News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,295 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on November 18, 2008, 06:02:43 AM
Know what I love about Caribou Barbie? The GOP has spent so much time railing against Hillary, then they wind up just finding their own version.
She's Hillaryesque in some people will never, never, never vote for her.

But that's about it.  Hillary has got to be dumber than Sarah.  I mean, Sarah went to 5 colleges and Hillary only went to two!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #376 on: November 18, 2008, 08:06:05 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 17, 2008, 04:28:05 PM
I can't wait for the remake of "V".  I've got a lead already lined up.

Know what I love about Caribou Barbie? The GOP has spent so much time railing against Hillary, then they wind up just finding their own version.

Steak sauce, my friends.

She'll be back-burnered for now, but if Obama is riding decent approval numbers in 2011, she'll find a remarkably easy road to the nomination, to make the transition from GOP Hillary to GOP Mondale.

As soon as she turns the nation's health care plan into a brutal non-starting clusterfuck and starts having her travel secretaries offed, I'll entertain one of your theories. The other one, GOP Mondale, is dead-on balls accurate.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #377 on: November 19, 2008, 04:39:04 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on November 18, 2008, 08:06:05 PM

Steak sauce, my friends.

She'll be back-burnered for now, but if Obama is riding decent approval numbers in 2011, she'll find a remarkably easy road to the nomination, to make the transition from GOP Hillary to GOP Mondale.

As soon as she turns the nation's health care plan into a brutal non-starting clusterfuck and starts having her travel secretaries offed, I'll entertain one of your theories. The other one, GOP Mondale, is dead-on balls accurate.

I have every confidence that there's nothing CB can't turn into a clusterfuck.

And by your statement, you're implying that at one point the nation had a health care plan. When was that?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: November 19, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 19, 2008, 04:39:04 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on November 18, 2008, 08:06:05 PM

Steak sauce, my friends.

I have every confidence that there's nothing CB can't turn into a clusterfuck.

And by your statement, you're implying that at one point the nation had a health care plan. When was that?

Before the white men came.

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
Can I ask what the big hate for nationalised health care is?  The last 2 years I lived in the US, I didn't have any health cover because I worked at one of those college-graduate-transitional jobs that pay a middling amount and you ditch as soon as something better comes along.  Health cover for a foreigner in Australia was expensive, but no more expensive that what normal people with pretty good health insurance in the US pay.  Now that I'm a permanent resident, my wife and I together pay about $100 a month and get outstanding private cover, in addition to the basic Medicare cover.  In fact the only reason we have to pay anything is because we make over the $60,000 threshhold of low-income. 

I had to get an MRI recently and the doctor's visit cost nothing and the MRI cost me $36.  And I was scheduled in the same day.  I'm not sure what the comparative tax rates in AU and US are, but considering health bills can absolutely destroy people and even the worry about health insurance drives people mad, I am more than happy to pay a bit extra to ensure I'm not going to spend the rest of my life paying off the ramifications of a car accident.  Or god forbid, get dropped off at Michael Reese hospital.

The main issues I see with nationalised health care in the US is that it would be harder to implement with 10 times the number of people and there are probably proportionally more welfare/poverty cases in the US than here.  But it's not like when those people go to the E.R. the cost doesn't get passed on to everyone else anyway.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: November 19, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
I think it's apples and oranges when you compare a country with the population of the US to some horseshit communist hell hole like Canada. I just don't see how it could possibly mean an improvement in health coverage for me personally. Maybe cheaper. Maybe not. I have one hell of a health plan right now and i don't pay anything for it. I'm lucky I know, but also spent a year without coverage so I know what it means to be a piece of shit.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: November 19, 2008, 08:58:24 PM »
I will not comment on health care.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: November 19, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
Quote from: RD on November 19, 2008, 08:24:03 PM
Can I ask what the big hate for nationalised health care is?  The last 2 years I lived in the US, I didn't have any health cover because I worked at one of those college-graduate-transitional jobs that pay a middling amount and you ditch as soon as something better comes along.  Health cover for a foreigner in Australia was expensive, but no more expensive that what normal people with pretty good health insurance in the US pay.  Now that I'm a permanent resident, my wife and I together pay about $100 a month and get outstanding private cover, in addition to the basic Medicare cover.  In fact the only reason we have to pay anything is because we make over the $60,000 threshhold of low-income. 

