News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,602 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 23, 2012, 08:50:06 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 23, 2012, 08:47:22 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 23, 2012, 08:39:43 AM
The Bears ended up getting Alshon Jeffery in the Greg Olsen trade, right? Wrong?

Help me out. Had some Cowboys fan telling me the Bears should have kept Olsen.

Wiki says that pick was from Dallas and then from St Louis before that.

DPD, that pick, being the Alshon Jeffrey pick. Olsen netted the Bears the third round pick of the Panthers, which wiki tells me the Chargers picked: "from Carolina via Chicago and Miami".

So it turned into nothing. Thanks for checking.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 23, 2012, 09:06:20 AM
The Bears ended up getting Alshon Jeffery in the Greg Olsen trade, right? Wrong?

DPD, that pick, being the Alshon Jeffrey pick. Olsen netted the Bears the third round pick of the Panthers, which wiki tells me the Chargers picked: "from Carolina via Chicago and Miami".

Well, it still could be something, but I'm not going to follow the Miami.... wait. Miami trade.. Marshall? FUCK YOU DALLAS FAN!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: October 23, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 23, 2012, 09:09:58 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 23, 2012, 09:06:20 AM

Well, it still could be something, but I'm not going to follow the Miami.... wait. Miami trade.. Marshall? FUCK YOU DALLAS FAN!

Correct. The Bears traded two No. 3s for Marshall, one of which was the 3 they received for Olsen. I've learned to hate Olsen with the fire of a thousand dragon sharts for reasons that do not exist.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: October 23, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »

They got Brandon Marshall for Greg Olsen. They traded Olsen for a 3rd. Traded that third and another third to Miami for Brandon. We'll call it a PUSH so far.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gould-field-goal-lifts-bears-203038058--nfl.html

QuoteEven though Jennings now has six interceptions, the Panthers' Smith wasn't heaping praise on him. ''I know you want to pump him up. I've been kicking his (butt) every time I've come up here and today no was different. Do you disagree? I didn't think so.''

See you next year, and the year after that you son of a bitch.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 28, 2012, 07:50:25 PM

QuoteEven though Jennings now has six interceptions, the Panthers' Smith wasn't heaping praise on him. ''I know you want to pump him up. I've been kicking his (butt) every time I've come up here and today no was different. Do you disagree? I didn't think so.''

So... Every one time?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2012, 10:18:39 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 28, 2012, 08:53:22 PM

So... Every one time?

But he ain't lyin' - that was a whoopin.

Seriously though - 0-2, Steve.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2012, 07:26:17 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2012, 10:18:39 PM

So... Every one time?

Through two games - Tim Jennings TDs - 1, Steve Smith TDs - 0

Shut up Steve.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
This game reminded me of the one against the Packers earlier this year. For most of the game, the offense sucked completely and while the defense wasn't as good as that game, they still found a way to minimize the damage. This game still pissed me off on every level. The Bears played like shit until the last quarter. When the Bears play good teams (Texans, 49ers, etc.), do they win these type of games? The answer is no.

I believe there were two personal fouls that helped the Panthers score on I believe, two drives. This lack of discipline needs to stop. I don't know why Tillman wasn't on Steve Smith during this game because Jennings couldn't stop him. I want to than the Soldier Field grass for making Steve Smith slip, letting Tim Jennings get an easy pick giving the Bears the lead.  I just had a flashback of Johnny Knox slipping on the same grass. I'll stop there.

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2012, 08:28:41 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 29, 2012, 07:51:18 AM
This game reminded me of the one against the Packers earlier this year. For most of the game, the offense sucked completely and while the defense wasn't as good as that game, they still found a way to minimize the damage. This game still pissed me off on every level. The Bears played like shit until the last quarter. When the Bears play good teams (Texans, 49ers, etc.), do they win these type of games? The answer is no.

I believe there were two personal fouls that helped the Panthers score on I believe, two drives. This lack of discipline needs to stop. I don't know why Tillman wasn't on Steve Smith during this game because Jennings couldn't stop him. I want to than the Soldier Field grass for making Steve Smith slip, letting Tim Jennings get an easy pick giving the Bears the lead.  I just had a flashback of Johnny Knox slipping on the same grass. I'll stop there.

If only we could believe this.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2012, 08:52:34 AM »
Jesus fucking christ the media in this town is going to asplode my fucking brain.

The Bears are 6-1 with the 3rd best point differential in the league. Their only loss came to a team that most would probably agree is going to end the season with a pretty good record.

Yet all I'm seeing is that they were lucky to escape with a win, this team has SERIOUS problems that need fixing and Cutler may have said something mean about fans.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 29, 2012, 08:52:34 AM
Jesus fucking christ the media in this town is going to asplode my fucking brain.

The Bears are 6-1 with the 3rd best point differential in the league. Their only loss came to a team that most would probably agree is going to end the season with a pretty good record.

Yet all I'm seeing is that they were lucky to escape with a win, this team has SERIOUS problems that need fixing and Cutler may have said something mean about fans.

Sounds like somebody's ripe for a little Dan McGrath reading...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
I don't care if Jay Cutler was almost perfect in the 4th quarter and led the Bears to a comeback win on a day when their defense couldn't play as well as they usually do.

WAS HE AFFABLE? DID HE BLOW KISSES TO PEOPLE?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:22 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 28, 2012, 10:18:39 PM

So... Every one time?

"The Panthers avoided Charles Tillman (just three balls thrown into his coverage for one reception) but went after Tim Jennings 17 times. They did pick up 127 yards, but with less than 50% of them complete (8) along with two picks and a pass deflection, Jennings actually walked away allowing a quarterback rating of 32.8." Eat shit, Steve.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »
From the PFF Refocused article about the Bears game: "While Jay Cutler was sacked six times, no one offensive lineman surrendered more than one." I can't decide if that's good or bad news. One the one hand, it was just one mistake! On the other hand, it was just one mistake by every single player on the line.