News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 364,723 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #1890 on: November 14, 2014, 11:34:09 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 14, 2014, 11:29:27 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2014, 11:22:54 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2014, 09:45:49 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 14, 2014, 09:35:27 AM
Comedy is hard.  Believe me I know.

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I really like Arguello, and Sahadev is fine but the rest of those guys annoy me for some reason.

I get Arguello and Loxas mixed up, but I just think of them both as guys who pretend to have sources and probably don't.

And if anyone ever reeked of effort, it's Brett from Bleacher Nation.

Yeah. Brett's a good writer with decent insight, but the constant LIKE ME LIKE MEEEEE drives me insane. But maybe that's because the first Cubs blogger I ever followed posts like three to four times a year despite the misleading title of "daily dose"

Whatever happened to that guy, anyway?

He started a site chronicling the red-hot DuPage/Kane improv scene.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1891 on: November 14, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I really like Arguello, and Sahadev is fine but the rest of those guys annoy me for some reason.

I get Arguello and Loxas mixed up, but I just think of them both as guys who pretend to have sources and probably don't.

Yeah. Brett's a good writer with decent insight, but the constant LIKE ME LIKE MEEEEE drives me insane. But maybe that's because the first Cubs blogger I ever followed posts like three to four times a year despite the misleading title of "daily dose"

Legend tells he moved to the wintry north to sell velvet sportcoats.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1892 on: November 14, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »
Comedy is hard.  Believe me I know.

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I think this is commonly referred to as "the Dan Bernstein."

I sincerely admire and appreciate the work ethic that has to go into Bleacher Nation - it's hands down the best source for keeping up to date on all things Cub - but yeah it's too bad that product couldn't be churned out by someone who also has a good sense of humor.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1893 on: November 14, 2014, 11:45:54 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 14, 2014, 11:44:13 AM
Comedy is hard.  Believe me I know.

Perhaps this should go into the "I Admit It" thread but like 95% of the guys who do Cubs Twitter grate on me for some indefinable reason.  I know that's a really shocking admission coming from a perpetually angry, drunken potato head but I thought I'd put it out there nonetheless.

I think this is commonly referred to as "the Dan Bernstein."

I sincerely admire and appreciate the work ethic that has to go into Bleacher Nation - it's hands down the best source for keeping up to date on all things Cub - but yeah it's too bad that product couldn't be churned out by someone who also has a good sense of humor.

None
of them have a sense of humor.  They all talk about the same thing-- the Cubs, their children/babies, and whatever craft beer they're drinking at the time.

It's like being trapped in a room with an even more insufferable PenFoe.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1894 on: November 14, 2014, 11:47:46 AM »

He was murdered by a drunken Timothy Busfield after an altercation in a bar.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1895 on: November 14, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »
And of course I'll readily acknowledge being an ingrate, for I, too, appreciate the baseball content.  Similar to what RV was saying, though, it's difficult for me not to separate the work from the arid personalities who are so graciously providing it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1896 on: November 14, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »

He writes about basketball now.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1897 on: November 14, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2014, 09:11:11 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2014, 09:02:09 AM
Scouts and everyone who has ever met/watched Almora rave about him despite his putrid numbers. I mean, I get that if he reaches his "ceiling" he's going to be great value in center field but it seems like there should be more concern than there is about just how awful he was last year. I hope he can bounce back but ranking him #4 as is seems a bit optimistic. 

After watching the Royals this year, I love the idea of a guy who can go catch everything in center field, but the value of that skill is wasted in Wrigley's tiny outfield. And for this ranking, it's like they're just pretending his last 500 at-bats never happened.

I agree that skill is not as valuable for a guy who plays half his games in Wrigley, but it can still be a tough place to play with the wind and all. So a dope ass centerfielder isn't to be scoffed at. Don't scoff, Eli. Plus if that skill plays better for teams in bigger ballparks, perhaps they'd like to make a Thed an offer. Rank him number one. Let's light this candle.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1898 on: November 14, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 14, 2014, 12:04:29 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2014, 09:11:11 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 14, 2014, 09:02:09 AM
Scouts and everyone who has ever met/watched Almora rave about him despite his putrid numbers. I mean, I get that if he reaches his "ceiling" he's going to be great value in center field but it seems like there should be more concern than there is about just how awful he was last year. I hope he can bounce back but ranking him #4 as is seems a bit optimistic. 

After watching the Royals this year, I love the idea of a guy who can go catch everything in center field, but the value of that skill is wasted in Wrigley's tiny outfield. And for this ranking, it's like they're just pretending his last 500 at-bats never happened.

I agree that skill is not as valuable for a guy who plays half his games in Wrigley, but it can still be a tough place to play with the wind and all. So a dope ass centerfielder isn't to be scoffed at. Don't scoff, Eli. Plus if that skill plays better for teams in bigger ballparks, perhaps they'd like to make a Thed an offer. Rank him number one. Let's light this candle.

That was damn near my exact thought when I saw Vogelbach in the top 10.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1899 on: November 14, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 11:33:50 AM
He began following me before I was following him (or before I was even aware of who he was), and, as soon as I reciprocated, he stopped following me, which seemed kind of cheesy to me.

He's followed and unfollowed me no less than five times.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1900 on: November 14, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 11:33:50 AM
(or before I was even aware of who he was)

Which is to say, before you knew he was Ace?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1901 on: November 14, 2014, 02:28:27 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2014, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 08:49:09 AM
Quote from: Yeti on November 14, 2014, 08:46:42 AM
BP Top Ten:
SS Addison Russell
3B Kris Bryant
OF Jorge Soler
OF Albert Almora
C Kyle Schwarber
OF Billy McKinney
RHP Pierce Johnson
SS Gleyber Torres
1B Dan Vogelbach
LHP Carson Sands

I can post additional info from the article.... or you can remember my original desipio username and "hjeforall"

No CJ Edwards?

He's going to be a reliever. Probably a very good one, but that's not top 10 material.

I think they intended Russell over Bryant to be a big shock, but I think it's totally justifiable. Almora in the 4th spot is just dumb.

I just found out that he's black. He's going to be a lot better than you guys think.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1902 on: November 14, 2014, 02:31:04 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 14, 2014, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 14, 2014, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2014, 08:49:09 AM
Quote from: Yeti on November 14, 2014, 08:46:42 AM
BP Top Ten:
SS Addison Russell
3B Kris Bryant
OF Jorge Soler
OF Albert Almora
C Kyle Schwarber
OF Billy McKinney
RHP Pierce Johnson
SS Gleyber Torres
1B Dan Vogelbach
LHP Carson Sands

I can post additional info from the article.... or you can remember my original desipio username and "hjeforall"

No CJ Edwards?

He's going to be a reliever. Probably a very good one, but that's not top 10 material.

I think they intended Russell over Bryant to be a big shock, but I think it's totally justifiable. Almora in the 4th spot is just dumb.

I just found out that he's black. He's going to be a lot better than you guys think.

Like, Key and Peele black

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1903 on: November 14, 2014, 03:54:37 PM »

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1904 on: November 14, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 14, 2014, 03:54:37 PM

Not Shut Up Paul, You're A DoucheTM?