News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chuck  ( 21,868 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chuck
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on April 07, 2009, 02:27:50 PM
The only problem I have w/ Chuck is that the episodes are mostly the same.  Chuck goes on a mission, flashes, gets caught up in spy games he shouldn't be in, saves the day humorously, insert wacky Buy More employees 3 times, 2 scenes w/ Ellie and Awesome...   That's 80% of the episodes.

It's still fun to watch, but I can see whay people are turning it off.  It's the same reason I gave up on My Name is Earl.

It's starting to stray a tad from that formula but it works for me. My Name Is Earl got awful when he went to jail. It was tolerable until then. I'd argue if they would have stayed with the formula, I might have kept watching.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 03:14:36 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 07, 2009, 02:36:28 PM
The only problem I have w/ Chuck is that the episodes are mostly the same.  Chuck goes on a mission, flashes, gets caught up in spy games he shouldn't be in, saves the day humorously, insert wacky Buy More employees 3 times, 2 scenes w/ Ellie and Awesome...   That's 80% of the episodes.

It's still fun to watch, but I can see whay people are turning it off.  It's the same reason I gave up on My Name is Earl.

It's starting to stray a tad from that formula but it works for me. My Name Is Earl got awful when he went to jail. It was tolerable until then. I'd argue if they would have stayed with the formula, I might have kept watching.

Earl and Randy crossing things off the list was a good show. Not even a bouncing Catalina makes it worth watching when they don't stick to the formula.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »

It's certainly a lot better than it was for the first 6 or 7 episodes of the series, when they didn't really have a season-long arc to follow, or at least one that went through a few episodes.  The problem is until they introduce new characters who know Chuck's secret (like his dad), the spy plots can really only include him, Sarah (needs more Yvonne), Casey, and whatever guests they have that week.  I think Morgan or Awesome or somebody else needs to know what's going on and get involved in the spy plots.  Also, they save the last 5 minutes of every episode to show Chuck once again confessing or renouncing his love for Sarah.  It all is a little formulaic, but most of the cast is entertaining to watch, so I don't really have a problem with it.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 08:42:26 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 07, 2009, 11:06:04 PM

It's certainly a lot better than it was for the first 6 or 7 episodes of the series, when they didn't really have a season-long arc to follow, or at least one that went through a few episodes.  The problem is until they introduce new characters who know Chuck's secret (like his dad), the spy plots can really only include him, Sarah (needs more Yvonne), Casey, and whatever guests they have that week.  I think Morgan or Awesome or somebody else needs to know what's going on and get involved in the spy plots.  Also, they save the last 5 minutes of every episode to show Chuck once again confessing or renouncing his love for Sarah.  It all is a little formulaic, but most of the cast is entertaining to watch, so I don't really have a problem with it.

I wonder if there will ever be a good TV show you don't ruin.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 08:56:53 AM »
Quote from: RV on April 08, 2009, 08:42:26 AM

Weebs could ruin a show called "Naked Chicks And Shit Blowing Up".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 08, 2009, 08:56:53 AM

AKA  Bruckheimer and Bay movie.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on April 08, 2009, 12:11:20 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 08, 2009, 08:56:53 AM

AKA  Bruckheimer and Bay movie.

I'm trying to think of a time I saw actual nudity in a Bruckheimer joint and I'm coming up empty.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »
Quote from: Tank on April 08, 2009, 12:21:44 PM

I'm trying to think of a time I saw actual nudity in a Bruckheimer joint and I'm coming up empty.

Ahem...
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 12:48:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 08, 2009, 12:41:55 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 08, 2009, 12:21:44 PM

Ahem...

It ain't nudity without the peckers, bro.

You know that.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2009, 09:12:19 PM »
FYC.

Wait.

Where am I?

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »
Extremely entertaining episode last night. I like how the meathead was the one to stumble onto Chuck's secret identity, and Jeff and Lester showing him Casey's perv stash was hilarious. Yvonne in her skivvies = boi oi oing.

So how are they going to get Chuck back in the spy game? Will he choose to have the intersect re-installed or something?

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:28 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 21, 2009, 11:12:15 AM
Extremely entertaining episode last night. I like how the meathead was the one to stumble onto Chuck's secret identity, and Jeff and Lester showing him Casey's perv stash was hilarious. Yvonne in her skivvies = boi oi oing.

So how are they going to get Chuck back in the spy game? Will he choose to have the intersect re-installed or something?

What did Morgan need that condom for?  The oriental broad?  Damn him. 

I bet Chuck's dad accidently puts it back in his brain.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »

Probably by canceling the show.  They seem to be setting it up to end next week.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2009, 12:12:29 PM

Probably by canceling the show.  They seem to be setting it up to end next week.

Wrong again.

Quote from: RV on April 07, 2009, 02:00:34 PM
Good interview with one of the co-creators:

QuoteIf "Chuck vs. the Ring" winds up being the last episode of the series, how do you think the fans will react?

They're going to burn their living rooms. They're going to destroy their television sets. There could be chaos across the country.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/04/chuck-chris-fedak-talks-about-rest-of.html

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 21, 2009, 12:19:16 PM
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2009, 12:12:29 PM

Wrong again.

Quote from: RV on April 07, 2009, 02:00:34 PM
Good interview with one of the co-creators:

QuoteIf "Chuck vs. the Ring" winds up being the last episode of the series, how do you think the fans will react?

They're going to burn their living rooms. They're going to destroy their television sets. There could be chaos across the country.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/04/chuck-chris-fedak-talks-about-rest-of.html

On the other hand they may say,  " 'Chuck'?  Which show was that?"
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)