News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014 General NFL Thread  ( 28,032 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014 General NFL Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2014, 04:38:47 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 10, 2014, 03:49:54 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 10, 2014, 12:09:35 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 10, 2014, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 10, 2014, 10:54:46 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2014, 09:49:58 AM
Quote from: BH on November 10, 2014, 08:17:22 AM
Quote from: Bort on November 07, 2014, 04:47:52 PM
We used modern medicine. It was pretty sweet.

I know enough friends who have had emergency procedures needed that it's insane to me that anyone would want to have a baby anywhere other than 5 feet from the nearest doctor.

Yep. My nephew was born with a high fever and had to go on anti-biotics basically the second he was out of the womb and was in the NICU for weeks. Scared the living piss out of me. The midwife thing is fine with me as long as everything goes to plan, but I sure as hell wasn't going to sign off on a midwife that didn't operate out of a hospital with doctors available in case of an emergency.

... You've got no reason to worry, at least beyond the general terror that comes with impending fatherhood.
All four of my sons were born back in the day when fathers were not allowed in the delivery room.  It was a convenient cop-out for me, and I am not sorry that I wasn't present for the awe-inspiring drama. 

My dad always credited me for waiting until the completion of Boston Celtics basketball game--which he was watching on the waiting room TV-- until I arrived.

Also, I was not in the delivery room for my first born.  My wife had a scheduled c-section and they told me I couldn't go in.  I realized, after the fact, that this was so the hospital would not have their incompetence on full display.  They cut my daughter's head upon retrieval--so basically the first thing that happened to her post-natal was getting stitches-- and the anesthesiologist doped my wife up so badly that she was out for several hours.  I was actually the first person to feed the baby, which I did with a bottle.

Moral of the story--don't ever have your birth at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston.  You're better off having Eli's hippie Douala deliver your child on a dirt path in the forest.

I'm somewhat shocked that Meatball Doctor Huey didn't insist on being present to second guess every damn thing that went on in that operating room.

Actually MEATBALL EXPECTANT FATHER Huey felt it was appropriately old-school to be out in the waiting room, pacing the room like any old-school stereotypical expectant father while his woman was producing his offspring with all of her lady parts exposed etc. like back IN DA DAY WHEN MEN WERE MEN AND NOT SISSY LITTLE WANNABE NURSES.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 10, 2014, 04:38:47 PM

I know enough friends who have had emergency procedures needed that it's insane to me that anyone would want to have a baby anywhere other than 5 feet from the nearest doctor.

Yep. My nephew was born with a high fever and had to go on anti-biotics basically the second he was out of the womb and was in the NICU for weeks. Scared the living piss out of me. The midwife thing is fine with me as long as everything goes to plan, but I sure as hell wasn't going to sign off on a midwife that didn't operate out of a hospital with doctors available in case of an emergency.

... You've got no reason to worry, at least beyond the general terror that comes with impending fatherhood.
All four of my sons were born back in the day when fathers were not allowed in the delivery room.  It was a convenient cop-out for me, and I am not sorry that I wasn't present for the awe-inspiring drama. 

My dad always credited me for waiting until the completion of Boston Celtics basketball game--which he was watching on the waiting room TV-- until I arrived.

Also, I was not in the delivery room for my first born.  My wife had a scheduled c-section and they told me I couldn't go in.  I realized, after the fact, that this was so the hospital would not have their incompetence on full display.  They cut my daughter's head upon retrieval--so basically the first thing that happened to her post-natal was getting stitches-- and the anesthesiologist doped my wife up so badly that she was out for several hours.  I was actually the first person to feed the baby, which I did with a bottle.

Moral of the story--don't ever have your birth at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston.  You're better off having Eli's hippie Douala deliver your child on a dirt path in the forest.

I'm somewhat shocked that Meatball Doctor Huey didn't insist on being present to second guess every damn thing that went on in that operating room.

Actually MEATBALL EXPECTANT FATHER Huey felt it was appropriately old-school to be out in the waiting room, pacing the room like any old-school stereotypical expectant father while his woman was producing his offspring with all of her lady parts exposed etc. like back IN DA DAY WHEN MEN WERE MEN AND NOT SISSY LITTLE WANNABE NURSES.

Then he handed out White Owls to everyone once she was born.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 10, 2014, 04:38:47 PM

This answer is acceptable to me.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2014, 10:57:30 PM »

Yeah. Turns out Ali's birth canal was too narrow for even a 7 pound baby, so in the days before surgery she'd have probably died in childbirth. Hooray for doctors.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2014, 01:20:47 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 10, 2014, 10:57:30 PM

Yeah. Turns out Ali's birth canal was too narrow for even a 7 pound baby, so in the days before surgery she'd have probably died in childbirth. Hooray for doctors.
Back in the day she wouldn't have had a 7 pound baby. Hooray for modern medicine, sure. But also modern nutrition is letting women give birth to watermelons.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2014, 06:39:42 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 11, 2014, 01:20:47 AM

Back in the day she wouldn't have had a 7 pound baby. Hooray for modern medicine, sure. But also modern nutrition is letting women give birth to watermelons.

What the fuck are you talking about?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2014, 07:01:24 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 11, 2014, 06:39:42 AM

Chuck gonna Chuck.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 11, 2014, 07:01:24 AM

Chuck gonna Chuck.

I see what Chuck is saying, but the relatively enormous human head (compared to other animals) is what accounts for the most of the, uh, stretching of the birth canal. The head on a 10-pound baby isn't significantly larger than that of a 5-pound baby, so I don't think birth weight has much to do with anything.

Side note: This conversation has inspired me to quit my marketing job here at the hospital and become a male midwife instead.

Side note 2: This is in my top 5 favorite Desipio thread derailments.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2014, 09:23:22 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 11, 2014, 08:59:19 AM

Chuck gonna Chuck.

I see what Chuck is saying, but the relatively enormous human head (compared to other animals) is what accounts for the most of the, uh, stretching of the birth canal. The head on a 10-pound baby isn't significantly larger than that of a 5-pound baby, so I don't think birth weight has much to do with anything.

Side note: This conversation has inspired me to quit my marketing job here at the hospital and become a male midwife instead.

And now I'm wondering how Kevin Mench's mother ever pushed that colossal melon out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2014, 09:37:52 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 11, 2014, 08:59:19 AM

Chuck gonna Chuck.

I believe you'll find "midhusband" is the word you're looking for. Or, apparently, "accoucheur" if you want to be pretentious.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2014, 09:40:14 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 11, 2014, 09:37:52 AM
Or, apparently, "accoucheur" if you want to be pretentious.

I do.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »

Your child is a "ginormous" fat-ass who looks ugly without makeup.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2015, 03:25:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 21, 2014, 01:39:04 PM
What in the fuck, Packers?

Could you stop trying to be so fucking gross for two seconds, Wisconsin?

You keep being you, Wisconsin.

"Big Mother" pretzel bun
    1/2 pound of ground venison
    1/2 pound of ground bacon
    1/2 pound of certified Angus beef
    Crispy fried onions
    Jalapeno smoked bacon
    Lettuce
    Six slices of tomatoes
    Pickles
    Secret sauce
    Housemade jalapeno cheese (jalapenos, multiple cheddars and BBQ sauce)
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.