News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fat Guys Rejoice, It's the Marlon Byrd Sploogefest  ( 13,614 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fat Guys Rejoice, It's the Marlon Byrd Sploogefest
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
Suhpuhlooooooggggeeee

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2010, 06:22:21 PM »
Quote from: powen01 on July 14, 2010, 07:35:24 PM
Quote from: PenPho on July 14, 2010, 07:19:26 PM
Quote from: powen01 on July 14, 2010, 07:02:54 PM
Joey Votto:  Still a dick.

Okay, now I can laugh at this and not feel bad at all.

Just makes you wonder what kind of mental bender he would have taken if he had not been selected to the All Star team.  Anybody remember his little bitch fest and tossing from the game in Chicago when he heard he had not yet made the team?  The guy is a little bitch.  I hate the Reds. 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1173624/index.htm

QuoteAll The Right Moves

Professional, polite, eager to please—could Joey Votto be more perfect? An MVP and an end to the Reds' playoff drought wouldn't hurt

QuoteOtherwise, though, Votto can be hard to notice. If you're tired of the sportscape's many cases of arrested development, indifference and look-at-me-itis, Votto is your elixir. As he often says, "Baseball is just my job." And he treats it as such, preparing meticulously, taking pride in his work, harboring ambition while avoiding office politics. "He's a good teammate, but he keeps to himself," says Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips. "He tells you only what he thinks you need to know. There's nothing wrong with that."

It's not that Votto is aloof. Far from it. Sitting in front of his conspicuously tidy locker in the Reds' clubhouse a few hours before a game, he holds forth on a range of subjects, the dinner-party guest you feel fortunate to be seated alongside. And for all his professional drive, he's not ruthless. "He's as polite as anyone I've ever met," says Baker.

Votto's indifference to image can bite him sometimes. Despite leading the National League in home runs, slugging and on-base percentage in the first half this year, he was nearly left off the All-Star team. Votto was passed over in the selection of starters and reserves in favor of three higher-profile first basemen, Albert Pujols, Ryan Howard and Adrian Gonzalez. Irate, the Reds launched a campaign for him in the fan vote for the last roster spot, outfitting every team employee with a VOTE VOTTO T-shirt. Votto appreciated the support but—giving new zest to the phrase Cincinnati red—was embarrassed by the attention. "It kind of became a popularity contest," he told reporters. "It's not really the route I'd like to go to get to the All-Star Game."

Thanks in small part to ballot stuffing by Baker's 11-year-old son, Darren, Votto was a late addition. He went 0 for 2; he also caused a minor stir when he declined to congratulate Chicago outfielder Marlon Byrd for a nice defensive play because Byrd plays for a division rival. "I don't like the Cubs," Votto told a reporter. Votto says that he was ribbing the reporter, who he knew was from Chicago. Still, that Votto had to explain the joke says plenty about his reputation for intensity.

Votto's earnestness and clean living play well in measured and reserved southern Ohio. Men relate to him. (Hell, even his bristly crewcut conforms with the local hairstyle of choice.) Women walk around with FUTURE MRS. VOTTO T-shirts. And Votto is happy playing in a small city/big town, where hassles are few and he can stroll to the ballpark from his apartment and walk his dog along the Ohio River. "You can get your city fix on the road," he says.

"Giving new zest to the phrase Cincinnati red."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 25, 2010, 06:22:21 PM

Just makes you wonder what kind of mental bender he would have taken if he had not been selected to the All Star team.  Anybody remember his little bitch fest and tossing from the game in Chicago when he heard he had not yet made the team?  The guy is a little bitch.  I hate the Reds. 

QuoteAll The Right Moves

Professional, polite, eager to please—could Joey Votto be more perfect? An MVP and an end to the Reds' playoff drought wouldn't hurt

QuoteOtherwise, though, Votto can be hard to notice. If you're tired of the sportscape's many cases of arrested development, indifference and look-at-me-itis, Votto is your elixir. As he often says, "Baseball is just my job." And he treats it as such, preparing meticulously, taking pride in his work, harboring ambition while avoiding office politics. "He's a good teammate, but he keeps to himself," says Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips. "He tells you only what he thinks you need to know. There's nothing wrong with that."

It's not that Votto is aloof. Far from it. Sitting in front of his conspicuously tidy locker in the Reds' clubhouse a few hours before a game, he holds forth on a range of subjects, the dinner-party guest you feel fortunate to be seated alongside. And for all his professional drive, he's not ruthless. "He's as polite as anyone I've ever met," says Baker.

Votto's indifference to image can bite him sometimes. Despite leading the National League in home runs, slugging and on-base percentage in the first half this year, he was nearly left off the All-Star team. Votto was passed over in the selection of starters and reserves in favor of three higher-profile first basemen, Albert Pujols, Ryan Howard and Adrian Gonzalez. Irate, the Reds launched a campaign for him in the fan vote for the last roster spot, outfitting every team employee with a VOTE VOTTO T-shirt. Votto appreciated the support but—giving new zest to the phrase Cincinnati red—was embarrassed by the attention. "It kind of became a popularity contest," he told reporters. "It's not really the route I'd like to go to get to the All-Star Game."

Thanks in small part to ballot stuffing by Baker's 11-year-old son, Darren, Votto was a late addition. He went 0 for 2; he also caused a minor stir when he declined to congratulate Chicago outfielder Marlon Byrd for a nice defensive play because Byrd plays for a division rival. "I don't like the Cubs," Votto told a reporter. Votto says that he was ribbing the reporter, who he knew was from Chicago. Still, that Votto had to explain the joke says plenty about his reputation for intensity.

Votto's earnestness and clean living play well in measured and reserved southern Ohio. Men relate to him. (Hell, even his bristly crewcut conforms with the local hairstyle of choice.) Women walk around with FUTURE MRS. VOTTO T-shirts. And Votto is happy playing in a small city/big town, where hassles are few and he can stroll to the ballpark from his apartment and walk his dog along the Ohio River. "You can get your city fix on the road," he says.

So...if you're tired of indifference, then you should embrace someone who says "Baseball is just my job"?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2010, 06:39:36 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 25, 2010, 06:25:28 PM

QuoteAll The Right Moves

So...if you're tired of indifference, then you should embrace someone who says "Baseball is just my job"?

Pen prefers someone who's more "in your face", like say, Eric Byrnes.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 25, 2010, 06:39:36 PM

QuoteAll The Right Moves

Or drunk, abusive, in your face, and a Detroit Tiger, like Miguel Cabrera.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on August 25, 2010, 06:43:30 PM

QuoteAll The Right Moves

Guys like that grow on trees.

JMARIOTTI

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 25, 2010, 06:56:00 PM
Quote from: Night Man on August 25, 2010, 06:43:30 PM

QuoteAll The Right Moves

Guys like that grow on trees.

Abusive people are fags.
DOLAN:  Turn off the comments on this stupid fucking blog.