News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,294 )

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on November 05, 2008, 05:13:37 PM
Quote from: Zed on November 05, 2008, 05:08:23 PM
Now I know why I haven't seen Oleg around the Internets today, besides the obvious "looking too high".

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/obama_win_causes_obsessive?utm_source=embedded_video

Saw that earlier.  Pretty funny stuff.

I figured Oleg, after canvassing in Indiana, decided to just continue east to Boston.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
I am eager to see the future of the Republican Party after this election.  I really believe that this election is analogous to the 1997 Labour Party success in the UK.  However, the Conservatives took nearly 10 years to become a major viable party again, after an incredible period of soul searching.  I shudder to think where the GOP is going to go.  I pray for a return to the moderates, but I doubt it.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 05, 2008, 08:41:03 PM
I am eager to see the future of the Republican Party after this election.  I really believe that this election is analogous to the 1997 Labour Party success in the UK.  However, the Conservatives took nearly 10 years to become a major viable party again, after an incredible period of soul searching.  I shudder to think where the GOP is going to go.  I pray for a return to the moderates, but I doubt it.

Isn't that what McCain was? A moderate? Well he was to me, at least. Which, then again, doesn't say much because of my radical right-wing views.

Really what I think this party needs is a new, young, actual conservative voice. I'm not really sure how they will find it because the market out there with people who fit that criteria is pretty slim. Maybe there is a diamond in the rough though...

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 05, 2008, 08:45:59 PM

Isn't that what McCain was? A moderate? Well he was to me, at least. Which, then again, doesn't say much because of my radical right-wing views.

Really what I think this party needs is a new, young, actual conservative voice. I'm not really sure how they will find it because the market out there with people who fit that criteria is pretty slim. Maybe there is a diamond in the rough though...

He was...in 2000.

This McCain was something different and it showed last night in his speech.  McCain wanted to run as a moderate, as the 2000 McCain.  However, he had to kowtow to the Rovians in the GOP and placate the social conservatives.

In any event, before the GOP picks the type of candidate they want to run, they need to decide what type of party they want to be.  Will they be the center-right party which reflects the country they believe they exist in, or will they continue to be the far right, extremist party that they have become?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 05, 2008, 08:51:17 PM

He was...in 2000.

This McCain was something different and it showed last night in his speech.  McCain wanted to run as a moderate, as the 2000 McCain.  However, he had to kowtow to the Rovians in the GOP and placate the social conservatives.

In any event, before the GOP picks the type of candidate they want to run, they need to decide what type of party they want to be.  Will they be the center-right party which reflects the country they believe they exist in, or will they continue to be the far right, extremist party that they have become?

I feel they've become a little too centrist but obviously that's because of my views. They probably will need to concede more towards the middle as much as I may dislike it. But if they want to have any say in what happens in this country, they may need to.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
I think Scarlett is a dumb airhead bitch, but, ... MORE POSTS LIKE THE FIRST ONE PLZ  otherwise I'm calling false advertisement.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 05, 2008, 08:58:41 PM

He was...in 2000.

I feel they've become a little too centrist but obviously that's because of my views. They probably will need to concede more towards the middle as much as I may dislike it. But if they want to have any say in what happens in this country, they may need to.

The country is in the center. That's why a Presidential candidate gets 53% of the popular vote and that's a mandate.

The idea that the country is center-right is as much a fantasy as us Liberals believing it's center-left. The country is a pendulum with a very small arc. Right now it happens to be on a leftward swing.

It does, however, prove out that all the major improvements in this country, whether it be abolition of slavery, women's sufferage, civil rights, whatever, come when the pendulum is on its leftward swing. It then swings right to stabilize.

And, if the last sixteen years have proven anything to us, it's this: Govern from the center, and you can make things happen. Ideologues just wind up leaving a mess for the next guy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on November 06, 2008, 04:25:00 AM

He was...in 2000.

The country is in the center. That's why a Presidential candidate gets 53% of the popular vote and that's a mandate.

The idea that the country is center-right is as much a fantasy as us Liberals believing it's center-left. The country is a pendulum with a very small arc. Right now it happens to be on a leftward swing.

It does, however, prove out that all the major improvements in this country, whether it be abolition of slavery, women's sufferage, civil rights, whatever, come when the pendulum is on its leftward swing. It then swings right to stabilize.

And, if the last sixteen years have proven anything to us, it's this: Govern from the center, and you can make things happen. Ideologues just wind up leaving a mess for the next guy.

Thi.

If you need proof that the country is the center just look at what happened on 11/4.  We elected a black man as president, constitutionally banned gay marriage and adoption, but extended the rights of chickens.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 06, 2008, 08:48:10 AM

He was...in 2000.

Thi.

If you need proof that the country is the center just look at what happened on 11/4.  We elected a black man as president, constitutionally banned gay marriage and adoption, but extended the rights of chickens.

Th.

Have I done that right?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 06, 2008, 08:48:10 AM

He was...in 2000.

Thi.

Doesn't matter...after JObama appoints 4 Justices in 2009, teh gheys run the show...Dobson said so.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Pretty cool photo essay of Obama from a Time photographer.  Given his huge status and fame, it's interesting to see him caught in normal-person moments.  I like the one of him cleaning up after himself at the ice cream shop.

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0810/callie-bp.html

Make sure you keep clicking the "more photos" link at the bottom of the page -- there's quite a few here.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on November 06, 2008, 10:07:30 AM
Pretty cool photo essay of Obama from a Time photographer.  Given his huge status and fame, it's interesting to see him caught in normal-person moments.  I like the one of him cleaning up after himself at the ice cream shop.

Make sure you keep clicking the "more photos" link at the bottom of the page -- there's quite a few here.

Sentimental side of me must be coming out... because that was pretty cool. Nice photos.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on November 06, 2008, 10:07:30 AM

Wait, he's not the anti-Christ?  This is wasn't in the handbook....

Seriously, those are some good pics.  I like the chin-up one.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Last one was really good. Also the one where people were taking cell phone pics. I liked the one of him waiting before a speech in Missouri..