News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Watchmen  ( 11,411 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Watchmen
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on March 09, 2009, 11:23:16 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 09, 2009, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: RV on March 09, 2009, 09:51:48 AM
Quote from: Jon on March 09, 2009, 09:47:08 AM
Quote from: RV on March 09, 2009, 09:08:41 AM
Since Jon isn't enough of a whore to link to his thoughts, I'll do it for him since I agree with pretty much everything that loser has to say.

http://thundermatt.com/2009/03/thunder-matt-movie-minute-watchmen.html

I can't believe people were complaining that HE CHANGEDZ DA ENDINGZ OH NOEZ! The movie was ridiculously faithful to the source material, almost to a fault. Specifically, I thought the end stayed true to the book, but on screen seemed pretty talk-y and not that awesome.

I'm with Jon in that I really enjoyed it having read the book, but couldn't help but thinking if you hadn't read it, you might have been a bit bogged down by what was going on.

Anybody see it who hasn't read the graphic novel? Interested to hear what you thought. Unless you're Weebs.

Thanks for keeping the pimp hand strong, RV. But you didn't whore out my OTHER review: http://the-slog.blogspot.com/2009/03/spoiler-laden-watchmen-review.html

Your picture just reminded me...some dork sitting next to me at the IMAX was dressed up in a full Rorschach costume and left his mask on for the ENTIRE movie. God damn LARPnerds.

How could he see the screen?

He didn't have to see it.   He obviously has the story memorized, pictures and all, and he could FEEL what was going on. 
Just as well.

He would have been disgusted at the coddled liberals surrounding him, shoving popcorn into their fat faces.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 11:32:42 PM »

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 12:21:31 AM »
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 09:07:59 AM »

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 07, 2009, 09:11:24 PM
Intrepid Reader: IrishYeti:

It needed more blue dong.

How could I miss this? I guess I need to check some of these movie threads more often. Yes it did. When he was in his 200 ft tall state, I was disappointed that he was wearing underwear. It could have been a 30 ft dong that could kick the world's ass.

As far as the movie, it was ok. Possibly a little long for what the story really contained

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on March 22, 2009, 11:59:56 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 07, 2009, 09:11:24 PM
Intrepid Reader: IrishYeti:

It needed more blue dong.

How could I miss this? I guess I need to check some of these movie threads more often. Yes it did. When he was in his 200 ft tall state, I was disappointed that he was wearing underwear. It could have been a 30 ft dong that could kick the world's ass.

As far as the movie, it was ok. Possibly a little long for what the story really contained

What most impressed me was that the Watchmen CGI wizards actually went to the trouble to model the physics of dong waggle.

Unless that was just more fruit of their Dr. Manhattan motion capture. In which case: Bravo to Billy Crudup for his total devotion to the actor's craft.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »
Just saw it at the IMAX...  Very cool.  Wasn't bothered at all by the non-squid ending (thought it was much ado about nothing anyway).  Malin Ackerman is hot.  Very hot.  JEH was a great Rorschach.  The only part that I thought didn't play well was the Dr. Manhattan flashbacks. 

And I hear Harvey Keitel played Dr. Manhatten's penis.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20:42 PM »
Great movie.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 09:58:18 AM »
Been watching the poop out of this on HBO. I love this movie. I actually picked up the novel and now I'm the nerd reading a large comic book in public. Go me.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 20, 2010, 09:58:18 AM
Been watching the poop out of this on HBO. I love this movie. I actually picked up the novel and now I'm the nerd reading a large comic book in public. Go me.
I try to read my copy in the warm, dank privacy of a basement.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 11:21:16 AM »

Can't wait to watch the director's cut on my hi-fi Blumpkin-Raymond player.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 20, 2010, 11:21:16 AM

Can't wait to watch the director's cut on my hi-fi Blumpkin-Raymond player.

I legally (read: illegally) downloaded that on my Apple Fagintosh and it's religulous. They added a bunch of gore.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 12:34:20 PM »
CT recently saw this movie.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 01:14:26 PM »

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 20, 2010, 01:14:26 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 20, 2010, 12:34:20 PM
CT recently saw this movie.

VERY recently.

When I asked his opinion, he was heard to remark: "Present."