News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,333 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2009, 11:03:36 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 03, 2009, 11:01:53 AM
Quote from: Weebs on March 03, 2009, 10:52:01 AM
I just picked up my copy and have been playing around a bit.  Kerm, just to let you know, when you go to Play Now, as the game is loading, you can hit Start and adjust your lineup/starter.  I'm finding the Zone Hitting really hard to use so far.  I'm trying to figure out if you turn off the actual option for it, if the system itself will still work but that damn bat won't show up.  It's making it really hard to judge pitch location and I'm swinging late on everything.  I'd rather have the system still there, but just remove the bat.

Yeah, I'm late on everything, too.  I'm getting pretty much exclusively opposite-field hits.  In Play Now, can you change the CPU's lineup, though?  I don't think you can.

I didn't try to adjust the CPU.  I only switched my lineup and put Harden in to start.  Do you have any idea if the system behind Zone Hitting still applies when the actual option is turned off?  That bat takes up way too much of the screen and I'm thinking unless the pitch speed is drastically lowered, it's going to be too hard to hit.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2009, 11:05:50 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 03, 2009, 11:03:36 AM
I just picked up my copy and have been playing around a bit.  Kerm, just to let you know, when you go to Play Now, as the game is loading, you can hit Start and adjust your lineup/starter.  I'm finding the Zone Hitting really hard to use so far.  I'm trying to figure out if you turn off the actual option for it, if the system itself will still work but that damn bat won't show up.  It's making it really hard to judge pitch location and I'm swinging late on everything.  I'd rather have the system still there, but just remove the bat.

Yeah, I'm late on everything, too.  I'm getting pretty much exclusively opposite-field hits.  In Play Now, can you change the CPU's lineup, though?  I don't think you can.

I didn't try to adjust the CPU.  I only switched my lineup and put Harden in to start.  Do you have any idea if the system behind Zone Hitting still applies when the actual option is turned off?  That bat takes up way too much of the screen and I'm thinking unless the pitch speed is drastically lowered, it's going to be too hard to hit.

What level are you playing on?  I'm on default All-Star, and I'm making contact, for the most part.  I think the bat is bat-sized.
Hire Jim Essian!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 03, 2009, 11:05:50 AM

What level are you playing on?  I'm on default All-Star, and I'm making contact, for the most part.  I think the bat is bat-sized.

The fact that Weebs is blatently not going to class/not doing his algebra homework/continuing to not try to score with slutty college girls is pretty standard.  The fact that Kerm skipped work to play a video game is beyond me. 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 03, 2009, 11:43:20 AM

The fact that Weebs is blatently not going to class writing a paper/not doing his algebra homework/continuing to not try to score with slutty college disgusting Columbia girls is pretty standard.  The fact that Kerm skipped work to play a video game is beyond me. 

Check your facts'd.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2009, 11:58:13 AM »

The fact that Weebs is blatently not going to class/not doing his algebra homework/continuing to not try to score with slutty college girls is pretty standard.  The fact that Kerm skipped work to play a video game is beyond me. 

And God knows you understand practically EVERYTHING.
Hire Jim Essian!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2009, 12:02:13 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 03, 2009, 11:58:13 AM

He knows that I understand everything PRACTICALLY.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 03, 2009, 12:02:13 PM

You'd rather go to work than play a video game?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 03, 2009, 02:43:45 PM

Yes, because video games are for NERDS.  Accounting is for cool people.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2009, 06:13:36 PM »
I've played three innings thus far and I'm thinking the gameplay is better than 2K8.  However, I'm pissed that I can't change batting stances.  I think the hit distribution is pretty good and I absolutely love virtual Milton Bradley.  Mike Fontenot actually looks like himself, but everyone else looks like MLB Zombies that want to take over the world and eat my brains with smiles on their faces.

I really, really, really wish I had a PS3.  But, this game may do.  NOTE:  I haven't had a good internet signal in these hotel rooms as I roam around East Texas for work, so I can't DL the patch or any settings/rosters.  Hopefully, my next hotel will have a good enough signal for me to get and DL the patch.

Right now, I'm barely content with the game.  I'm really pissed about the stances thing.  Unless I'm missing something there, please let me know.

I know my reaction seems beyond FroDoggish after just three innings of work, but it's been three years of the same 2K tripe and I'm ready for something new.  Unfortunately, it ain't gonna hai.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 03, 2009, 04:34:54 PM

I'd rather not waste a personal/vacation day to play a video game, when, if I were I that big of a nerd, I could just wait until I got home from work that night, or heaven forbid, three days until the weekend.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2009, 08:10:08 PM »
This post thread board must stay afloat just for TDubbs' funny.  I mean, it's literally golden wrapped in Marisa Miller's meat curtains covered in chocolate sauce.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2009, 09:51:14 PM »

There's worse ways to spend time than playing video games. Golf comes to mind.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 03, 2009, 07:01:13 PM

I'd rather not waste a personal/vacation day to play a video game, when, if I were I that big of a nerd, I could just wait until I got home from work that night, or heaven forbid, three days until the weekend.

Ok, I didn't realize a personal/vacation day was in order here. I assumed Kerm never goes to work.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2009, 11:43:15 PM »
This game is, to use a technical term, not good.

I don't feel like going into loads of the bugs I've found in two whole games, but my favorite
is that about 1/3rd of the throws to first pull the 1B off the bag (including soft throws), and
even if the runner is out by 45 feet it's almost impossible to get the bag.  The franchise bugs
I'm reading about are pretty awesome too.

I don't know why I bother buying these shitty MLB2K games.

I think I'll end up getting the psp The Show for my baseball fix.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 03, 2009, 07:01:13 PM

Do you want me to bore you with the details of the doctor's appointment I had yesterday, or are you just going to continue being a dick?
Hire Jim Essian!