounds like it's straight out of 1986.

It's great.

Love this guy. Have you checked out the free solo recordings he did on daytrotter.com? Superb.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: May 20, 2011, 09:28:58 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 19, 2011, 02:14:32 PM

It's great.

Thanks for the heads up, Slak. BH is correct about the daytrotter recordings, and there's a lot of great stuff there beyond the Bon Iver session. He also put out some recordings exclusive to Myspace which I found on my local torrent site as "The Myspace Transmissions" that are quite excellent.

And then I'll just posting this here since nobody looks in the YouTube Finds thread: Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago - A Take Away Show

And then open up the page of La Blogotheque for more goodness. I spent the better part of a weekend going through their takeaway show videos a while back.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2011, 12:00:38 PM »
So I saw "Art Brut" in Amsterdam last night.  They were not quite what I was expecting, but they were fine.  They were a little pretentious, actually, if I'm honest.  The band that supported them - Buster Shuffle - were outstanding, though: if you drew a Venn diagram with Madness, The Streets and Chas & Dave as the three sets, these boys would be at the intersection.  The lead singer/keyboard player is an absolute fucking star.

Mind you, I was slightly baked so I might have imagined the whole thing.

Also, I fell in love wth Freddy Feedback (the Art Brut bassist) a little bit.  She's really not attractive at all in the conventional sense, but she has the most fantastic smile.  Funny, I thought it was just me that noticed, but it wasn't - two other lads were talking about it as we left the (tiny) venue and there are several references to it on the internet.  I could have watched her all night.

EDIT : Chas & Fave?  Duh.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 23, 2011, 12:00:38 PM
So I saw "Art Brut" in Amsterdam last night.  They were not quite what I was expecting, but they were fine.  They were a little pretentious, actually, if I'm honest.  The band that supported them - Buster Shuffle - were outstanding, though: if you drew a Venn diagram with Madness, The Streets and Chas & Dave as the three sets, these boys would be at the intersection.  The lead singer/keyboard player is an absolute fucking star.

Also, I fell in love wth Freddy Feedback (the Art Brut bassist) a little bit.  She's really not attractive at all in the conventional sense, but she has the most fantastic smile.  Funny, I thought it was just me that noticed, but it wasn't - two other lads were talking about it as we left the (tiny) venue and there are several references to it on the internet.  I could have watched her all night.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 23, 2011, 12:12:02 PM

Yeah, thanks, Oleg.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2011, 12:25:23 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 23, 2011, 12:20:18 PM

Yeah, thanks, Oleg.

It was probably the dope.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 23, 2011, 12:25:23 PM
Quote from: Tonker on May 23, 2011, 12:20:18 PM

Yeah, thanks, Oleg.

It was probably the dope.

That, and the fact that she's German.  I have a thing for Germans.