News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks 2010-11 Title Defense/Capocalypse/Kyle Beach Murder Thread  ( 63,007 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This never woulda happened if dey had Bufflien. I told you all from DAY ONE.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on April 17, 2011, 05:15:49 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 17, 2011, 04:36:26 PM
And we are grasping at straws:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/17/blackhawks-put-68-john-scott-into-lineup-for-game-3-is-he-the-new-dustin-byfuglien/

No, he is not Dustin Byfuglien who actually had talent and got ice time. Scott's pregame interview (as if he should have been allowed to speak) was embarrassing. Claiming he beat up a few Canucks. Way to go man. We need goals you shit stack.

Why the fuck isn't Klinkhammer playing?

Watching Scott skate around the zone looking for a Canuck to hit is like watching an ox try to hunt antelope.

Steve Konroyd seems to enjoy him though.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on April 17, 2011, 08:05:00 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 17, 2011, 05:15:49 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 17, 2011, 04:36:26 PM
And we are grasping at straws:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/17/blackhawks-put-68-john-scott-into-lineup-for-game-3-is-he-the-new-dustin-byfuglien/

No, he is not Dustin Byfuglien who actually had talent and got ice time. Scott's pregame interview (as if he should have been allowed to speak) was embarrassing. Claiming he beat up a few Canucks. Way to go man. We need goals you shit stack.

Why the fuck isn't Klinkhammer playing?

Watching Scott skate around the zone looking for a Canuck to hit is like watching an ox try to hunt antelope. shoot a wrister from the slot is akin to watching juan pierre taking a home run swing or something

Steve Konroyd seems to enjoy him though.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2011, 07:01:03 PM
This never woulda happened if dey had Bufflien. I told you all from DAY ONE.

Great minds think alike?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Miserable.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Speaking of the guy whose name appears in the thread title, why not go full meatball and just call up that idiot Beach and let him throw his elbows at the Sedin Sisters or something?  Torres' hit aside, Vancouver is hitting the shit out of the Hawks cleanly, and outside of Seabrook and that retarded and useless monster Scott, the Hawks don't seem to be able to match that.  Frankly, it's getting tiring to watch.

After this season I hope to never see Scott, Pisani and Stallberg.  Yes, I know Stallberg does some good thing on offense, but that guy has had some backbreaking turnovers.

Vancouver has proven to be so much better than the Hawks that I don't think Bolland would have made any difference in this series.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on April 18, 2011, 11:20:19 AM
Speaking of the guy whose name appears in the thread title, why not go full meatball and just call up that idiot Beach and let him throw his elbows at the Sedin Sisters or something?  Torres' hit aside, Vancouver is hitting the shit out of the Hawks cleanly, and outside of Seabrook and that retarded and useless monster Scott, the Hawks don't seem to be able to match that.  Frankly, it's getting tiring to watch.

After this season I hope to never see Scott, Pisani and Stallberg.  Yes, I know Stallberg does some good thing on offense, but that guy has had some backbreaking turnovers.

Vancouver has proven to be so much better than the Hawks that I don't think Bolland would have made any difference in this series.

I'd like to see them win a game by the crazy method of playing better hockey but that seems like a remote possibility.

After I get over the fact that the Hawks are about to be swept by the goddamn Canucks, I eagerly await the changes Bowman has planned. I think it should be pretty clear what the problem is and he'd better have a damn good answer to fix it. And no more of this bullshit Rockford Shuffle. Manage the cap like you're supposed to.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Stalberg's a bit lower on my shit list. He's not remotely indispensable, but I haven't found him to be as totally fucking useless as Frolik has been since joining the team. Particularly at their respective price tags.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 18, 2011, 11:39:31 AM

Stalberg's a bit lower on my shit list. He's not remotely indispensable, but I haven't found him to be as totally fucking useless as Frolik has been since joining the team. Particularly at their respective price tags.

Frolik is Vrbata. One day we'll look up and see him on another team scoring 25 goals and be all, WTF? Then we will remember that between those goals he's a worthless fucking nobody. I hate Frolik, in case you can't tell.

Stalberg is ok, honestly. I don't mind if he sticks around. He's a good third line winger at a good price.

Everyone else that's not Sharp, Toews, Kane and Hossa as far as forwards go is expendable. Bolland, heal up so Stan can find ANYONE to take you.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 18, 2011, 11:39:31 AM

Frolik--I totally forgot to mention him.  Useless.

And I agree about Stallberg.  I'm mostly mad at his ill-timed turnovers but he does seem to have the makings of a pretty good offensive player.  Let's just replace Stallberg with Frolik on that shit-list and go from there.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Fuck Stalberg, Frolik and a bunch of those other guys.

Smith and Kruger (provided Markus gets his ass into the weight room) can be servicable third liners.

as for the fourth line, next year is when the Hawks drop the KLINKHAMMER!!!

As for everything else, once the NHLPA approves the escalator, the Cap jumps to $62.2MM, A couple RFA signings basically give you this:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m)
Ben Smith ($0.812m) / Bryan Bickell ($0.541m) / Troy Brouwer ($2.000m)
Robert Klinkhammer ($0.500m) / Jake Dowell ($0.600m) / Kyle Beach ($1.170m)
/ Jeremy Morin ($0.916m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brian Campbell ($7.142m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)
Nick Leddy ($1.116m) / John Scott ($0.512m)
Chris Campoli ($1.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.000m) / Backup Goalie ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,702,169; BONUSES: $1,190,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,497,831

If Stan doesn't ice a decent team next year, it's nobody's fault but his own.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I get the feeling Beach is never going to play for the Hawks. I'm not particularly enamored with Dowell or Bickell either. Bicks has to be the biggest six-foor-four pussy this side of me. Also, on D, I'm ok with that top six minus John Scott.

I still would like to see if they can find someone to take Bolland's cap hit. He's only got three years left I believe which isn't too bad. I'm guessing his recent head woes mean he won't exactly help his value. Maybe even trade Hammer. They can find cheaper vets to play on the blue line if they look hard enough.

Morin needs to recover from a concussion of his own. I'm not suggesting he won't but I sure hope he does. He can be a nice contributor next season.

Still, with all those players the depth is mediocre at best.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Hawks are stuck with Bolland for at least another year.

Trading Hjalmarsson is certainly a move that's easy to positive, especially of they can get a cheap, short-term option at that spot until Dylan Olsen is ready.

Hopefully, we don't think about the offseason in earnest for a few days yet.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on April 18, 2011, 02:18:20 PM
The Hawks are stuck with Bolland for at least another year.

Trading Hjalmarsson is certainly a move that's easy to positive, especially of they can get a cheap, short-term option at that spot until Dylan Olsen is ready.

Hopefully, we don't think about the offseason in earnest for a few days yet.

I'm beginning to agree with Fels. Pull the plug on this. It's hard to watch.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The NHL and NBC are announcing a 10 year $2 billion deal today.

Part of the deal is Versus being renamed the NBC Sports Network.

The Booyah Network gets shut out.
TIME TO POST!