News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,358 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2009, 07:48:47 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 06, 2009, 05:18:39 PM
I was just playing a game of this, and the patch certainly seems to help a little, but I still can't stand playing the game.  My main problem I have is that fielding seems to be completely out of my control.  As long as you're pointed in the right direction, the game takes over and does almost all the work for you, especially with infield defense.  I miss actually being in control of plays like in MVP.  Luckily, I found an incredible deal on a PS3, so I'll be picking one up soon, buying The Show, and then I'll never have to deal with 2K again.

What's the deal?  You should pick up a couple PS3s for the rest of us.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: April 07, 2009, 08:57:20 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 07, 2009, 07:48:47 AM
I was just playing a game of this, and the patch certainly seems to help a little, but I still can't stand playing the game.  My main problem I have is that fielding seems to be completely out of my control.  As long as you're pointed in the right direction, the game takes over and does almost all the work for you, especially with infield defense.  I miss actually being in control of plays like in MVP.  Luckily, I found an incredible deal on a PS3, so I'll be picking one up soon, buying The Show, and then I'll never have to deal with 2K again.

Some guy on Craigslist was selling a brand new one, unopened for $320.  Saves like $120 after tax.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: April 07, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 07, 2009, 08:57:20 AM

Some guy on Craigslist was selling a brand new one, unopened for $320.  Saves like $120 after tax.

Oh goodie.  I can't wait to hear you bitch about how you got to the guy's apartment and he rapes you.  Not rapes you like you know you'd like to be, but how he makes you give it to him this time.  Then you'll get home, open the PS3 for the first time, and realize that you got ripped off and it's just a bunch of bricks in the box.  Or better yet, you'll get the PS3, play for 49 straight hours, then come on here and bitch some more about how the game skipped once and you can't wait until ZBox987 comes out so you can finally buy one of those and never have to worry about unrealistic video games that don't let you actually be a part of the game itself and patches and games that skip b/c the games for the 987 come with an anti-skipping device that you can buy for $49.99 on www.sanfranciscogaygamers.com.  All the while, you'll continue to play the PS3, keep telling us how much you hate it and can't wait for the new deal on the 987.  You'll say how you can't believe a character on the game can possibly continue to run around the bases, sliding into each base, when you're clearly hitting "triangle, square, rhombus, triangle".  That shit just couldn't happen in real life, you'll say.  Then you and your "brother" will by 100 of the 987s, post a status update on the book of faces telling everybody how we should all hate you guys b/c you got so many, when really you're looking for affirmation that you're the coolest b/c you actually have that many.  Then the 987s will all have viruses that will automatically upload into your computer and tv and phone and ideally kill you.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: April 07, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on April 07, 2009, 10:28:45 AM

Oh goodie.  I can't wait to hear you bitch about how you got to the guy's apartment and he rapes you.  Not rapes you like you know you'd like to be, but how he makes you give it to him this time.  Then you'll get home, open the PS3 for the first time, and realize that you got ripped off and it's just a bunch of bricks in the box.  Or better yet, you'll get the PS3, play for 49 straight hours, then come on here and bitch some more about how the game skipped once and you can't wait until ZBox987 comes out so you can finally buy one of those and never have to worry about unrealistic video games that don't let you actually be a part of the game itself and patches and games that skip b/c the games for the 987 come with an anti-skipping device that you can buy for $49.99 on www.sanfranciscogaygamers.com.  All the while, you'll continue to play the PS3, keep telling us how much you hate it and can't wait for the new deal on the 987.  You'll say how you can't believe a character on the game can possibly continue to run around the bases, sliding into each base, when you're clearly hitting "triangle, square, rhombus, triangle".  That shit just couldn't happen in real life, you'll say.  Then you and your "brother" will by 100 of the 987s, post a status update on the book of faces telling everybody how we should all hate you guys b/c you got so many, when really you're looking for affirmation that you're the coolest b/c you actually have that many.  Then the 987s will all have viruses that will automatically upload into your computer and tv and phone and ideally kill you.

Everyone knows the next Microsoft item with be the JOBox420 with the first game being DDR.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: April 07, 2009, 12:22:09 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 07, 2009, 12:13:57 PM

Everyone knows the next Microsoft item with be the JOBox420 with the first game being DDR.

I can't wait for multiplayer!
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: April 08, 2009, 12:38:44 AM »

I tried to laugh at this, I really did.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: April 08, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on April 08, 2009, 12:38:44 AM

I tried to laugh at this, I really did.

