News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,387 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #450 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 13, 2009, 01:08:22 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 13, 2009, 01:03:15 PM
I'm so ashamed of myself, but on the 2K forum I mentioned my beef with the batting stance/pitch type editing (2K claims to want the game to be more ACCESSIBLE but I can't edit my stances and pitch types like, oh I don't know, I've done in every other 2K game) and the stupid alternate uniform goof where they make the visiting team wear the white pants when they wear alternate tops in a road park.  Just...goofy.

Something else cool...when you're logged into XBOX Live and you're in the menus before the start of a game, press X to initiate the "Ticker."  It'll stream all manner of scores and news from around sports in real time.

That is cool, but re: the ticker, make sure you don't enable it so that it's on during games.  If you do, it sits on the bottom of the screen during gameplay, and it's very distracting.

Yeah, I don't mind it so much during games.  It goes away at appropriate times.  It's very TV broadcasty.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: March 13, 2009, 01:23:42 PM »
DPD.  Okay, it's time to break this down into uber nerddom.  My 2009 virtual Royals (2-3, just owned by Joba and the Yankees 8-1) are as such:

1.  CF  Coco Crisp
2.  SS  Mike Aviles
3.  3B  Alex Gordon
4.  1B  Billy Butler
5.  RF  Jeremy Hermida
6.  LF  Josh Willingham
7.  DH Mark Teahan
8.  C   John Buck
9.  2B Aaron Hill

SP1 Gil Meche
SP2 Zack Greinke
SP3 Kyle Davies
SP4 Luke Hochevar
SP5 Brian Bannister

Relievers:  CL Kerry Wood, SU Brian Wilson, SU Jimmy Gobble, LR Greg Smith, MR Scott Proctor, MR Billy Sadler

Bench:  IF Willie Bloomquist, OF Travis Buck, C Miguel Olivo, IF Bobby Crosby

I think I'm going to make a deal for Samardzija, too.  I'll cheese it until the patch.  Then, I play like a nerd for realz.

I also noticed that in signing free agents, in the free agent pool the player's salary (in one case, Jay Payton) is listed as $4.00MM, but when you go to negotiate with him he starts out at 1 year/$368K.  Very, very, very awesome nuance.  Before, you were expected to find $4.00MM to sign a guy off the street like that, but not this year.  I like that very much.

Sorry, TDubbs.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: March 13, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 13, 2009, 01:23:42 PM
DPD.  Okay, it's time to break this down into uber nerddom.  My 2009 virtual Royals (2-3, just owned by Joba and the Yankees 8-1) are as such:

1.  CF  Coco Crisp
2.  SS  Mike Aviles
3.  3B  Alex Gordon
4.  1B  Billy Butler
5.  RF  Jeremy Hermida
6.  LF  Josh Willingham
7.  DH Mark Teahan
8.  C   John Buck
9.  2B Aaron Hill

SP1 Gil Meche
SP2 Zack Greinke
SP3 Kyle Davies
SP4 Luke Hochevar
SP5 Brian Bannister

Relievers:  CL Kerry Wood, SU Brian Wilson, SU Jimmy Gobble, LR Greg Smith, MR Scott Proctor, MR Billy Sadler

I think I'm going to make a deal for Samardzija, too.  I'll cheese it until the patch.  Then, I play like a nerd for realz.

I also noticed that in signing free agents, in the free agent pool the player's salary (in one case, Jay Payton) is listed as $4.00MM, but when you go to negotiate with him he starts out at 1 year/$368K.  Very, very, very awesome nuance.  Before, you were expected to find $4.00MM to sign a guy off the street like that, but not this year.  I like that very much.

Sorry, TDubbs.

If/When 2K fixes the lag issues, would people be interested in starting an online, fantasy draft league?  I don't think they work the same way as the EA games, where you play a season like normal, against AI and all that, but you can still draft your teams, make trades and (maybe) sign free agents.  I know there's only a few of us that have the game, but it would be cool to just get a 4 or 5 person league that only lasts a dozen or so games.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: March 13, 2009, 02:04:10 PM »
Gamespot is my favorite place to look at video game reviews and the baseball reviews are in.....MLB the Show 9.0 rating, and MLB 2k9 got a god awful 4.5. They also have reviews from many other game review sites and 2k9 is a pretty shitty game overall and MLB the Show is tits on ice.

