News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Imitation Game  ( 1,294 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Imitation Game
« on: December 25, 2014, 06:08:14 PM »
With the exception of a couple of scenes that should have been left out, this is a very good movie.  It is about the cracking of the Nazi "Enigma" code.  The sub theme is about how society reacted toward homosexuals at the time.  The real life person who cracked the Enigma code, shortened the war, and saved countless lives, ended up condemned by the English legal system for his sexual identity.  (I have seen two movies this holiday, and both were about World War II.  I lived through the War.  I have no nostalgia for it.  But my prejudice shouldn't deter you from seeing a well made movie.) 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Imitation Game
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 01:10:25 AM »
I really loved the way they made out that Turing was a Soviet spy, despite the fact that precisely nobody else thinks that.  Way to treat a fucking war hero, guys!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 07:20:52 PM »
I haven't seen this movie
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 02:25:37 PM »
Quote from: JD on December 29, 2014, 07:20:52 PM
I haven't seen this movie

It was a good movie.