News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,291 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 20, 2009, 09:32:33 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on January 20, 2009, 08:42:55 PM
Quote from: CT II on January 20, 2009, 08:06:45 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on January 20, 2009, 07:15:07 PM
All in all it was a pretty good inauguration day. I'm pretty sure my favorite part was when Obama started talking and Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd keeled over. CHANGE, BITCH!

As the new President paid homage to those who came before him and recognized the seemingly insurmountable obstacle on which he spoke from the summit, he pointed to a much larger, daunting mountain on the horizon, which we as a people will have to climb together and blah, blah, blah. But somebody said, "No, Mr. President, that's just Teddy Kennedy lying on the floor. He's had another seizure or something." Somehow, paramedics hauled his ass out of there everybody finished their lunch.

Teddy's fine.  Evidentally, somebody walked up to him and said "Senator Kennedy, the bar won't be open for another 25 minutes" and he keeled over.  They got a couple of liters of gin into him, and now he's stable.

Oh, my. You bet your sweet, tasty little ass I'm stealing that.

So, what was the story with Sen. Byrd then?

My understanding is that Byrd was upset at seeing Teddy keel over in DTs, so he excused himself.  (except for the DTs, I'm being serious)
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Zed on January 21, 2009, 07:46:15 AM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 20, 2009, 09:32:33 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on January 20, 2009, 08:42:55 PM
Quote from: CT II on January 20, 2009, 08:06:45 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on January 20, 2009, 07:15:07 PM
All in all it was a pretty good inauguration day. I'm pretty sure my favorite part was when Obama started talking and Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd keeled over. CHANGE, BITCH!

As the new President paid homage to those who came before him and recognized the seemingly insurmountable obstacle on which he spoke from the summit, he pointed to a much larger, daunting mountain on the horizon, which we as a people will have to climb together and blah, blah, blah. But somebody said, "No, Mr. President, that's just Teddy Kennedy lying on the floor. He's had another seizure or something." Somehow, paramedics hauled his ass out of there everybody finished their lunch.

Teddy's fine.  Evidentally, somebody walked up to him and said "Senator Kennedy, the bar won't be open for another 25 minutes" and he keeled over.  They got a couple of liters of gin into him, and now he's stable.

Oh, my. You bet your sweet, tasty little ass I'm stealing that.

So, what was the story with Sen. Byrd then?

My understanding is that Byrd was upset at seeing Teddy keel over in DTs, so he excused himself.  (except for the DTs, I'm being serious)

Damn, I was hoping for the Super Sunday Senate Codger-Off. NOW what will I do for entertainment?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MidgetSellingWater on January 20, 2009, 09:51:11 PM

That, and he's really, really old.  These things happen to old guys from time to time.  This should serve as a lesson to all old guys --- always be on the lookout for drunken, bloated, falling, irishmen.
What if I'm both?

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on January 21, 2009, 08:29:44 AM
Quote from: MidgetSellingWater on January 20, 2009, 09:51:11 PM

That, and he's really, really old.  These things happen to old guys from time to time.  This should serve as a lesson to all old guys --- always be on the lookout for drunken, bloated, falling, irishmen.
What if I'm both?

Try to fall up against Huey, and you two can support each other.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Am I terrible for thinking about Sen. Byrd's placement on my Dead Pool list when I heard the news about his collapse?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Chris Wallace was on Fox News last night, asking if Obama's oath was valid because Roberts clutched on the phrasing.

What a chode.
TIME TO POST!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on January 21, 2009, 09:06:22 AM

Chris Wallace was on Fox News last night, asking if Obama's oath was valid because Roberts clutched on the phrasing.

What a chode.

At twelve noon, regardless of the administration of the oath, Obama became president.

Both guys were nervous, and that makes me feel comfortable.

I'm just upset that Obama botched the total number of presidents there have been.  In his address, he cited the "44 men" who have taken the oath. 

In reality, there have only been 43.  Grover Cleveland...two non-consecutive terms.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 21, 2009, 09:14:03 AM

What a chode.

At twelve noon, regardless of the administration of the oath, Obama became president.

I'm just upset that Obama botched the total number of presidents there have been.  In his address, he cited the "44 men" who have taken the oath. 

In reality, there have only been 43.  Grover Cleveland...two non-consecutive terms.

Maybe he included David Rice Atchison, even though he never took the oath.
TIME TO POST!

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on January 21, 2009, 09:20:39 AM

What a chode.

Also, probably the worst poem at an inaugural ever.  Pure shit.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 21, 2009, 09:22:30 AM

What a chode.

Also, probably the worst poem at an inaugural ever.  Pure shit.

Was it the poem from BCB? That one is an A+ poem.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

What a chode.
Appeal it to the Supreme Court.  Roberts would be one of the final arbiters of the decision.  Considering he said, "Congratulations, Mr. President," I think that case would fail.

LoneStarCubFan

What a chode.

I think he was including Al Haig.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2009, 12:45:45 PM

What a chode.
Appeal it to the Supreme Court.  Roberts would be one of the final arbiters of the decision.  Considering he said, "Congratulations, Mr. President," I think that case would fail.

You would also be the least popular man in the country if you attempted to argue that case.
Hire Jim Essian!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 21, 2009, 01:38:28 PM

What a chode.

You would also be the least popular man in the country if you attempted to argue that case.
My guess is if anyone did try to argue it they would have a certain number of rather devout fans.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 21, 2009, 01:38:28 PM

What a chode.

Well, Alan Keyes doesn't give two shits about popularity.

And he's been known to file frivolous suits in which he lacks legal standing.

And we could all really use a laugh or two these days.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser