News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,405 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #420 on: March 11, 2009, 08:13:08 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 11, 2009, 07:44:48 PM
The second patch is coming, and it will address the CPU aggression, among other things.  I bet it's out by Opening Day.

QuoteTo confirm what many of you have suspected by my other postings, we are going to have a second update be released in the coming weeks and a first one on PC that will encompass the day one update that was released on the consoles. There is no set date (we will make every effort to get it up pre-Opening day but let me confirm that when I can) but I hope to have a better idea of when that will be late next week. The patch will address many issues, but most notably the AI batting aggression and the ease of home runs in online mode and certain difficulties. Those are the only ones I can confirm at this time. Thanks to those who posted in the Patch Fix List, I will be closing that list now. Please let me know if you have questions about the patch and I will do my best to answer them.

I nerdly registered and requested them patch the allowance of changing batting stances.  I think I'm losing TDubbs' love.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: March 11, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 11, 2009, 08:13:08 PM
The second patch is coming, and it will address the CPU aggression, among other things.  I bet it's out by Opening Day.

QuoteTo confirm what many of you have suspected by my other postings, we are going to have a second update be released in the coming weeks and a first one on PC that will encompass the day one update that was released on the consoles. There is no set date (we will make every effort to get it up pre-Opening day but let me confirm that when I can) but I hope to have a better idea of when that will be late next week. The patch will address many issues, but most notably the AI batting aggression and the ease of home runs in online mode and certain difficulties. Those are the only ones I can confirm at this time. Thanks to those who posted in the Patch Fix List, I will be closing that list now. Please let me know if you have questions about the patch and I will do my best to answer them.

I nerdly registered and requested them patch the allowance of changing batting stances.  I think I'm losing TDubbs' love.

So, it's win-win.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: March 11, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 11, 2009, 08:24:11 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 11, 2009, 08:13:08 PM

So, it's win-win.

Thanks for the link.  It's much easier to do this in the SBox, you know.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: March 11, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »
If you guys are finding locating your pitches to be too easy, apparently turning on Classic Pitching makes it much harder to hit your spots.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping to do so later tonight.
Hire Jim Essian!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: March 11, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 11, 2009, 06:05:29 PM
Quote from: Pre on March 11, 2009, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on March 11, 2009, 05:23:58 PM
No way!  It's almost like they're not real people.

I really wish you had something else in your life other than to sit around and shit out
the same tired comments in a pathetic attempt to someday get invited to eat at the
cool kids table.

Pre, to be fair, he does watch every single show on TV, as evidenced in the Boobtube thread.

I have absolutely nothing better to do.  Nothing.  I really wish I did, but I don't.  I have crying, but I do that before I fall asleep at night.  I'll probably continue to shit out these same tired comments just as long as it takes these guys to stop complaining that what happens on the video game could never happen in real life.  And since I they have nothing better to do than play video games, and I have nothing better to do than shit out the same tired comments, I'm afraid we might just be in the middle of a bacon loop the likes of which Dharma has only seen.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: March 12, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 11, 2009, 09:42:23 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 11, 2009, 06:05:29 PM
Quote from: Pre on March 11, 2009, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on March 11, 2009, 05:23:58 PM
No way!  It's almost like they're not real people.

I really wish you had something else in your life other than to sit around and shit out
the same tired comments in a pathetic attempt to someday get invited to eat at the
cool kids table.

Pre, to be fair, he does watch every single show on TV, as evidenced in the Boobtube thread.

I have absolutely nothing better to do.  Nothing.  I really wish I did, but I don't.  I have crying, but I do that before I fall asleep at night.  I'll probably continue to shit out these same tired comments just as long as it takes these guys to stop complaining that what happens on the video game could never happen in real life.  And since they have nothing better to do than play video games, and I have nothing better to do than shit out the same tired comments, I'm afraid we might just be in the middle of a bacon loop the likes of which Dharma has only seen.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »
If any 360 owners still want to get it, 2K9 is $42.99 with free shipping at Newegg.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: March 12, 2009, 06:03:15 PM »
Has anyone figured out how to successfully steal in this game yet?  It seems like if I hold the trigger to set them to steal, they go immediately and the pitcher looks the runner back.  But then if I try to time it with the delivery, it never works.  I think I've only successfully attempted one steal, and Brian Roberts was thrown out by quite a bit.  I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but it seems to be nearly impossible to steal.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: March 12, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »
My guys are so awesome that most of the time when they try to steal second they don't even slide.

And they're always out.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: March 12, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
Quote from: Andy on March 12, 2009, 06:05:54 PM
My guys are so awesome that most of the time when they try to steal second they don't even slide.

And they're always out.

I rarely need to, cause this game servers up HRs like it's nobody's beeswax.  The last game I played, I hit something like 7 HRs combined with Soriano, Aramis, Bradley and Soto.  It was against Wandy Rodriguez, but come on.  Soriano has like 5 HRs through 3 games.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: March 12, 2009, 11:34:29 PM »
Dolan, you know you can hit "X" to slide, right?

Weebs, my only problem with stealing is if I take a three-step lead, the fucking pitcher will NOT stop throwing over, so I have to take a two-step lead, and I get thrown out a lot.  I've stolen a couple, though.  My success rate is probably in Theriot range, so I shouldn't be giving advice.

