News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,443 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »
Quote from: Pre on February 26, 2009, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 26, 2009, 10:18:20 AM
Ugh.  One of the editors at O.S. found a franchise-killing bug already.  Apparently, the 30 teams have limited budgets, which causes a large number of stud free agents (Manny, Lincecum, etc.) to remain completely UNSIGNED after becoming free agents.  I usually don't play through multiple seasons, but you guys who do (Simmer?) BEWARE.  If the free agent signing logic is sound, I would think a patch that edited the budgets would fix it, but I wouldn't count on a patch from 2K, to be honest.

Um, Manny is unsigned.  It makes sense that teams have limited budgets, it probably just means they need to adjust free agents to take best available deals.

I think he means after a full season.  Lincecum isn't even a free agent for another few years, I don't think.  And I'm guessing this is just a problem with 2k not adjusting the player salaries correctly.  I think it was in 2k7 where all the salaries were way off, and ARod was making something like $3M/year.  Or maybe they're keeping the team salaries where they are this year, but projecting free agent value at what it was last year.  Thanks a lot, the economy.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 26, 2009, 11:30:34 AM
Ugh.  One of the editors at O.S. found a franchise-killing bug already.  Apparently, the 30 teams have limited budgets, which causes a large number of stud free agents (Manny, Lincecum, etc.) to remain completely UNSIGNED after becoming free agents.  I usually don't play through multiple seasons, but you guys who do (Simmer?) BEWARE.  If the free agent signing logic is sound, I would think a patch that edited the budgets would fix it, but I wouldn't count on a patch from 2K, to be honest.

Um, Manny is unsigned.  It makes sense that teams have limited budgets, it probably just means they need to adjust free agents to take best available deals.

I think he means after a full season.  Lincecum isn't even a free agent for another few years, I don't think.  And I'm guessing this is just a problem with 2k not adjusting the player salaries correctly.  I think it was in 2k7 where all the salaries were way off, and ARod was making something like $3M/year.  Or maybe they're keeping the team salaries where they are this year, but projecting free agent value at what it was last year.  Thanks a lot, the economy Obama.

Stream crossing'd.

I always sim a few seasons (stopping at the draft/FA periods) before starting a season.  I like the unknown.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »

He is?  Thank you!

One of the VC developers addressed it:

QuoteThe franchise issue is already fixed for a patch that is releasing on launch day. You can go back to your regularly scheduled worrying.

Sweet.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »
I just hope online play works well this year and people can actually hit without having to swing before the pitch is even delivered.  Maybe we could start out an online league where me and Yeti play as the Pirates and Royals, or a fantasy draft league where it can actually be even.  I vote the latter.  Those are a lot of fun.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 26, 2009, 05:18:26 PM
I just hope online play works well this year and people can actually hit without having to swing before the pitch is even delivered.  Maybe we could start out an online league where me and Yeti play as the Pirates and Royals, or a fantasy draft league where it can actually be even.  I vote the latter.  Those are a lot of fun.

Fantasy draft for a fantasy game?  LOOKING GLASS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2009, 09:10:25 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 26, 2009, 02:41:13 PM

He is?  Thank you!

This is awesome.  I love it when games are patched before they are even released.  Always a good sign.

One of the VC developers addressed it:

QuoteThe franchise issue is already fixed for a patch that is releasing on launch day. You can go back to your regularly scheduled worrying.

Sweet.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2009, 12:05:50 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 27, 2009, 09:10:25 AM
This is awesome.  I love it when games are patched before they are even released.  Always a good sign.

Meh.  Better than delaying the game a month.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2009, 02:35:03 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 27, 2009, 12:05:50 PM

Reading those 5 things about The Show makes me want to buy a PS3 and never think about the 2k series again.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 27, 2009, 02:35:03 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 27, 2009, 12:05:50 PM

Reading those 5 things about The Show makes me want to buy a PS3 and never think about the 2k series again.

Please do.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »
How come no one boos Kosuke in the trailer?

It's great they focus on these "Signature walkups" instead of trying to sneak into EA HQ and steal...whatever they need to steal to copy MVP05.

And I just got to Gary Thorne. Shit.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2009, 09:18:10 AM »
Is anyone really wanting to do a FANTASY LEAGUE for this FANTASY GAME? If so, let me know. I know I should be fully in the love with MLB The Show but I have played the equivalent to about 7-8 "real games" and I still can't get down the timing for the hitting. I think I've scored 5 runs in those "games" and 4 of them were by the homerun variety. So, if you guys are wanting to do something like this, then I would very possibly be swayed to buying 2k9 as opposed to The Show.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2009, 09:35:47 AM »
I love how thoroughly I botched the quote function in my reply up there.

How's this for a complaint about the 2K9 demo?  I'd like to actually hit off of a righthanded pitcher, but it's a frickin' three inning game with two of the best lefty pitchers in baseball starting for the teams.

(Yes, it's not much of a complaint.)

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2009, 11:15:40 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 02, 2009, 09:18:10 AM
Is anyone really wanting to do a FANTASY LEAGUE for this FANTASY GAME? If so, let me know. I know I should be fully in the love with MLB The Show but I have played the equivalent to about 7-8 "real games" and I still can't get down the timing for the hitting. I think I've scored 5 runs in those "games" and 4 of them were by the homerun variety. So, if you guys are wanting to do something like this, then I would very possibly be swayed to buying 2k9 as opposed to The Show.

Are you referring to actually tracking stats for a fantasy league, or doing a fantasy draft in an online league?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2009, 11:16:11 AM »
Quote from: Andy on March 02, 2009, 09:35:47 AM

How's this for a complaint about the 2K9 demo?  I'd like to actually hit off of a righthanded pitcher, but it's a frickin' three inning game with two of the best lefty pitchers in baseball starting for the teams.

I think you can switch to the team you want to face and sub out their pitcher, then switch back.

Buyers beware.  I'm hearing some BAD things about this game from people who have picked it up early, but I'm going to foolishly buy it tomorrow, anyhow.  I hated 2K8 way less than a lot of people did, and this seems a lot better than 2K8.  I'm hoping it's fun enough to hold my attention for at least part of the summer.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:44 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 02, 2009, 11:16:11 AM
Quote from: Andy on March 02, 2009, 09:35:47 AM

I think you can switch to the team you want to face and sub out their pitcher, then switch back.

Buyers beware.  I'm hearing some BAD things about this game from people who have picked it up early, but I'm going to foolishly buy it tomorrow, anyhow.  I hated 2K8 way less than a lot of people did, and this seems a lot better than 2K8.  I'm hoping it's fun enough to hold my attention for at least part of the summer.

How bad?