News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: National Tonkoon's Vacation  ( 51,684 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: National Tonkoon's Vacation
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 11:16:59 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 30, 2014, 05:54:44 AM
Ideally, we'd like to be somewhere with the boundaries of the El - I don't want to be dependent on the fucking Metra for getting anywhere. If we could find something within shouting distance of the lake and/or Downtown or the North Side, so much the better.

How Dubbsian are you? I can start running local ads and inquire with the local Serbian mafia if you like, but if the fucking Metra is a fucking problem, you'd have to fucking learn how to use the fucking bus, if you fucking get my fucking drift.

[Edit.—Eh, fuck it, I'll check with the Serbian mafia all the same. They're... connected.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 02:01:01 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 31, 2014, 11:16:59 PM
Ideally, we'd like to be somewhere with the boundaries of the El - I don't want to be dependent on the fucking Metra for getting anywhere. If we could find something within shouting distance of the lake and/or Downtown or the North Side, so much the better.

How Dubbsian are you? I can start running local ads and inquire with the local Serbian mafia if you like, but if the fucking Metra is a fucking problem, you'd have to fucking learn how to use the fucking bus, if you fucking get my fucking drift.

[Edit.—Eh, fuck it, I'll check with the Serbian mafia all the same. They're... connected.]

God, this is good.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 09:33:49 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 01, 2015, 02:01:01 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on December 31, 2014, 11:16:59 PM

God, this is good.

We can shut it down. That's already the post of the year.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 31, 2014, 05:37:03 PM
Quote from: Fork on December 31, 2014, 12:46:42 PM
Quote from: Brownie on December 31, 2014, 12:20:43 PM
Here's another: http://www.vrbo.com/290256

Shit, for that much ched you can stay in our house and we'll bunk up at the Best Western.

$3600 a month wasn't a ton more than the Evanston condo.

Yeah, but it's West Rogers Park - the map shows it just west of Clark.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 02, 2015, 09:03:08 AM

Shit, for that much ched you can stay in our house and we'll bunk up at the Best Western.

Eh, cross that one off the list then.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 08:58:29 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 02, 2015, 09:03:08 AM

Barely. That's like a 10 minute walk from Jarvis, Howard and the Metra.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:05 AM »
Is this still gonna hai?

Because we could totes do a Morans group buy for a Cub game before hitting the Cheesecake Factory.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, 05:36:18 AM »
We're still figuring out logistics, still haven't figured out an affordable place to stay, and I still haven't discussed it with my boss: but apart from that, we're good to go.

In all seriousness: yes, we're still planning on this.  We'd rather not have to drop a grand a week on accommodation, but it looks like that's what it's going to cost, one way or another.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2015, 07:22:27 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 12, 2015, 05:36:18 AM
We're still figuring out logistics, still haven't figured out an affordable place to stay, and I still haven't discussed it with my boss: but apart from that, we're good to go.

In all seriousness: yes, we're still planning on this.  We'd rather not have to drop a grand a week on accommodation, but it looks like that's what it's going to cost, one way or another.

This is available for half your trip. Walk to Wrigley Field. https://m.airbnb.com/reservations/create/3847839

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:35 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 12, 2015, 07:22:27 AM

This is available for half your trip. Walk to Wrigley Field. https://m.airbnb.com/reservations/create/3847839

That actually looks about perfect.  Where can you see when it's available or not?  I can't figure it out...  Might be able to double up with another place either side of a trip to Colomarado.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 08:54:32 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 12, 2015, 08:18:35 AM

That actually looks about perfect.  Where can you see when it's available or not?  I can't figure it out...  Might be able to double up with another place either side of a trip to Colomarado.

Here's the non-mobile version:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3847839

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 09:26:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 12, 2015, 08:54:32 AM
Quote from: Tonker on February 12, 2015, 08:18:35 AM

Here's the non-mobile version:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3847839

As far as I can make out, it's available pretty much the whole of July and August.  Sweet!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 08:38:51 AM »
FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED.  THIS IS HAPPENING, MY FRENTS.

We arrive on Monday 13th July and fly back on Tuesday 18th August.  Five full weeks in the ISA!

We still don't have any accommodation booked and will likely be booking from week to week as we're doing at least two road trips and maybe more.  So, if anybody needs their house sitting while they're away this summer, or knows of somebody who does, look no further.  The flights have cost us getting on for €4k and we're getting raped on the exchange rate, so every penny we now have to spend on accommodation will be a penny we can't spend on glorious Midwestern food.  Will nobody think of the BBBQ?

Also, if you'd all like to bear us in mind for your social calendar, that would be fantastic.  We will turn down (almost) no invitation and will happily pay our way, be it local events, Cubs games, dinner or drinks.  I know I'm a cunt, but STonk and the kids are really nice.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 09:04:56 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 09, 2015, 08:38:51 AM

We arrive on Monday 13th July and fly back on Tuesday 18th August.  Five full weeks in the ISA!

We still don't have any accommodation booked and will likely be booking from week to week as we're doing at least two road trips and maybe more.  So, if anybody needs their house sitting while they're away this summer, or knows of somebody who does, look no further.  The flights have cost us getting on for €4k and we're getting raped on the exchange rate, so every penny we now have to spend on accommodation will be a penny we can't spend on glorious Midwestern food.  Will nobody think of the BBBQ?

Also, if you'd all like to bear us in mind for your social calendar, that would be fantastic.  We will turn down (almost) no invitation and will happily pay our way, be it local events, Cubs games, dinner or drinks.  I know I'm a cunt, but STonk and the kids are really nice.

All signs point to a family free July for this guy so you may get sick of me.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:14 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 09, 2015, 08:38:51 AM

Work-wise, it's literally the worst time for me, but I can at least squeeze weekends up in Chicago out of the lady.

"Hey, want to visit your 3 month old niece? I'm going to go party with an Australian, k darlin?"