News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 10: The Show  ( 88,971 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 10: The Show
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 07, 2010, 12:50:01 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 07, 2010, 12:43:03 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 07, 2010, 12:01:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 07, 2010, 10:26:42 AM
Full Minors rosters came out yesterday. I'm playing with the fake Cubs now. Interestingly enough (or not all), Ryan Dempster is the one who shit the mound. Heyward is an e-beast. We should never pitch to him.

Full Minors rosters?  Wha?  Fake Cubs?

Yeah, some dorks from Operation Sports made the full minors for every team. I can watch the career of Brett Jackson take off into the stratosphere.

What is the roster called on the Downoads list?  I know they still haven't fixed the # Downloads thing, so I'm guessing it has to be found some other way.

OS Full Minors V.1.

There is going to be a V.2 I guess in a couple weeks with faces and shit. Who knows.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 07, 2010, 04:25:43 PM
Full Minors rosters came out yesterday. I'm playing with the fake Cubs now. Interestingly enough (or not all), Ryan Dempster is the one who shit the mound. Heyward is an e-beast. We should never pitch to him.

Yeah, some dorks from Operation Sports made the full minors for every team. I can watch the career of Brett Jackson take off into the stratosphere.

What is the roster called on the Downoads list?  I know they still haven't fixed the # Downloads thing, so I'm guessing it has to be found some other way.

OS Full Minors V.1.

There is going to be a V.2 I guess in a couple weeks with faces and shit. Who knows.

Have the V.2 bee released?  I'm going to hopefully get down with The Show tomorrow morning.  Can't wait.  I'll be the fake Astros, though.  I hate the Cubs too much right now.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 23, 2010, 08:49:37 AM

OS Full Minors V.1.

Have the V.2 bee released?  I'm going to hopefully get down with The Show tomorrow morning.  Can't wait.  I'll be the fake Astros, though.  I hate the Cubs too much right now.

I'm going to be sad when you actually play your PS3, because all these anticipation posts are exhilarating!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 23, 2010, 03:09:19 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 23, 2010, 08:49:37 AM

OS Full Minors V.1.

I'm going to be sad when you actually play your PS3, because all these anticipation posts are exhilarating!

Yeah, my bad.  I haven't had a lot of time to get into it.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2010, 07:37:25 AM »
DPD:  I'm through 8 innings in my very first game of The Show and I'm getting skullfucked by the Giants (I'm the fake Astros) 8-0.  Lincecum has 15 K.  I've got three our four hits.  But I have a boner.  I think I'm liking the pitch meter over the classic, one button style pitch interface.  At least with the meter it's my fault when I leave a two-seam fattie right over the plate.  There's also variability in the umpire's calls.  Love that.  I also like the challenge of the pitch meter...I think I walked four or five hitters with Brett Myers.

I do have some questions.  Can you preload throws when you're defending?  This Guess Pitch thing is kind of cool, but I haven't really mastered it, yet.  Is there a scouting report or anything in this game like in 2K?  Oh, how the fuck do you run the bases?

Here's a general question about the video output of the game.  Does the game have a sorry depth of vision effect?  Or do I need to fiddle with some settings?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »
So, I was crushing my 7-year-old nephew in this game over the weekend (because he has to learn to LOSE), and I hit a home run down the left field line, but they didn't signal it a home run.  The umps got together, the booth consulted a replay, and they overturned it, and called it a home run.  It blew my mind.  This game is incredible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2010, 11:41:11 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 17, 2010, 11:30:01 AM
So, I was crushing my 7-year-old nephew in this game over the weekend (because he has to learn to LOSE), and I hit a home run down the left field line, but they didn't signal it a home run.  The umps got together, the booth consulted a replay, and they overturned it, and called it a home run.  It blew my mind.  This game is incredible.

I'm basically playing along with the Cubs' schedule just by coincidence (and I'm actually doing worse than the real Cubs) but I don't think I can get sick of this. It's fantastic. You see new stuff all the time and they really do a good job of making it feel like you're in a season as opposed to just playing games in a vacuum.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2010, 08:49:28 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 26, 2010, 07:37:25 AM
DPD:  I'm through 8 innings in my very first game of The Show and I'm getting skullfucked by the Giants (I'm the fake Astros) 8-0.  Lincecum has 15 K.  I've got three our four hits.  But I have a boner.  I think I'm liking the pitch meter over the classic, one button style pitch interface.  At least with the meter it's my fault when I leave a two-seam fattie right over the plate.  There's also variability in the umpire's calls.  Love that.  I also like the challenge of the pitch meter...I think I walked four or five hitters with Brett Myers.

I do have some questions.  Can you preload throws when you're defending?  This Guess Pitch thing is kind of cool, but I haven't really mastered it, yet.  Is there a scouting report or anything in this game like in 2K?  Oh, how the fuck do you run the bases?

Here's a general question about the video output of the game.  Does the game have a sorry depth of vision effect?  Or do I need to fiddle with some settings?

Why are you the Astros?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »
Are we going to do an online league or what?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »
Quote from: JD on May 17, 2010, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 26, 2010, 07:37:25 AM

Why are you the Astros?

Cuz it says I'm formal, but I also like to party.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:37 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 17, 2010, 09:43:09 PM
Are we going to do an online league or what?

If everyone wants to... I think IAN, Kerm, Gil, Weebs, Slaky, and myself are the ones that have this game to my knowledge. We could do a short league with long series (like you only have to play 3 games against someone in 7 days before you move to the next one).. If IAN and Slaky have issues doing the league, I'd understand.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: June 02, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
This game is painfully realistic.  I started a franchise with the Cubs, and I'm 1-5, having lost every game it nut-punching fashion.  John Grabow has a 13.50 ERA and was just DFA'd, and the offense can't drive runners in, despite hitting for a high average.  They even accurately programmed Dusty Baker's managerial skills.  In two games against the Reds, with a save opportunity in the 9th, he used 3 different pitchers to get 3 different outs.  Fuck this game and it's awesomeness.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: June 02, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 02, 2010, 12:08:20 PM
This game is painfully realistic.  I started a franchise with the Cubs, and I'm 1-5, having lost every game it nut-punching fashion.  John Grabow has a 13.50 ERA and was just DFA'd, and the offense can't drive runners in, despite hitting for a high average.  They even accurately programmed Dusty Baker's managerial skills.  In two games against the Reds, with a save opportunity in the 9th, he used 3 different pitchers to get 3 different outs.  Fuck this game and it's awesomeness.

Sounds like a fun way to spend your time.

Why don't you just save the $50 and watch the Cubs?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: June 02, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »

Yeah, I'm in June and I'm something like 22-34. It's amazing how bad I/the Cubs are.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 02, 2010, 03:40:09 PM

Yeah, I'm in June and I'm something like 22-34. It's amazing how bad I/the Cubs are.

I'm still completely incapable of hitting a fastball (or any pitch, really) up in the zone.  The only time I can do it is when I'm looking up and in with a lefty hitter.  Also, every curveball that bounces in front of the plate looks like it's going to barely miss the strike zone.