News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 NLDS Games Thread: Eat Shit, St. Louis  ( 25,803 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 NLDS Games Thread: Eat Shit, St. Louis
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
Quote from: D. Doluntap on October 13, 2015, 08:56:46 PM
I posted here about a decade ago

D. Doluntap

Yep. Checks out.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2015, 10:12:20 AM »
Bring 'em all out of the woodwork. 

Paul, Vlahos, PPE, LDA, I don't give a fuck. 

They all grow on trees.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2015, 10:19:45 AM »
Whatever happened to Andy? Has he forsaken this forum?
M'lady.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
I still can't figure how that Cardinal pitching staff was that good during the season. Did they run out of HGH in the playoffs. Their only good outing came from  Cuzzis giant strike zone.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2015, 12:00:33 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 13, 2015, 09:59:31 PM
Quote from: Yeti on October 13, 2015, 09:41:12 PM
Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2015, 09:28:06 PM
Guys I posted here about a decade ago (and once in the late 2000s, or so, who the fuck cares) as RockTheIvy. You guys commiserated with me in 2004. What a clusterfuck. This was amazing. When the Cubs made the postseason, I realized I needed to come back here. Where the fuck else could a long time loser spend his time? With fucking Yellon? Of course. This is fucking special. I hope you're all well. I'll stick around here this time.

And fuck Matt Carpenter/Dickface Holiday/Pudding-brain Matheny. They can play the game the right way in hell.

Speaking as a semi-active poster, unlike you crazy people that don't seem to ever have to do work all day and have thousands of posts, I love seeing some old accounts active again. This team, man. This is fun.

I concur. Bring all the old posters back, except for Paul and Earl Cunningham

Even PPE?

Before he went off the deep end about Obama, I didn't think he was so bad.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 14, 2015, 11:56:04 AM
I still can't figure how that Cardinal pitching staff was that good during the season. Did they run out of HGH in the playoffs. Their only good outing came from  Cuzzis giant strike zone.

They lost Martinez to injury, which is not surprising for a young guy who pitched out of the pen before this season and blew well past his innings limit. Guy was throwing max effort 98 MPH fastballs and hard sliders against the Cubs in the 5th inning of a game in the first half of the season. An injury to him was inevitable and I'd be surprised if he can have long term success as a starter. That said he had the best stuff of any guy they had.

As for the rest, I think Wacha just wore down during his first season back from injury, most (rational) Cardinals fans I know think Lance Lynn is hiding an injury. Otherwise they had a bunch of guys who way outperformed their peripherals and got a hilariously lucky strand rate that was bound to regress and did in the last month/playoffs.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 14, 2015, 09:50:44 AM
I posted here about a decade ago

D. Doluntap

Yep. Checks out.

I like what you guys have done with the place.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2015, 12:07:13 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 12:01:27 PM
Quote from: Waco Kid on October 14, 2015, 11:56:04 AM

They lost Martinez to injury, which is not surprising for a young guy who pitched out of the pen before this season and blew well past his innings limit. Guy was throwing max effort 98 MPH fastballs and hard sliders against the Cubs in the 5th inning of a game in the first half of the season. An injury to him was inevitable and I'd be surprised if he can have long term success as a starter. That said he had the best stuff of any guy they had.

As for the rest, I think Wacha just wore down during his first season back from injury, most (rational) Cardinals fans I know think Lance Lynn is hiding an injury. Otherwise they had a bunch of guys who way outperformed their peripherals and got a hilariously lucky strand rate that was bound to regress and did in the last month/playoffs.

And Lackey obviously sold his soul to Satan long ago.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
Racing to 100 only to crash hard into the Cubs' giant tree full of ripening young talent was a fitting tribute to Oscar Taveras. Well done, Cardinals. #OT18 #winforoscar #tcot #neverforget
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2015, 01:04:17 PM »
Guys I posted here about a decade ago (and once in the late 2000s, or so, who the fuck cares) as RockTheIvy. You guys commiserated with me in 2004. What a clusterfuck. This was amazing. When the Cubs made the postseason, I realized I needed to come back here. Where the fuck else could a long time loser spend his time? With fucking Yellon? Of course. This is fucking special. I hope you're all well. I'll stick around here this time.

And fuck Matt Carpenter/Dickface Holiday/Pudding-brain Matheny. They can play the game the right way in hell.

Speaking as a semi-active poster, unlike you crazy people that don't seem to ever have to do work all day and have thousands of posts, I love seeing some old accounts active again. This team, man. This is fun.

What about me?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »
Quote from: smg on October 14, 2015, 01:04:17 PM

What about me?

Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

Hi.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2015, 01:21:32 PM »

What about me?

This feels like a Desipio version of "This Is Your Life".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2015, 01:36:25 PM »

What about me?

Gotta bring the kid.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 14, 2015, 12:42:32 PM
Racing to 100 only to crash hard into the Cubs' giant tree full of ripening young talent was a fitting tribute to Oscar Taveras. Well done, Cardinals. #OT18 #winforoscar #tcot #neverforget
Too soon.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)