The amount of crap that is wrong with 2k9 no patch is ever going to fix.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: March 13, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on March 13, 2009, 02:04:10 PM
Gamespot is my favorite place to look at video game reviews and the baseball reviews are in.....MLB the Show 9.0 rating, and MLB 2k9 got a god awful 4.5. They also have reviews from many other game review sites and 2k9 is a pretty shitty game overall and MLB the Show is tits on ice.

There is no way that 2K9 is deserving of a 4.5.  That's them reviewing the game before the release day patch, surely.  And, even if they did the review with the release day patch, they got it massively wrong.  They even got The Show wrong because that's a sure 11 out of 10.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: March 13, 2009, 02:07:36 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 13, 2009, 02:05:42 PM

There is no way that 2K9 is deserving of a 4.5.  That's them reviewing the game before the release day patch, surely.  And, even if they did the review with the release day patch, they got it massively wrong.  They even got The Show wrong because that's a sure 11 out of 10.

That 4.5 was probably just in comparison to The Show.  I keep reading more about The Show and it's making it incredibly difficult not to go out and buy a PS3.  If I knew more people with the system and The Show, I probably wouldn't even hesitate.  2K9 is growing on me a bit, but it's still a piece of shit compared to even what I remember playing in The Show '08.  Why can't we just have MVP back?!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: March 13, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 13, 2009, 02:07:36 PM

That 4.5 was probably just in comparison to The Show.  I keep reading more about The Show and it's making it incredibly difficult not to go out and buy a PS3.  If I knew more people with the system and The Show, I probably wouldn't even hesitate.  2K9 is growing on me a bit, but it's still a piece of shit compared to even what I remember playing in The Show '08.  Why can't we just have MVP back?!

What should keep you from buying the PS3 is that you can't afford to pay for lunch.  And to go spend all that dough on a system for one game that is only 4.5 points better than the one you're currently masturbating to is dumb.  And I'm sure you can befriend plenty of random 13 year olds if you were to get it and then you could play online all day long.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felix Heredia

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: March 13, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 13, 2009, 01:44:20 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 13, 2009, 01:23:42 PM

1.  CF  Coco Crisp
2.  SS  Mike Aviles
3.  3B  Alex Gordon
4.  1B  Billy Butler
5.  RF  Jeremy Hermida
6.  LF  Josh Willingham
7.  DH Mark Teahan
8.  C   John Buck
9.  2B Aaron Hill

SP1 Gil Meche
SP2 Zack Greinke
SP3 Kyle Davies
SP4 Luke Hochevar
SP5 Brian Bannister

Sorry, TDubbs.

If/When 2K fixes the lag issues, would people be interested in starting an online, fantasy draft league?  I don't think they work the same way as the EA games, where you play a season like normal, against AI and all that, but you can still draft your teams, make trades and (maybe) sign free agents.  I know there's only a few of us that have the game, but it would be cool to just get a 4 or 5 person league that only lasts a dozen or so games.

IN.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: March 13, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 13, 2009, 02:17:30 PM

What should keep you from buying the PS3 is that you can't afford to pay for lunch.  And to go spend all that dough on a system for one game that is only 4.5 points better than the one you're currently masturbating to is dumb.  And I'm sure you can befriend plenty of random 13 year olds if you were to get it and then you could play online all day long.

Which would leave plenty of unaccompanied 13 year old girls to be preyed upon by local degenerates.

I see through your ploy, TDubbs.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: March 13, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 13, 2009, 02:31:57 PM

Which would leave plenty of unaccompanied 13 year old girls to be preyed upon by local degenerates.

Tip, you should throw on your workout jeans and take them dancing!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: March 13, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »

I have no idea how college students can afford these things. If I spent 20 bucks a week I was able to get 3 or 4 pitchers and a couple jagerbombs out of it and that was an expensive week.
The times they are a changin.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: March 13, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 13, 2009, 02:39:00 PM

I have no idea how college students can afford these things. If I spent 20 bucks a week I was able to get 3 or 4 pitchers and a couple jagerbombs out of it and that was an expensive week.

Student loans and the hopes I'll be dead by 25 so I don't have to pay them back.  Yep, that's the way to do it.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: March 13, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 13, 2009, 02:35:28 PM

That's for gays and fags. 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: March 13, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 13, 2009, 02:52:07 PM
Quote from: BH on March 13, 2009, 02:35:28 PM

That's for gays and fags. 

Yeah, but other than the troublesome sequin cleanup afterward, we're faboo.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: March 13, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 13, 2009, 02:39:00 PM

I bet you even got laid every once in awhile. XBOX live won't sleep with you until 2020 I'm guessing.