News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,397 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #495 on: March 16, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 16, 2009, 03:42:46 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 13, 2009, 06:08:39 PM
Well, I must say that I've just finished one of my funnest games so far in 2K9.  I was down to the Indians 5-3 in the bottom of the 9th and Kobayashi (not the hot dog guy) was in to close.  He got Aviles on a grounder to first, one down.  Then, Gordon goes yak for his second HR of the game:  5-4 Tribe.

Next up is Billy Butler.  He takes an outside fastball to right just in front of Choo for a single.  Up next is Mark Teahan and I send in Jay Payton to pinch run for Butler.  Teahan is down in the count, 1-2 and proceeds to take an outside fastball deep to left center between Sizemore and Fransisco for a double and Payton scores all the way from first to tie the game at 5.  There is something really satisfying about that double from Teahan.

Next up is Josh Willingham.  Kobayashi serves up a 1-1 fastball right over the heart of the plate and Willingham makes him pay with a two-run HR to straight away CF:  Royals win.

Something weird though as the team really didn't celebrate...they just walked off the field and into the dugout.

They were overcome by the futility of playing baseball in KC.

Maybe.  But, the Royals' powder blue uniforms are the best in baseball.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #496 on: March 16, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #497 on: March 16, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »
Has anyone had a problem with their game freezing?  I can't tell if it's my disc or my 360 (the 360 is almost brand new), but everytime the game loads up, it freezes.  If I'm signed in, it freezes once it loads the Difficulty Sliders, and when signed out, it freezes after I enter in a profile name.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #498 on: March 16, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 16, 2009, 12:28:48 PM
Has anyone had a problem with their game freezing?  I can't tell if it's my disc or my 360 (the 360 is almost brand new), but everytime the game loads up, it freezes.  If I'm signed in, it freezes once it loads the Difficulty Sliders, and when signed out, it freezes after I enter in a profile name.

Mine only froze after I completed the fantasy draft with the budgets set to "On."  Other than that, it's been working fine.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #499 on: March 17, 2009, 08:56:41 AM »
DPD, but I noticed that the CPU isn't hitting near as many HRs off my pitching as in years past.  I think I may have only given up three or four in eight games.  I've hit a decent amount of HRs as Billy Butler has four through eight games and two or three guys have two each, but the hit distribution is making me really happy.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #500 on: March 17, 2009, 10:09:44 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 17, 2009, 08:56:41 AM
DPD, but I noticed that the CPU isn't hitting near as many HRs off my pitching as in years past.  I think I may have only given up three or four in eight games.  I've hit a decent amount of HRs as Billy Butler has four through eight games and two or three guys have two each, but the hit distribution is making me really happy.

I'm definitely giving up fewer home runs.  My only complaint is that every once in a while there still seems to be "that inning," where they string together 6-7 hits in a row and score 4-5 runs no matter what I do.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #501 on: March 17, 2009, 10:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 17, 2009, 10:09:44 AM

I'm definitely giving up fewer home runs.  My only complaint is that every once in a while there still seems to be "that inning," where they string together 6-7 hits in a row and score 4-5 runs no matter what I do.

I hear that.  I think Grady Sizemore has a .750 average against me in these first three games against the Indians.  I was cruisng right along when all of a sudden Ben Francisco decides to rope a single to left with runners on first and third and two out while I pitched to his weaknesses the entire at-bat.  Before Francisco, the Indians roped two singles off my pitcher, Davies, as I watched astounded.  They hadn't touched him prevoiusly, only getting two singles in 6 innings.  But, that is baseball.  Those things do happen, and they've only happened twice in eight games for me.  I'm 4-4, by the way.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 17, 2009, 10:33:12 AM

I hear that.  I think Grady Sizemore has a .750 average against me in these first three games against the Indians.  I was cruisng right along when all of a sudden Ben Francisco decides to rope a single to left with runners on first and third and two out while I pitched to his weaknesses the entire at-bat.  Before Francisco, the Indians roped two singles off my pitcher, Davies, as I watched astounded.  They hadn't touched him prevoiusly, only getting two singles in 6 innings.  But, that is baseball.  Those things do happen, and they've only happened twice in eight games for me.  I'm 4-4, by the way.

