News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,005 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 12:56:13 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 15, 2016, 12:51:07 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2016, 10:45:43 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 10:44:06 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 15, 2016, 10:24:37 AM
Quote from: Slaky on January 15, 2016, 10:19:32 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 10:10:23 AM
So, are we not doing this?  

I'm pretty much the least political person around, but I'm completely embarrassed by basically all candidates on both sides.

Certainly embarrassed by anyone who appears to have an actual chance (assuming Bernie doesn't actually have a chance and that, of anyone, I might not be completely revolted by him.)

I feel the same way. Hillary is pretty awful. The guys on the right are just hopeless human beings.

What a country.

We're all looking for "least vile". 'Murica.

I haven't been super pleased with the Obama administration (maybe better as of late) but I'd have been very down with a Biden candidacy.

He appears to be a very decent man.

There are rumors he may jump in if Hillary loses Iowa. I'm half tempted to caucus for Bernie just because of that. Biden's the guy I'd definitely hate least out of all of these candidates.

Ship has sailed. He has missed the deadline in a number of states. Sorry!

Only way he gets in is if somehow he thinks he can force a second ballot at the Convention. Wasserman-Schultz is going to make shitsure the Hillary Coronation goes according to plan.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 12:58:46 PM »
I wish O'Malley had gotten a bit more of a chance.

He seems like an okay guy, based on the little I know of him*

*Basically, his Wikipedia page.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 01:01:18 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 12:58:46 PM
I wish O'Malley had gotten a bit more of a chance.

He seems like an okay guy, based on the little I know of him*

*Basically, his Wikipedia page.

I would have liked an Elizabeth Warren/O'Malley ticket, also based mostly on Wikipedia.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2016, 12:53:37 PM

I'm pretty much the least political person around, but I'm completely embarrassed by basically all candidates on both sides.

Certainly embarrassed by anyone who appears to have an actual chance (assuming Bernie doesn't actually have a chance and that, of anyone, I might not be completely revolted by him.)

I feel the same way. Hillary is pretty awful. The guys on the right are just hopeless human beings.

What a country.

I haven't been super pleased with the Obama administration (maybe better as of late) but I'd have been very down with a Biden candidacy.

There are rumors he may jump in if Hillary loses Iowa. I'm half tempted to caucus for Bernie just because of that. Biden's the guy I'd definitely hate least out of all of these candidates.

So, I've been wondering -- what do you do, as a right-ward person who isn't a sociopath? What are you going to do if Trump is actually the nominee?

Agreed - I'm trying to truly understand the best case for conservatives right now.

Even Morph has said he won't vote for Trump, and he's basically turned into a caricature. 

I still would describe myself as mostly a fiscally conservative, socially liberal person. I voted for Romney in 2012 and he was my candidate in 2008. The last few years have just been so unbelievably embarrassing that I really just want this election be like the death of the Whigs in the 1850s, with the splintering of fiscal conservatives and the religious right, and have a new, less crazy center-right party emerge from it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 01:37:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2016, 01:07:05 PM
I still would describe myself as mostly a fiscally conservative, socially liberal person.

https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/463132110006784000

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 01:43:12 PM »

What a country.

So, I've been wondering -- what do you do, as a right-ward person who isn't a sociopath? What are you going to do if Trump is actually the nominee?

What's the best answer to this: I don't answer hypotheticals? Despite polling being what it is, I don't think Trump will ultimately get the nomination. I'm not sure how organized his ground game is, and his strength seems to be as an insult comic.

A Trump nomination would make Jim Webb's run much more interesting.

Cruz has traction, but I don't see him winning a general election. Rubio is probably going to outlast Jeb Bush (and inherit his support), and a strong performance in Iowa OR New Hampshire will make him the front-runner. Beyond that, Kasich has a strong organization but little energy, Christie hasn't found any momentum, and Fiorina is hanging around to get veep consideration. I think Rand Paul made a mistake not going to the undercard, as he would have been dominant there. Paul still should make it to Super Tuesday.

Carson, Santorum, Huckabee and Carson are toast.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2016, 01:37:11 PM
I still would describe myself as mostly a fiscally conservative, socially liberal person.

Yeah to be honest I'm not even sure how I would define either of those terms anymore. Frankly I prefer not to have to degrade myself by explaining anything about my personality or beliefs within the insane framework of american politics.

At this point I could care where you land on either side of the spectrum, I'll just vote for whoever actually seems like the better human being.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 01:51:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2016, 01:50:59 PM

Yeah to be honest I'm not even sure how I would define either of those terms anymore. Frankly I prefer not to have to degrade myself by explaining anything about my personality or beliefs within the insane framework of american politics.

At this point I could care where you land on either side of the spectrum, I'll just vote for whoever actually seems like the better human being.

Heard Trueblood is on the spectrum.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2016, 01:51:58 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2016, 01:50:59 PM

Heard Trueblood is on the spectrum.

I lol'd, like, really loudly.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 15, 2016, 01:43:12 PM

What a country.

What's the best answer to this: I don't answer hypotheticals? Despite polling being what it is, I don't think Trump will ultimately get the nomination. I'm not sure how organized his ground game is, and his strength seems to be as an insult comic.

Cruz has traction, but I don't see him winning a general election. Rubio is probably going to outlast Jeb Bush (and inherit his support), and a strong performance in Iowa OR New Hampshire will make him the front-runner. Beyond that, Kasich has a strong organization but little energy, Christie hasn't found any momentum, and Fiorina is hanging around to get veep consideration. I think Rand Paul made a mistake not going to the undercard, as he would have been dominant there. Paul still should make it to Super Tuesday.

Based on last night's debate, it's basically developing into a three horse race. I think the GOP's best shot would be Rubio getting the nomination and filling the ticket with Kasich.

That might be enough to hang onto all the Romney states and pick up Ohio and Florida.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 03:02:30 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 15, 2016, 02:49:30 PM
Based on last night's debate, it's basically developing into a three horse race. I think the GOP's best shot would be Rubio getting the nomination and filling the ticket with Kasich.

That might be enough to hang onto all the Romney states and pick up Ohio and Florida.

That all makes sense and the possibility makes me vaguely nervous.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 03:10:38 PM »

What a country.

TJ Brown--

Who
are you crappin'?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 15, 2016, 03:10:38 PM

What a country.

TJ Brown--

Who
are you crappin'?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 03:16:09 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 15, 2016, 02:49:30 PM

What a country.

If Rubio survives, and I have a hard time seeing it, he beats Hillary (if she gets that far). Hillary beats the rest of the field.  I actually think Sanders could beat just about anyone in the GOOP field accept Rubio or Bush.

Kasich is the only guy on the GOP side I could actually vote for.  Cruz' Jew baiting makes me fucking despise him. "New York Values" has a meaning beyond "liberal."  Fuck that asswipe.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 03:17:30 PM »

What a country.

Hedley Lamarr: You said "Carson" twice.

TJ: I like Carson!

Hedley Lamarr: Kinky!