I had a great game earlier tonight, by the way.  I lost 4-0 to the Brewers, but there was only one home run (by Prince to the opposite field on a 2-0 outside fastball, which was a pretty decent result).  Zambrano went 7 innings and gave up 1 run.  Heilman shat the bed in the 8th, throwing wild on a Gallardo bunt to keep the inning alive and allow the three runs in the inning.  But I think there were only 6 hits on my side and 7 on theirs.  A few extra-base hits.  Great game.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: March 13, 2009, 01:22:11 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 12, 2009, 11:34:29 PM

Weebs, my only problem with stealing is if I take a three-step lead, the fucking pitcher will NOT stop throwing over, so I have to take a two-step lead, and I get thrown out a lot.  I've stolen a couple, though.  My success rate is probably in Theriot range, so I shouldn't be giving advice.

I had a great game earlier tonight, by the way.  I lost 4-0 to the Brewers, but there was only one home run (by Prince to the opposite field on a 2-0 outside fastball, which was a pretty decent result).  Zambrano went 7 innings and gave up 1 run.  Heilman shat the bed in the 8th, throwing wild on a Gallardo bunt to keep the inning alive and allow the three runs in the inning.  But I think there were only 6 hits on my side and 7 on theirs.  A few extra-base hits.  Great game.

See, I can take three steps just fine, but if I hold down the trigger to set the runner to steal, the pitcher immediately throws over.  I have to do that for two and one step leads also.  Are you just not supposed to hold the trigger right away or what?

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: March 13, 2009, 09:44:45 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 13, 2009, 01:22:11 AM

See, I can take three steps just fine, but if I hold down the trigger to set the runner to steal, the pitcher immediately throws over.  I have to do that for two and one step leads also.  Are you just not supposed to hold the trigger right away or what?

I just stole a base with Travis Buck (yes, THAT Travis Buck) against Joba Chamberlain (who is Roger Clemens, Jr.).  You have to pick your spots to steal.  I had Aaron Hill on third and Buck on first with 2 down and I'm down 5-1 to the Yankees.  I noticed that Joba is horribly slow in his delivery and that I could easily steal no matter my lead, even with his 99 MPH fastball.  I lead all my runners with the LB (tapping twice for the two step lead), then with Buck highlighted as my desired runner, I hold the left trigger and Buck takes an extra step.  The controller rumbles, and at Joba's first movement Buck goes.  Successful steal.  Also, you can slide directionally with the left stick just like in other iterations of the game.  One more thing:  left bumper advances all runners one base and right bumper retreats all runners one base.

A lot of that has to do with Joba's mollasses-like motion to the plate from the stretch, but I've figured that the Royals don't have much speed aside from Coco Crisp, who's out with a sprained wrist.  Which brings me to this...Crisp hurt is wrist four games ago and the game told me that he'll be hurt for one day...they told me this FOUR games ago.  Why isn't my CF better already?

I noticed something else quite cool...an MLB Network advertisement in CF at Kauffman Stadium.  Hadn't noticed anything other than State Farm and Pepsi.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: March 13, 2009, 10:08:22 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 13, 2009, 09:44:45 AM

I just stole a base with Travis Buck (yes, THAT Travis Buck) against Joba Chamberlain (who is Roger Clemens, Jr.).  You have to pick your spots to steal.  I had Aaron Hill on third and Buck on first with 2 down and I'm down 5-1 to the Yankees.  I noticed that Joba is horribly slow in his delivery and that I could easily steal no matter my lead, even with his 99 MPH fastball.  I lead all my runners with the LB (tapping twice for the two step lead), then with Buck highlighted as my desired runner, I hold the left trigger and Buck takes an extra step.  The controller rumbles, and at Joba's first movement Buck goes.  Successful steal.  Also, you can slide directionally with the left stick just like in other iterations of the game.  One more thing:  left bumper advances all runners one base and right bumper retreats all runners one base.

A lot of that has to do with Joba's mollasses-like motion to the plate from the stretch, but I've figured that the Royals don't have much speed aside from Coco Crisp, who's out with a sprained wrist.  Which brings me to this...Crisp hurt is wrist four games ago and the game told me that he'll be hurt for one day...they told me this FOUR games ago.  Why isn't my CF better already?

I noticed something else quite cool...an MLB Network advertisement in CF at Kauffman Stadium.  Hadn't noticed anything other than State Farm and Pepsi.

On that directional sliding, I think you also have to hit "X."  Or maybe that just forces a slide.  You can definitely slide into first.  I did it on a throw up the line, [Smarmy Steve Stone]which is the only time you're SUPPOSED to do it,[/Smarmy Steve Stone] and I was safe.  Pretty cool.

I had another great loss game last night.  Blue Jays @ Twins.  Slowey goes eight strong and gives up only two early runs on a two-run homer.  The homer again came on a 2-0 fastball.  I'm going to have to start shaking off my catcher on those.  I scratched across a meager run, and they scored another in the 8th.  The box score was great, though.  It was a 3-1 game.  I had 7 hits, they had 6.  Only one home run and a couple of doubles.  I even drew an unintentional walk, and I'm a hacker.

I strongly recommend turning on the pitch release timing and the zone hitting and playing on default All-Star sliders.  It's a VERY challenging, but rewarding game.  Make sure you nibble at the corners and you're patient at the plate.
Hire Jim Essian!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: March 13, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »

Whenever I'm stuck in my game and can't slide or jump up and hit the brick to get the mushroom to come out, I do what most of us gamers do.  Read the directions.  Since, afterall, it was made by little asian dudes, there is a way to do a majority of the maneuvers in the game.  Usually it involves a sequence of buttons, or perhaps in this case, just pressing one button.  I know reading is for losers, and us gamers are not losers, but sometimes reading, like video game playing above the age of 14, is FUNdamental.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!