News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: We'll All Want To Have Albert Almora's Babies in 2016 Thread  ( 21,912 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: We'll All Want To Have Albert Almora's Babies in 2016 Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2016, 08:09:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 21, 2016, 07:15:18 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 20, 2016, 10:08:00 PM
That was a rough TOOTBLAN. Game would be tied. But a kickass double.

That sucked but I don't blame Albert. The ball looked like it was going to go to the backstop, just bad luck it hit the ump and it still took a perfect throw to get him. The real question is why the fuck did Coghlan stay at first while that was going on.

Can there be a SOTBLAN (Stood On The Base Like A Nincompoop)?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »
First MLB homer BUMP
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2016, 01:10:51 AM »
Bumping this for a really heads up read on what should've been a routine flyball out.

Advancing to second forced the IBB to Rizzo, and set the table for Zobrist and Montero.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2017, 11:13:38 PM »
Nice stealing of a HR tonight. Guess that's what they mean by "run prevention".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2017, 09:09:42 AM »
The kid's been a better hitter than most of us would have expected.  His approach has been pleasant.

Conversely, however, I haven't seen anything with his glove that has warranted all of the hype.  He's good, but he's not the elite defender we were expecting--in spite of showing some flashes in last year's playoffs.  I'm struck by the fact that he doesn't seem to have the greatest first step.  Also, since he's not very fast (disappointingly so) I don't think it's such a great idea for him to play so shallow.  With better positioning and a better first step (which, again, he simply might not possess) he runs down that ball that Legares tagged off Strop and catches it without a circus attempt.  Maybe having Heyward in right has spoiled us, but it'd sure be swell if Albert had nearly as a good of a first step as Jhey does.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2017, 12:26:50 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on June 15, 2017, 09:09:42 AM
The kid's been a better hitter than most of us would have expected.  His approach has been pleasant.

Conversely, however, I haven't seen anything with his glove that has warranted all of the hype.  He's good, but he's not the elite defender we were expecting--in spite of showing some flashes in last year's playoffs.  I'm struck by the fact that he doesn't seem to have the greatest first step.  Also, since he's not very fast (disappointingly so) I don't think it's such a great idea for him to play so shallow.  With better positioning and a better first step (which, again, he simply might not possess) he runs down that ball that Legares tagged off Strop and catches it without a circus attempt.  Maybe having Heyward in right has spoiled us, but it'd sure be swell if Albert had nearly as a good of a first step as Jhey does.

Maybe he's got a bit of JI in him.
TIME TO POST!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2017, 02:24:40 PM »

Defensive scouting reports on minor leaguers are spotty. Javy was branded as a poor defender, Addison was labeled as mediocre and likely to need to move to 2B. It can work the other way, too.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 15, 2017, 02:24:40 PM

Defensive scouting reports on minor leaguers are spotty. Javy was branded as a poor defender, Addison was labeled as mediocre and likely to need to move to 2B. It can work the other way, too.

How are his route efficiency numbers?
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »
Bump for a dong off MadBum...

329/420/500 vs lefties going into today's festivities.
TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2017, 11:10:37 AM »
(extreme BH I was at the game with Slezak so please listen to my opinion voice)

That pinch hit is one of the moments I'm going to remember a few years from now when we look back on this run. Full count, crowd on its feet, Almora hits a rope, Zobrist's slow ass has to dodge said rope which immediately made me doubt his ability to score, and all of it topped off with Albert going nuts at first. That was incredible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 10, 2017, 11:10:37 AM

That pinch hit is one of the moments I'm going to remember a few years from now when we look back on this run. Full count, crowd on its feet, Almora hits a rope, Zobrist's slow ass has to dodge said rope which immediately made me doubt his ability to score, and all of it topped off with Albert going nuts at first. That was incredible.

That was a great moment where Joe let Dusty pick his poison - a righty against Schwarber or a lefty against Almora.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2017, 11:50:06 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 10, 2017, 11:47:16 AM

That was a great moment where Joe let Dusty pick his poison - a righty against Schwarber or a lefty against Almora.

I actually think he chose wrong. I understand him being afraid of the Schwarbomb but get a reliever like Madson in there to throw high heat vs Kyle and you have a better shot of striking him out, whereas Al tends to make very good contact vs lefties and they only needed a single to tie.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 10, 2017, 11:50:06 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 10, 2017, 11:47:16 AM

I actually think he chose wrong. I understand him being afraid of the Schwarbomb but get a reliever like Madson in there to throw high heat vs Kyle and you have a better shot of striking him out, whereas Al tends to make very good contact vs lefties and they only needed a single to tie.

It's almost as if Dusty has a long history of terrible in-game decisions.
TIME TO POST!