News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,288 )

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #421 on: December 01, 2008, 05:38:14 AM »
Quote from: Furious George on November 30, 2008, 07:49:36 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE4AT26E20081130

Bracing for Apex...

While I'm confident HRC will at least be more competent than Condi Rice, this one's a baffler.

Unless part of the deal is that Bill winds up being Ambassador to the Vatican or something.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #422 on: December 01, 2008, 08:57:27 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 01, 2008, 05:38:14 AM
While I'm confident HRC will at least be more competent than Condi Rice, this one's a baffler.
No it's not.  It gets her out of the Senate so she cannot act as Vrdolyak 29 oppoisition chairman.

Also, with Daschle at HHS, a health care plan might jsut get through the senate.  With Hilary's taint, there would be no chance.

This is about getting her out of the senate and into a role where she has to do what Obama says.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: December 01, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 01, 2008, 08:57:27 AM
Hilary's taint

Ugh. I pity any human who's ever had to cross that smelly bridge.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: December 01, 2008, 09:29:31 AM »
Quote from: RV on December 01, 2008, 09:16:51 AM
Hilary's taint

Try as I might, I can't seem to forget it.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: December 01, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
Quote from: RV on December 01, 2008, 09:16:51 AM
Hilary's taint

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: December 16, 2008, 01:00:43 AM »
This shit's officially official...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_go_pr_wh/electoral_vote

QuoteIn all 50 states and the District of Columbia, the 538 electors performed a constitutional process to legally elect Democrat Barack Obama the 44th president.

More than 131 million voters cast ballots — the most ever in a presidential election. But Obama's election is not complete until Congress tallies the outcome of Monday's Electoral College vote at a joint session scheduled for Jan. 6.

Monday's voting was largely ceremonial, the results preordained by Obama's Nov. 4 victory over Republican Sen. John McCain. Obama won 365 electoral votes, to 173 for McCain. With every state reporting, all the electors had cast ballots in accordance with the popular votes in their states.

An electoral vote for every day of the year.

Well... not this year.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: December 16, 2008, 07:30:20 AM »
Quote from: Furious George on December 16, 2008, 01:00:43 AM
This shit's officially almost official...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_go_pr_wh/electoral_vote

QuoteIn all 50 states and the District of Columbia, the 538 electors performed a constitutional process to legally elect Democrat Barack Obama the 44th president.

More than 131 million voters cast ballots — the most ever in a presidential election. But Obama's election is not complete until Congress tallies the outcome of Monday's Electoral College vote at a joint session scheduled for Jan. 6.

Monday's voting was largely ceremonial, the results preordained by Obama's Nov. 4 victory over Republican Sen. John McCain. Obama won 365 electoral votes, to 173 for McCain. With every state reporting, all the electors had cast ballots in accordance with the popular votes in their states.

An electoral vote for every day of the year.

Well... not this year.

One more formality'd.

Oh, and one piece of trivia: The reason the IL Gen. Assy met so late in the day was that Illinois' electors met in the chamber in the statehouse earlier.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: December 16, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »
bhold teh future f newz!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: December 16, 2008, 07:20:47 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 01, 2008, 05:38:14 AM
No it's not.  It gets her out of the Senate so she cannot act as Vrdolyak 29 oppoisition chairman.

Also, with Daschle at HHS, a health care plan might jsut get through the senate.  With Hilary's taint, there would be no chance.

This is about getting her out of the senate and into a role where she has to do what Obama says.

This.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: December 18, 2008, 03:14:48 PM »
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jEtOI8ay_-XoZrKX9qFZBXsDQb7wD955A1H80

Hilda Solis for Secretary of Labor.

Her name sounds made up, but would Gil care to weigh in?

(Adding: Or Stew, for that matter?)

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: December 18, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »
Quote from: Furious George on December 18, 2008, 03:14:48 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jEtOI8ay_-XoZrKX9qFZBXsDQb7wD955A1H80

Hilda Solis for Secretary of Labor.

Her name sounds made up, but would Gil care to weigh in?

(Adding: Or Stew, for that matter?)

I find it curious that Labor was the last Cabinet post to be selected.  Perhaps Andy Stern (SEIU President) was the pick before the Blago brew-ha-ha?  In any event, she is a pick the Left will like immensely.  She is a bit of a radical, but on the whole, not a terrible choice for the Labor Department from a Democratic president.

I'm, of course, waiting to hear who the nominees are for the NLRB.  We've had three open seats for about a year now.  Maybe a new General Counsel, though the current incumbent's term expires in 2010.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Is that number significant in your opinion?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=avTXAfm9.vhM

QuoteJan. 8 (Bloomberg) -- The Bank of England cut the benchmark interest rate to the lowest since the central bank was founded in 1694 as policy makers tried to prevent the credit squeeze from deepening Britain's recession.

The bank rate was reduced a half-point to 1.5 percent, bringing policy makers closer to the point at which they will run out of options to fight the financial crisis with conventional tools. The pound rose against the euro and the dollar because some investors had bet on a larger reduction.

"They'll come down below 1 percent by the second quarter," said Philip Shaw, chief economist at Investec Securities in London. "Things have deteriorated further and this highlights the need for further monetary stimulus. Non- conventional monetary policy techniques are on the cards."

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2009, 08:28:52 PM

QuoteJan. 8 (Bloomberg) -- The Bank of England cut the benchmark interest rate to the lowest since the central bank was founded in 1694 as policy makers tried to prevent the credit squeeze from deepening Britain's recession.

The bank rate was reduced a half-point to 1.5 percent, bringing policy makers closer to the point at which they will run out of options to fight the financial crisis with conventional tools. The pound rose against the euro and the dollar because some investors had bet on a larger reduction.

"They'll come down below 1 percent by the second quarter," said Philip Shaw, chief economist at Investec Securities in London. "Things have deteriorated further and this highlights the need for further monetary stimulus. Non- conventional monetary policy techniques are on the cards."

I too mourned the death of Mary II.

RD

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 09, 2009, 12:34:42 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2009, 08:28:52 PM

I too mourned the death of Mary II.

I thought it was Stew that said that so I laughed more than I should have.