News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,343 )

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #540 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17:40 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 18, 2009, 12:27:12 AM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 17, 2009, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 17, 2009, 08:08:20 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 17, 2009, 06:03:38 PM
So, in light of the shitty last week I had in Chicago (my father had a pretty severe stroke) and my desire to pick up my spirits, I decided to pony up the 60 bucks or so to pick up 2k9 for the PS3.  First and foremost, I can say that the sturm and drang that I've read over the game on the interwebs seems particularly overblown.  My major concerns thus far are the occasional first baseman steps off the bag glitch, the outfielder misses the ball terribly even though he's right under it glitch, and the "big inning" problem that BK has mentioned.  I hope these are eventually corrected, which, as I have read, will be soon.

However, the game is still nevertheless enjoyable, with some pretty impressive graphics to boot.  To wit, last night I was playing as the Boston Red Sox against my friend who was playing as the Angels.  We took a 2 - 2 tie (all four runs scored within the first two innings) into the bottom of the eleventh.  Beckett for me had about 11 or 12 K's, which Lackey (who was injured in the fourth) and Santana had about 10 K's.  We both had major opportunities to blow the game wide open.  My friend had first and third, one out in the top of the eight.  I ended the threat when Figgins popped a bunt to the first basemen who then caught the runner at first sleeping for the DP.  In the bottom of the ninth, I had bases loaded and one out for Big Papi who struck out, followed by Youk who flied out deep to right.  The game ended in a victory for me with a Jason Bay walk off in the 11th, which was his only hit for the day.

That said, I've had the most enjoyment with this game with the difficulty at Legend. 

I, too, am sorry to hear that.

Why 2k9? and not The Show? I think the consensus has been that The Show was probably a better investment.

You know, I really don't know.  I was at the Best Buy on Roosevelt last week after I left Northwestern Hospital, saw it, and didn't think twice about getting it.   So, in summation, basically accidental.

Ok. Fair enough. I was just curious.

I hope for a full recovery for your dad, and I hope that you and your family are doing well.

Worst vacation ever.  But I appreciate this, from everyone.  Might take some FMLA days to stay in town.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #541 on: March 18, 2009, 06:48:31 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 18, 2009, 01:17:40 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 18, 2009, 12:27:12 AM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 17, 2009, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 17, 2009, 08:08:20 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 17, 2009, 06:03:38 PM
So, in light of the shitty last week I had in Chicago (my father had a pretty severe stroke) and my desire to pick up my spirits, I decided to pony up the 60 bucks or so to pick up 2k9 for the PS3.  First and foremost, I can say that the sturm and drang that I've read over the game on the interwebs seems particularly overblown.  My major concerns thus far are the occasional first baseman steps off the bag glitch, the outfielder misses the ball terribly even though he's right under it glitch, and the "big inning" problem that BK has mentioned.  I hope these are eventually corrected, which, as I have read, will be soon.

However, the game is still nevertheless enjoyable, with some pretty impressive graphics to boot.  To wit, last night I was playing as the Boston Red Sox against my friend who was playing as the Angels.  We took a 2 - 2 tie (all four runs scored within the first two innings) into the bottom of the eleventh.  Beckett for me had about 11 or 12 K's, which Lackey (who was injured in the fourth) and Santana had about 10 K's.  We both had major opportunities to blow the game wide open.  My friend had first and third, one out in the top of the eight.  I ended the threat when Figgins popped a bunt to the first basemen who then caught the runner at first sleeping for the DP.  In the bottom of the ninth, I had bases loaded and one out for Big Papi who struck out, followed by Youk who flied out deep to right.  The game ended in a victory for me with a Jason Bay walk off in the 11th, which was his only hit for the day.

That said, I've had the most enjoyment with this game with the difficulty at Legend. 

I, too, am sorry to hear that.

Why 2k9? and not The Show? I think the consensus has been that The Show was probably a better investment.

You know, I really don't know.  I was at the Best Buy on Roosevelt last week after I left Northwestern Hospital, saw it, and didn't think twice about getting it.   So, in summation, basically accidental.

Ok. Fair enough. I was just curious.

I hope for a full recovery for your dad, and I hope that you and your family are doing well.

Worst vacation ever.  But I appreciate this, from everyone.  Might take some FMLA days to stay in town.

Sounds like a good idea. Hope the game provides some stress relief.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #542 on: March 18, 2009, 09:24:44 AM »
Best wishes to your dad, Gil.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #543 on: March 18, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
Gil, I don't know you at all.  But, here's to your dad's full recovery and well wishes to you and your family.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #544 on: March 19, 2009, 07:56:05 AM »
NONE OF US KNOW GIL AT ALL!

Gil, best wishes to you and your family during this ordeal.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #545 on: March 19, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 19, 2009, 07:56:05 AM
NONE OF US KNOW GIL AT ALL!

Gil, best wishes to you and your family during this ordeal.

NONE OF YOU KNOW ME AT ALL!!!

Thanks again.

FMLA approved today.  Two weeks, I figured, was a decent amount of time.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #546 on: March 22, 2009, 01:38:39 PM »
DPD, but thanks again to all the well wishes in this thread.  I'm sorry for turning our MLB2k9 thread into something completely different.  Let us resume our continued discussion of this game.

I'll hang up and wait for my response.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #547 on: March 22, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on March 22, 2009, 01:38:39 PM
I'm sorry for turning our MLB2k9 thread into something completely different. 
Something I have a reason for checking more than once a month?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #548 on: March 22, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »
Has there been any more news on the patch?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #549 on: March 23, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 22, 2009, 09:44:11 PM

"Two weeks."  I bet it will be out by mid-April.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #550 on: March 23, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 23, 2009, 09:44:23 AM

Woof.  I know they said they wanted to release it pre-Opening Day, but I'm enjoying the game more with each outing so I'm down with them waiting to get it done right and it take a little longer.  The virtual Royals are 5-4 and are the early Cardiac Kids of 2009.  Billy Butler and Alex Gordon are studs.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #551 on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 23, 2009, 09:53:01 AM

Woof.  I know they said they wanted to release it pre-Opening Day, but I'm enjoying the game more with each outing so I'm down with them waiting to get it done right and it take a little longer.  The virtual Royals are 5-4 and are the early Cardiac Kids of 2009.  Billy Butler and Alex Gordon are studs.

Yeah, I'm waiting to start my "official" franchise until after the patch.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #552 on: March 23, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on March 23, 2009, 10:01:34 AM

Am I the only one who almost never plays with the Cubs?  Maybe it's because they're actually good and in the game it'd be too easy to win with them, but I almost never play with them.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #553 on: March 23, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on March 23, 2009, 10:05:45 AM

Am I the only one who almost never plays with the Cubs?  Maybe it's because they're actually good and in the game it'd be too easy to win with them, but I almost never play with them.

I play with them because I want to see how the game would react if they won the series. I'm currently sitting at 3 games away from winning it on 2k8 but I really don't want to pick it up now that I have the show. I'm 14-9 so far this year. And that's only because of a 6 game win streak. The Cardinals are good on it.  DOOOOOOMMMMM

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #554 on: March 23, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »

Though I'm not playing the same game, I always wait for the Opening Day rosters to start mine.