Did you try to try?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: April 08, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 07, 2009, 12:13:57 PM

I'll press my video game jeans.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: April 09, 2009, 07:43:01 AM »
If I may, I'd like to change the subject back to nerdiness.  How is everyone doing on pitch counts post-patch?  It seems like there is a change in the CPU batting AI, but I can't quite pinpoint it.  I pitched a complete game shutout in the opener of my new franchise yesterday with Gil Meche and he only used 100 pitches.  It seems almost impossible for the CPU to take a pitch, especially a strike.  Now, I don't know if that's because I might not be gesturing right with my pitch types, causing my pitches to be ineffective and therefore pretty enticing to the hitter, or if it's just not changed that much.

I've looked through the sliders, but have been hesitant to throw them one way or the other because they really aren't explained...anywhere.  What is Batter Pitch Influence?  What is Pitcher Hitting Influence?  I don't know...

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: April 09, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 09, 2009, 07:43:01 AM
If I may, I'd like to change the subject back to nerdiness.  How is everyone doing on pitch counts post-patch?  It seems like there is a change in the CPU batting AI, but I can't quite pinpoint it.  I pitched a complete game shutout in the opener of my new franchise yesterday with Gil Meche and he only used 100 pitches.  It seems almost impossible for the CPU to take a pitch, especially a strike.  Now, I don't know if that's because I might not be gesturing right with my pitch types, causing my pitches to be ineffective and therefore pretty enticing to the hitter, or if it's just not changed that much.

I've looked through the sliders, but have been hesitant to throw them one way or the other because they really aren't explained...anywhere.  What is Batter Pitch Influence?  What is Pitcher Hitting Influence?  I don't know...

I think 100 pitches seems pretty solid if it was a shutout.  It used to only take like 45 pitches for a shutout, so 100 definitely seems like the AI is being a little more patient.  As for the sliders, it looks like there's a thread on them here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2k-sports-major-league-baseball-sliders/295093-os-breakdown-2k9-slider-theory.html

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: April 09, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 09, 2009, 07:47:40 AM

I think 100 pitches seems pretty solid if it was a shutout.  It used to only take like 45 pitches for a shutout, so 100 definitely seems like the AI is being a little more patient.  As for the sliders, it looks like there's a thread on them here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2k-sports-major-league-baseball-sliders/295093-os-breakdown-2k9-slider-theory.html

Yeah, I don't know if there was ever a 2K game in which my starter got anywhere NEAR 100 pitches.  Post-patch, I'm probably averaging 10-15 pitches an inning, which is way up from what it was pre-patch.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: April 09, 2009, 10:33:11 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 09, 2009, 09:53:01 AM
Quote from: Weebs on April 09, 2009, 07:47:40 AM

Yeah, I don't know if there was ever a 2K game in which my starter got anywhere NEAR 100 pitches.  Post-patch, I'm probably averaging 10-15 pitches an inning, which is way up from what it was pre-patch.

Just checking...I guess I'm actually doing better than I thought with the pitch counts, then.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: April 09, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »
If 2K is getting their shit together and improving their products, then, what I want to know is, why the eff did they scrap their College Hoops franchise?  It was kind of a dull game, but it reproduced the college game pretty well.  It was the anti-"drive'n'dunk" game. 

I'm terrible at basketball strategy, so I hated it.  I like strategy, so I liked it.  The franchise is dead now, so t'hell with it!

Baseball-related, Baseball Mogul 2010 is now available through torrents and file-sharing.  I have a link if anyone wants to download it.  I've only had a spare moment to tinker with it, went 83-79 with the 2009 Rockies.  Seems fungmang.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: April 10, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
Quote from: Simmer on April 09, 2009, 07:02:50 PM
If 2K is getting their shit together and improving their products, then, what I want to know is, why the eff did they scrap their College Hoops franchise?  It was kind of a dull game, but it reproduced the college game pretty well.  It was the anti-"drive'n'dunk" game. 

I'm terrible at basketball strategy, so I hated it.  I like strategy, so I liked it.  The franchise is dead now, so t'hell with it!

Baseball-related, Baseball Mogul 2010 is now available through torrents and file-sharing.  I have a link if anyone wants to download it.  I've only had a spare moment to tinker with it, went 83-79 with the 2009 Rockies.  Seems fungmang.

If I had a guess, I'd say it wasn't making them money.
Hire Jim Essian!

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: April 10, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 10, 2009, 10:12:08 AM
Quote from: Simmer on April 09, 2009, 07:02:50 PM

If I had a guess, I'd say it wasn't making them money.

That was my guess.  That and their commentators were Verne "Happy Walrus" Lundquist and Bill "MAN'DA'MAN" Raftery.  Both sounded like wooden actors portraying cardboard cutouts. 

"SENDITIN!" Bill?  More like "MAILEDITIN!".
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87