I had to get an MRI recently and the doctor's visit cost nothing and the MRI cost me $36.  And I was scheduled in the same day.  I'm not sure what the comparative tax rates in AU and US are, but considering health bills can absolutely destroy people and even the worry about health insurance drives people mad, I am more than happy to pay a bit extra to ensure I'm not going to spend the rest of my life paying off the ramifications of a car accident.  Or god forbid, get dropped off at Michael Reese hospital.

The main issues I see with nationalised health care in the US is that it would be harder to implement with 10 times the number of people and there are probably proportionally more welfare/poverty cases in the US than here.  But it's not like when those people go to the E.R. the cost doesn't get passed on to everyone else anyway.

Hope you've enjoyed your time on the government work farm, comrade.

Quote from: ~Apex on November 19, 2008, 08:53:05 PM
I think it's apples and oranges when you compare a country with the population of the US to some horseshit communist hell hole like Canada. I just don't see how it could possibly mean an improvement in health coverage for me personally. Maybe cheaper. Maybe not. I have one hell of a health plan right now and i don't pay anything for it. I'm lucky I know, but also spent a year without coverage so I know what it means to be a piece of shit.

Apex got his.

Nothing left to worry about?

(Sorry... that was glib.)
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: November 19, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
Quote from: Furious George on November 19, 2008, 08:59:01 PM

Apex got his.

Like my comment wasn't.

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: November 19, 2008, 11:12:01 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on November 19, 2008, 09:23:50 PM
Quote from: Furious George on November 19, 2008, 08:59:01 PM

Apex got his.

Like my comment wasn't.

Hey, that's cool.  I understand that trying to make things better sucks.  Carry on.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: November 20, 2008, 05:23:37 AM »
I have one hell of a health plan right now and i don't pay anything for it.

You think you don't pay anything, but your outstretched spincter indicates otherwise.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: November 20, 2008, 06:29:44 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 20, 2008, 05:23:37 AM

You think you don't pay anything, but your outstretched spincter indicates otherwise.

Call me when the "efficient markets hypothesis" responds sensibly to the utterance "perianal boil."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: November 20, 2008, 07:45:49 AM »
Do we have an unlimited supply of medical care? How do we increase the supply? What is the baseline level of care a government should guarantee for someone?  Would others be allowed to purchase insurance above and beyond that?

Will we have to sharply regulate everyone's activity level to keep health care costs down? At what level will the government use the "YOU'RE COSTING US TAXPAYER MONEY" to regulate your choices regarding diet, beverages, exercise activity, tobacco use.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with the health care program in this country is your lack of choice over your insurance provider (and your inability to hold said insurer accountable) and in turn, your limited choice over health care provider (and your inability, except through malpractice suits, to hold said provider accountable).  The thought of decoupling your health insurance from your employer is intriguing for three reasons:

1. You wouldn't have to stay at an otherwise shitty job out of fear of losing your health care benefits.
2. Losing your job wouldn't be as catastrophic if you are buying health insurance out of pocket. Do any of you know how much your COBRA payment would be if you lost your job?
3. You would be able to shop around for the best coverage for you.

Now, I understand the whole problem with pre-existing conditions, but I think this problem is better served through the private market than through government. Who among you would want a Bush Administration appointee administering your health care? Me neither.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: November 20, 2008, 08:04:35 AM »
Quote from: TJ on November 20, 2008, 07:45:49 AM
Do we have an unlimited supply of medical care? How do we increase the supply? What is the baseline level of care a government should guarantee for someone?  Would others be allowed to purchase insurance above and beyond that?

Will we have to sharply regulate everyone's activity level to keep health care costs down? At what level will the government use the "YOU'RE COSTING US TAXPAYER MONEY" to regulate your choices regarding diet, beverages, exercise activity, tobacco use.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with the health care program in this country is your lack of choice over your insurance provider (and your inability to hold said insurer accountable) and in turn, your limited choice over health care provider (and your inability, except through malpractice suits, to hold said provider accountable).  The thought of decoupling your health insurance from your employer is intriguing for three reasons:

1. You wouldn't have to stay at an otherwise shitty job out of fear of losing your health care benefits.
2. Losing your job wouldn't be as catastrophic if you are buying health insurance out of pocket. Do any of you know how much your COBRA payment would be if you lost your job?
3. You would be able to shop around for the best coverage for you.

Now, I understand the whole problem with pre-existing conditions, but I think this problem is better served through the private market than through government. Who among you would want a Bush Administration appointee administering your health care? Me neither.

Don't worry about it TJ or anything else for that matter. The house negro is going to take care of us forever.
01/20/2013

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: November 20, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 20, 2008, 05:23:37 AM

Do you write the Onion's horoscopes? Awfully similar there pal.