News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Rooftop game  ( 112,136 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Desipio Rooftop game
« Reply #435 on: August 14, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 14, 2008, 12:10:01 PM
QuoteTo go along with the other complaints about the management and their spectacular customer relation skills, what the fuck was with last call in the 7th inning?
I realize the ballpark has cutoffs to try to keep a lid on fan rowdiness and in order to comply with neighborhood requests. But a rooftop?
No one is going to run onto the field from a rooftop.

That's part of the deal the rooftops agreed to with the city when they were officially licensed.  I was actually surprised that the cut-off wasnt the time cut-off the park uses for night games.  Very forward thinking, however, of TJ's group to get the extra beers in time (I was one of the people who 'helped' TJ get rid of the extras).

I think I remember having a college-style chugging contest with someone around the eighth inning to help get rid of some beer.  Although no one should take anything I say about that night with any credence.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: August 14, 2008, 12:38:29 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 14, 2008, 12:37:54 PM
QuoteTo go along with the other complaints about the management and their spectacular customer relation skills, what the fuck was with last call in the 7th inning?
I realize the ballpark has cutoffs to try to keep a lid on fan rowdiness and in order to comply with neighborhood requests. But a rooftop?

That's part of the deal the rooftops agreed to with the city when they were officially licensed.  I was actually surprised that the cut-off wasnt the time cut-off the park uses for night games.  Very forward thinking, however, of TJ's group to get the extra beers in time (I was one of the people who 'helped' TJ get rid of the extras).

I think I remember having a college-style chugging contest with someone around the eighth inning to help get rid of some beer.  Although no one should take anything I say about that night with any credence.

Done.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: August 14, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on August 14, 2008, 12:12:03 PM
Quote from: TJ on August 14, 2008, 12:02:46 PM
Well, even better was the ingenuity of the guys who ordered 25 beers at last call and had them lined up on the last row of the bleachers the final 3 innings. You just needed to know where to look, flannj. (Of course one of the brownshirts came up and demanded we get rid of the beer with 1 out in the 9th. We happily obliged.)

While I'd love to claim that action, I think that Thrill and Pre were the main architects of stashing the beers. Brilliant!

Apparently Pre threw down cold cash to one of the bartenders for service after cut-off.

A mensch, and the pride of gay Jewish Cubs fans everywhere.

Huey handed a few up, too, I think not realizing the strategic beer reserve we'd already begun to establish.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: August 14, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on August 14, 2008, 12:38:29 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 14, 2008, 12:37:54 PM

That's part of the deal the rooftops agreed to with the city when they were officially licensed.  I was actually surprised that the cut-off wasnt the time cut-off the park uses for night games.  Very forward thinking, however, of TJ's group to get the extra beers in time (I was one of the people who 'helped' TJ get rid of the extras).

Done.

Seems wise to not hold out too much hope for the Creedence.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: August 14, 2008, 12:50:58 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on August 14, 2008, 12:12:03 PM
Quote from: TJ on August 14, 2008, 12:02:46 PM
Well, even better was the ingenuity of the guys who ordered 25 beers at last call and had them lined up on the last row of the bleachers the final 3 innings. You just needed to know where to look, flannj. (Of course one of the brownshirts came up and demanded we get rid of the beer with 1 out in the 9th. We happily obliged.)

While I'd love to claim that action, I think that Thrill and Pre were the main architects of stashing the beers. Brilliant!

Not to take anything away from Earl Hickey, but Pre was the true mastermind behind the Great Late Beer Pull as he provided the means--in the form of about 2 c-notes--with which to shower us with all of that late-inning krausened goodness.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: August 14, 2008, 01:12:35 PM »
Pre= Trump
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: August 14, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: August 14, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 14, 2008, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: Dave B on August 14, 2008, 01:12:35 PM
Pre= Trump Morph

Fringe'd.

Did anyone get a picture of Pre's shorts?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: August 14, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on August 14, 2008, 12:40:15 PM
Huey handed a few up, too, I think not realizing the strategic beer reserve we'd already begun to establish.
Please relocate to the General Election Clusterfuck thread.

Cade

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: August 14, 2008, 01:49:46 PM »
Looks like everyone had a ghey (good) time.  Well, except for the backwards hat crowd in the back.

Maybe I'll make it up next time.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: August 14, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: August 26, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »
Bump.  Believe it or not, when Chuck goes home, he does not only write hate mail to Alfonso Soriano and eat puppies. He's a charitable sort and he recruited me to serve on the Kohl Children's Museum Board of Governors. Anyway, our illustrious board is auctioning off a set of four tickets at "Skybox on Sheffield" for Monday's game with Houston. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260277908048

Bidding ends later today, but here's a chance to re-enact the last gathering of morans and give money to charity.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: March 13, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »
Bump. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3974212

Would be a shame if Brixen Ivy went under.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: March 13, 2009, 09:08:09 AM »

Just so everyone knows effort has been made, the only dates the Cubs had available for group buys were midweek in April and September. The Cubs have shit dates in Milwaukee, as far as getting a group together goes.

TDubbs' idea of everyone getting a bleacher ticket actually seems to have the most merit, unless everyone wants to do a rooftop again.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: March 13, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 13, 2009, 09:03:57 AM
Bump. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3974212

Would be a shame if Brixen Ivy went under.

Couldn't happen to a bigger group of douchehowitzers.