I still can't play the damn game.  It loads Difficulty Sliders and the entire 360 locks up.  Looks like I just found my excuse to buy a PS3.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #503 on: March 17, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 17, 2009, 11:42:26 AM

I still can't play the damn game.  It loads Difficulty Sliders and the entire 360 locks up.  Looks like I just found my excuse to buy a PS3.

Suck it, textbooks!
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #504 on: March 17, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »

Have you been able to play other games on your 360?  It's probably just your disc.  I'm sure you can find a used one on the cheap through ebay or trade stores.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #505 on: March 17, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 17, 2009, 11:55:18 AM

Have you been able to play other games on your 360?  It's probably just your disc.  I'm sure you can find a used on on the cheap through ebay or trade stores.

I haven't tried any other games.  I doubt it's the disc though.  There's no scratches on it or anything.  But if it is, I should still have my receipt to Best Buy.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #506 on: March 17, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »

Isn't that actually a little more realistic? I mean, if it happens every game or every other game, then I think not. But if it happens every once every 4-5 games, I think that might be right where it *should* be.... But I may be wrong. I usually am.

Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 17, 2009, 11:55:18 AM
DPD, but I noticed that the CPU isn't hitting near as many HRs off my pitching as in years past.  I think I may have only given up three or four in eight games.  I've hit a decent amount of HRs as Billy Butler has four through eight games and two or three guys have two each, but the hit distribution is making me really happy.

I'm definitely giving up fewer home runs.  My only complaint is that every once in a while there still seems to be "that inning," where they string together 6-7 hits in a row and score 4-5 runs no matter what I do.

I hear that.  I think Grady Sizemore has a .750 average against me in these first three games against the Indians.  I was cruisng right along when all of a sudden Ben Francisco decides to rope a single to left with runners on first and third and two out while I pitched to his weaknesses the entire at-bat.  Before Francisco, the Indians roped two singles off my pitcher, Davies, as I watched astounded.  They hadn't touched him prevoiusly, only getting two singles in 6 innings.  But, that is baseball.  Those things do happen, and they've only happened twice in eight games for me.  I'm 4-4, by the way.

I still can't play the damn game.  It loads Difficulty Sliders and the entire 360 locks up.  Looks like I just found my excuse to buy a PS3.

Have you been able to play other games on your 360?  It's probably just your disc.  I'm sure you can find a used one on the cheap through ebay or trade stores.

Or exchange it where you bought it. If you bought it on the 3rd, do it today. 4th, make sure you do it before tomorrow. It has only been two weeks.. Or you could be like me and have 45 days to exchange things.

*EDIT: Scratch the fucker a little. I'm sure you'll be fine

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #507 on: March 17, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 17, 2009, 11:58:03 AM

Isn't that actually a little more realistic? I mean, if it happens every game or every other game, then I think not. But if it happens every once every 4-5 games, I think that might be right where it *should* be.... But I may be wrong. I usually am.

Not the way it plays out, honestly.  It just feels scripted.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #508 on: March 17, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 17, 2009, 12:19:16 PM

I guess I could say that about the Show, a little. Last night, fucking Skip Shumaker doubled. Ankiel singled. Pujols homered. I nailed Ludwick right in the head (on purpose). Glaus doubled. Greene singled. Got Molina to GIDP. Kennedy and Carpenter singled. Then Shumaker K'd to end the inning. A bitch of an inning with 5 runs allowed. Stuff like that to me has happened a decent amount of times. Usually, I just cuss at the TV and assume it's "realistic."

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #509 on: March 17, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 17, 2009, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 17, 2009, 12:19:16 PM

I guess I could say that about the Show, a little. Last night, fucking Skip Shumaker doubled. Ankiel singled. Pujols homered. I nailed Ludwick right in the head (on purpose). Glaus doubled. Greene singled. Got Molina to GIDP. Kennedy and Carpenter singled. Then Shumaker K'd to end the inning. A bitch of an inning with 5 runs allowed. Stuff like that to me has happened a decent amount of times. Usually, I just cuss at the TV and assume it's "realistic."

At least you put "realistic" in quotes.