News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 61,769 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 03:24:44 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 15, 2016, 03:17:30 PM
Quote from: Brownie on January 15, 2016, 01:43:12 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2016, 12:53:37 PM
Quote from: Brownie on January 15, 2016, 12:51:07 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2016, 10:45:43 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 10:44:06 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 15, 2016, 10:24:37 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 15, 2016, 10:19:32 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 10:10:23 AM
So, are we not doing this? 

I'm pretty much the least political person around, but I'm completely embarrassed by basically all candidates on both sides.

Certainly embarrassed by anyone who appears to have an actual chance (assuming Bernie doesn't actually have a chance and that, of anyone, I might not be completely revolted by him.)

I feel the same way. Hillary is pretty awful. The guys on the right are just hopeless human beings.

What a country.

We're all looking for "least vile". 'Murica.

I haven't been super pleased with the Obama administration (maybe better as of late) but I'd have been very down with a Biden candidacy.

He appears to be a very decent man.

There are rumors he may jump in if Hillary loses Iowa. I'm half tempted to caucus for Bernie just because of that. Biden's the guy I'd definitely hate least out of all of these candidates.

Ship has sailed. He has missed the deadline in a number of states. Sorry!

So, I've been wondering -- what do you do, as a right-ward person who isn't a sociopath? What are you going to do if Trump is actually the nominee?

What's the best answer to this: I don't answer hypotheticals? Despite polling being what it is, I don't think Trump will ultimately get the nomination. I'm not sure how organized his ground game is, and his strength seems to be as an insult comic.

A Trump nomination would make Jim Webb's run much more interesting.

Cruz has traction, but I don't see him winning a general election. Rubio is probably going to outlast Jeb Bush (and inherit his support), and a strong performance in Iowa OR New Hampshire will make him the front-runner. Beyond that, Kasich has a strong organization but little energy, Christie hasn't found any momentum, and Fiorina is hanging around to get veep consideration. I think Rand Paul made a mistake not going to the undercard, as he would have been dominant there. Paul still should make it to Super Tuesday.

Carson, Santorum, Huckabee and Carson are toast.

Hedley Lamarr: You said "Carson" twice.

TJ: I like Carson!

Hedley Lamarr: Kinky!

Toasting Carson twice is how you get him so dark.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 04:00:23 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 15, 2016, 03:30:05 PM
New York Values.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/ted-cruzs-new-york-values-moment-could-cost-him/2016/01/15/

After the full exploitation of 9/11 by conservatives, "New York values" was changed to "East Coast elites". Cruz is just old school.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 09:13:26 PM »
I can't help but feel that the terribleness of the candidates is somewhat reflective of the election process.

Basically, we've made the process of running for President so terrible that having some sort of mental deficiency is practically a prerequisite.

How else to explain that the current front runners are a delusional, megalomaniacal troll like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, whose campaign is
so blatantly, cynically calculated that a 1960s tobacco executive would be taken aback by it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 06:55:15 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 15, 2016, 04:00:23 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 15, 2016, 03:30:05 PM
New York Values.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/ted-cruzs-new-york-values-moment-could-cost-him/2016/01/15/

After the full exploitation of 9/11 by conservatives, "New York values" was changed to "East Coast elites". Cruz is just old school.

The good thing about that exchange is that I started rewatching West Wing last night.
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 06:57:03 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 15, 2016, 09:13:26 PM
I can't help but feel that the terribleness of the candidates is somewhat reflective of the election process.

Basically, we've made the process of running for President so terrible that having some sort of mental deficiency is practically a prerequisite.

How else to explain that the current front runners are a delusional, megalomaniacal troll like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, whose campaign is
so blatantly, cynically calculated that a 1960s tobacco executive would be taken aback by it.

The American system is broken for sure. Something I've come to appreciate about the Canadian system is how fast it is. This summer they had their longest election cycle in over 100 years... and it was for something like 54 days.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 07:48:09 AM »

Don't blame me: I voted for Bakunin.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 16, 2016, 07:48:09 AM

I only truly support Franz of Bavaria, heir to the Stuart claim to the throne. Until those usurping bastard Windsors are overthrown and the true King brings these wayward colonies back into the realm I've got no real dog in this
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2016, 11:36:54 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2016, 11:19:09 AM

I only truly support Franz of Bavaria, heir to the Stuart claim to the throne. Until those usurping bastard Windsors are overthrown and the true King brings these wayward colonies back into the realm I've got no real dog in this

Any candidate without a dueling scar is too moderate.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 16, 2016, 11:36:54 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2016, 11:19:09 AM

Any candidate without a dueling scar is too moderate.

I could get behind a candidate that made the Service Service wear uniforms like the guy on the Beafeater Gin bottle.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
Just in case you were in any doubt: the rest of the World is half laughing, and half aghast at America.  We used to think Slivio Berlusconi was a international embarrassment, and then along came the GOP nomination race.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2016, 12:09:12 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 16, 2016, 12:07:43 PM
Just in case you were in any doubt: the rest of the World is half laughing, and half aghast at America.  We used to think Slivio Berlusconi was a international embarrassment, and then along came the GOP nomination race.

Frankly, anyone in America that isn't half-laughing, half-aghast is suspect in my book.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2016, 01:06:48 PM »

No one cares what Australians think. Go USA!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on January 16, 2016, 01:06:48 PM

No one cares what Australians think. Go USA!

I wondered how long it would take for someone to get ever-so-slightly butthurt about what I'd said, and considering it's the weekend, that's quicker than I expected, so well done.  My money was on SKO or Dubbs, though.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 16, 2016, 12:09:12 PM

Frankly, anyone in America that isn't half-laughing, half-aghast is suspect in my book.

I was there initially, but I'm starting to move more towards 1/3 laughing, 2/3 aghast levels.