News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Trade Sean Marshall?  ( 5,844 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Trade Sean Marshall?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 22, 2011, 09:21:32 AM
I know this isn't a David DeJesus thread, but if the Cubs are set on rebuilding for a year or two why the hell did DeJesus decide to sign here?  I guess I'm happy to have him and all, he's a nice enough player, but he could play with a contender as he's still useful.  Maybe the Cubs will have trade bait if he plays well?

What contender has a starting position open, that dejesus could fill, to boost his value on the open market?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »
I know this isn't a David DeJesus thread, but if the Cubs are set on rebuilding for a year or two why the hell did DeJesus decide to sign here?  I guess I'm happy to have him and all, he's a nice enough player, but he could play with a contender as he's still useful.  Maybe the Cubs will have trade bait if he plays well?

Because it makes his wife happy and in life all we're trying to do is get our wives to be happy so they'll shut up for a few goddamn minutes.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 09:40:57 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 22, 2011, 08:38:26 AM
Why Theo's reign in Chicago has been a disaster so far.

QuoteWhich of the following was said by Epstein?

Anonymous Executive No. 1 said, "We are going to utilize several objective measures of player performance to evaluate and develop players. We'll rely on the more traditional objective evaluations: OPS, WHIP, Runs Created, ERC, GB/FB, K/9, K/BB, BB percentage, etc., but we'll also look to rely on some of the more recent variations: VORP, Relative Performance, EqAve, EqOBP, EqSLG, BIP percentage, wOBA, Range Factor, PMR and Zone Rating. That said, we will continue to stress the importance of our subjective evaluations. Succinctly stated, we believe that a combination of quality objective and subjective analysis will allow us to maximize our probability of success and to make the best possible decisions."

Anonymous Executive No. 2 said, "We have to build from within. We've got to be the best at finding talent, developing talent, and utilizing the talent at the major-league level."

Anonymous Executive No. 3 said, "To me, if you aren't in the business of being creative and looking for unique ways to [improve], then you're probably not doing your job very well."

I don't know.  They all sound like things pretty much any GM could say. 

Thing is, Epstein didn't say any of them.

WHAT?????  Then why the question????  You magnificent tricker, you!  Thank you for pointing out to me that Theo and his cronies don't believe ANY of that stuff.  All 3 of those quotations sound super true!  What is this regime doing?????  Why didn't Rickets hire this Anonymous guy?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 22, 2011, 09:38:01 AM

Because it makes his wife happy and in life all we're trying to do is get our wives to be happy so they'll shut up for a few goddamn minutes.

David DeJesus, a guy we can relate to.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 09:53:56 AM »
Quote from: JD on December 22, 2011, 09:40:57 AM
Why didn't Rickets hire this Anonymous guy?

I think this is the real question.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
Keith Law reporting the prospects are Dave Sappelt and Ronald Torreyes.

Sappelt is a decent power, good OBP LF and Torreyes is a very young 2B from the Dominican, who at 5'9, 140 seems like a perfect fit to play 2B for the Cubs.

Neither one is a top 10 prospect for the Reds, but both seem to have had some good success in the minors so far (Career OPS' of .821 and .935, respectively.)

Along with Wood, seems like a reasonable return.  

Edited to add a little more positive.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 23, 2011, 10:14:36 AM

Sappelt is a decent power, good OBP LF and Torreyes is a very young 2B from the Dominican, who at 5'9, 140 seems like a perfect fit to play 2B for the Cubs.

Neither one is a top 10 prospect for the Reds, but both seem to have had some good success in the minors so far (Career OPS' of .821 and .935, respectively.)

I bet Torreyes is already better than Darwin Barney.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 23, 2011, 11:37:45 AM

He's a hybrid of Joe Torre and Jose Reyes - what's not to like?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 23, 2011, 12:34:09 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 23, 2011, 11:37:45 AM

He's a hybrid of Joe Torre and Jose Reyes - what's not to like?

Racism.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.