News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: New Music & Stuff I Recently Acquired  ( 163,423 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: New Music & Stuff I Recently Acquired
« Reply #375 on: June 28, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
Awesome

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: July 18, 2011, 09:16:04 AM »
Yesterday I learned the minimum number of beers I need to think of Mumford and Sons as anything but background music.

Five. The answer is five.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »
Quote from: Bort on July 18, 2011, 09:16:04 AM
Yesterday I learned the minimum number of beers I need to think of Mumford and Sons as anything but background music.

So five beers is what it took for you to actively hate them?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: July 18, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 18, 2011, 09:22:31 AM
Quote from: Bort on July 18, 2011, 09:16:04 AM

So five beers is what it took for you to actively hate them?

ZING!

Five beers is when I noticed them at all.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2011, 09:51:17 AM »
Are you sure five isn't actually the number of fans a group gets when you starting hating them for being popular?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on July 18, 2011, 09:51:17 AM
Are you sure five isn't actually the number of fans a group gets when you starting hating them for being popular?

I assumed it was the age when you graduate a "prospect" to a "girlfriend."

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »

I was at a concert with thousands of people on Saturday so your logic is poo.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 18, 2011, 11:43:22 AM

How was soundgarden? I've heard sound at the UIC sucks.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 18, 2011, 11:45:16 AM

The sound for Mars Volta wasn't great at all. In fact it was really bad. I think they would have been fantastic had the sound been good.

Soundgarden sounded fantastic. Though they were so goddamn loud my ears were ringing for 24 hours. In fact I think they're still a little fucked up. But it was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. Cameron is a completely different drummer than he is with Pearl Jam and I mean that as the highest praise. Cornell hasn't lost a single thing in his voice and Thayil just rules. They played 23 songs and were heavy as hell. Played almost all old stuff. Only three songs from their last album. Tons of pre-Superunknown stuff.

I didn't get to hear two songs I really wanted them to play (Hands All Over, Loud Love) but couldn't have been more impressed. They're also working on a new album and will return to the road to support it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 18, 2011, 03:29:18 PM

The sound for Mars Volta wasn't great at all. In fact it was really bad. I think they would have been fantastic had the sound been good.

Soundgarden sounded fantastic. Though they were so goddamn loud my ears were ringing for 24 hours. In fact I think they're still a little fucked up. But it was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. Cameron is a completely different drummer than he is with Pearl Jam and I mean that as the highest praise. Cornell hasn't lost a single thing in his voice and Thayil just rules. They played 23 songs and were heavy as hell. Played almost all old stuff. Only three songs from their last album. Tons of pre-Superunknown stuff.

I didn't get to hear two songs I really wanted them to play (Hands All Over, Loud Love) but couldn't have been more impressed. They're also working on a new album and will return to the road to support it.

They were one of my favorites, I lost interest after hearing Cornell's craptastic lyrics in Audioslave. He was always an incredible singer.
Hopefully he can find his songwriting days of yesteryear.  I'm still holding out for a Temple of the Dog reunion. Or for cornell and jerry cantrell to get together like they did on Sap. That was magic stuff.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 18, 2011, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 18, 2011, 03:29:18 PM

They were one of my favorites, I lost interest after hearing Cornell's craptastic lyrics in Audioslave. He was always an incredible singer.
Hopefully he can find his songwriting days of yesteryear.  I'm still holding out for a Temple of the Dog reunion. Or for cornell and jerry cantrell to get together like they did on Sap. That was magic stuff.

I saw AIC when they reformed and thought the new guy did a great job. They put out a really good album all things considered. I don't know if Soundgarden's new album will be good. If they continue in the trend before they split it would be pretty meh. If their live show is any indication though, they're probably going to go heavy which would be excellent.

If Pearl Jam, AIC and Soundgarden could do some kind of monster tour that would be incredible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but this seems like enough motivation for me to go out and buy this.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"