News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fat Guys Rejoice, It's the Marlon Byrd Sploogefest  ( 13,687 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fat Guys Rejoice, It's the Marlon Byrd Sploogefest
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2010, 08:03:59 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 15, 2010, 07:16:08 AM
(I actually considered myself a Brewers fan when they were in the AL, anyway).

Gorman Thomas was fucking bad-ass. Truth.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2010, 08:43:37 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 15, 2010, 07:43:31 AM
I don't know. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was a young Cubs player with MVP-like numerals at the break refusing to shake hands with Votto or Holliday, I'd be typing up some fauxmosecksual thread title for him right about now. If only this kind of thing would help the Cubs play better and get to .500 or at least stop taking it up the shaft against the Reds and Tards. So Votto's a dick. He's also the NL MVP right now. FML.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2010, 03:09:34 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 15, 2010, 08:43:37 AM
I don't know. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was a young Cubs player with MVP-like numerals at the break refusing to shake hands with Votto or Holliday, I'd be typing up some fauxmosecksual thread title for him right about now. If only this kind of thing would help the Cubs play better and get to .500 or at least stop taking it up the shaft against the Reds and Tards. So Votto's a dick. He's also the NL MVP right now. FML.

I'd be saying, what a dick.  It's just the All-Star Game.  Then again, my frail brain finds it very hard to deal in esoteric thought experiment hypotheticals like a young Cubs player with MVP-like numerals, so the jury's out.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2010, 03:25:05 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 15, 2010, 03:09:34 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 15, 2010, 08:43:37 AM

I'd be saying, what a dick.

Lonestar.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2010, 08:36:56 AM »

Yeah, you wouldn't know. As it happens, Votto is a Red. Not a Cub. Hence he can suck each individual dick in the bag. What if it was a Cub player? It's not. So fuck you for trying to defend him.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2010, 08:44:17 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2010, 08:36:56 AM

Yeah, you wouldn't know. As it happens, Votto is a Red. Not a Cub. Hence he can suck each individual dick in the bag. What if it was a Cub player? It's not. So fuck you for trying to defend him.

The fact that he's a Red instead of a Cub makes his being batshit entertaining rather than infuriating.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »
Eh, Byrd was asked about it and he said he was pretty sure that Votto was joking as they got along fine in the locker room.

So, I'm going to file this one under "who gives a shit?" and get back to whatever it is I'm doing.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2010, 08:58:27 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 16, 2010, 08:52:22 AM
Eh, Byrd was asked about it and he said he was pretty sure that Votto was joking as they got along fine in the locker room.

So, I'm going to file this one under "who gives a shit?" and get back to whatever it is I'm doing.

I had to get in a dig on Apex before the thread dies. So yes, now we can get back to whatever you were doing. We goin for ice cream?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2010, 08:58:27 AM

I had to get in a dig on Apex before the thread dies. So yes, now we can get back to whatever you were doing. We goin for ice cream?

Anyone else have a hankerin' for French Vanilla?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »
I want ice cream...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2010, 09:54:48 AM »
I like cheeseburgers.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 16, 2010, 09:30:09 AM

But its DEAD!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2010, 03:48:40 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 16, 2010, 03:42:27 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 16, 2010, 09:30:09 AM

But its DEAD!

It's Freedom Vanilla, you terrorist!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club