News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,426 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2009, 04:05:14 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 29, 2009, 02:21:11 PM
Team Xbox has a much more positive preview (surprise, surprise) of Tonker's game.

I like the idea of the broadcast booth interrupting themselves to call a play, and then returning to their previous topic.

I've been keeping that on the down-low, because I didn't want you lot complaining at me the whole time.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »
The second teaser takes us inside beautiful Tropicana Field.  It looks very pretty.  Sort of gives you the feel of the "living ballpark" thing.
Hire Jim Essian!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2009, 09:34:03 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 05, 2009, 05:50:01 PM
The second teaser takes us inside beautiful Tropicana Field.  It looks very pretty.  Sort of gives you the feel of the "living ballpark" thing.

Ahmad Adawiya at 5:24pm February 5

Yeah it looks great can't wait to play it! I agree with Jim it's about time there's new commentators! I mean Morgan and Miller are good in real life but they sound stupid in the game.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 05, 2009, 09:34:03 PM

Yeah it looks great can't wait to play it! I agree with Jim it's about time there's new commentators! I mean Morgan and Miller are good in real life but they sound stupid in the game.

Although Morgan and Miller are douches the announcing sounds better. They sound less like they are reciting from a script and more like they are reacting to the actions in the game. This might also be doctored due to it being a video, but still. It looks pretty good.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 05, 2009, 09:42:37 PM

Although Morgan and Miller are douches the announcing sounds better. They sound less like they are reciting from a script and more like they are reacting to the actions in the game. This might also be doctored due to it being a video, but still. It looks pretty good.

Um, I agree (?)  I just posted it because of Ahmad's implication that Morgan not only doesn't sound stupid all the time, but that he actually sounds good in real life.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2009, 09:53:58 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 05, 2009, 09:48:00 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 05, 2009, 09:42:37 PM

Um, I agree (?)  I just posted it because of Ahmad's implication that Morgan not only doesn't sound stupid all the time, but that he actually sounds good in real life.

Don't ask me why I quoted yours.. I should have just quoted Kerm's I guess. I'm a douche

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »
Yeti, I read that MLB The Show has it's demo out today for PS3.  Put that TAILWINDED INTEREST-FREE LOAN PAYBACK to good use, son.  Let us know what you think.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2009, 07:58:11 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on February 06, 2009, 07:29:16 AM
Yeti, I read that MLB The Show has it's demo out today for PS3.  Put that TAILWINDED INTEREST-FREE LOAN PAYBACK to good use, son.  Let us know what you think.

So, I can download this from Sony, I assume? (I'm still new to this PS3 thing.)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 06, 2009, 07:58:11 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on February 06, 2009, 07:29:16 AM

So, I can download this from Sony, I assume? (I'm still new to this PS3 thing.)

I don't know how it works, Yeti, but I'm assuming PS3 has a similar online program called the Playstation Network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_Network) to Microsoft's.

And, there's this:  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20071212142829AASTsuL

This here internet can be useful sometimes.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2009, 04:48:23 PM »
I think ESPN sucks at compressing pictures, so they don't look great, but they have some new screens up.  I am in love with the new behind-the-pitcher cam.

Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2009, 04:52:01 PM »
DPD.  The strike zone actually looks somewhat reasonable this year.  Yay.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2009, 05:00:04 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 06, 2009, 04:48:23 PM
I think ESPN sucks at compressing pictures, so they don't look great, but they have some [urlhttp://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/features/games/gallery?id=3886874&game=4]new screens[/url] up.  I am in love with the new behind-the-pitcher cam.

There isn't some douche waving at the camera so this can't be tooo realistic of a crowd.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 06, 2009, 05:00:04 PM
There isn't some douche waving at the camera so this can't be tooo realistic of a crowd.

Not one guy behind home plate on his cell phone?
FAKE.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2009, 05:33:16 PM »
The one problem I have with the behind-the-pitcher cam is they keep that target really big, so you can't accurately pick your spot.  At the same time, that's probably a good thing.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »
For some reason, I've been infatuated with MLB 09 The Show even though I don't own a PS3.  PastaPadre has a first inning video of the game's demo here:  (http://www.pastapadre.com/6202/mlb-09-the-show-demo-video).  The video isn't of great visual quality, but it runs smooth and you can tell just how good of a game The Show is.

Solid gameplay make baseball games good at the core, but little nuances make them a unique experience.  Like, at about the 2:15 mark when Ryan Howard is pulled off the bag for Hamels' pick off.  Howard then takes a few steps away from first and the runner, then tosses Hamels the ball back.  It's all fluid and "natural" feeling.

Longoria hits a bomb at 3:40 and you could tell as soon as he hit it that it was gone.  The subsequent replay was outstanding.

The pitch interface looked really interesting.  It's basically a three button meter, sort of like in a golf game.  It looks like it makes it harder for you to hit your spots.  REALISM!

Rollins' foul ball at 7:00 was a nice animation and so was Howard's HR finish.

The lighting, the batting stances, the motions of the players and the stadiums all look top-knotch.  And, wow the commentary is really good.  I'm jealous.