News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,297 )

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: RV on January 21, 2009, 06:14:26 PM
Quote from: Mike Douche on January 21, 2009, 06:03:29 PM
Quote from: 5laky on January 21, 2009, 05:32:37 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 21, 2009, 05:21:48 PM
Quote from: Mike Douche on January 21, 2009, 04:35:56 PM
Quote from: BH on January 21, 2009, 04:23:47 PM
Quote from: butthead on January 21, 2009, 04:04:08 PM
Quote from: BH on January 21, 2009, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 21, 2009, 03:57:58 PM
Quote from: BH on January 21, 2009, 03:53:46 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481230,00.html

"Last month, the family made national news when they claimed a grocery store refused to make a "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" cake for their son."

Good to see that, even though you're no longer present in the SBox, your legacy of DRLP lives on.

Good to see that, people that don't partake in SBox conversations, need to know what was discussed in the SBox each day.

And we do need this information. You're doing important work, BH. Thank you.

To answer JD's question before he asks it, butthead and I amre 2 separate people.

More inside ShoutBox humor'd.

Since we needed more of that around here.

Soon I'll have to start avoiding Desipio too.

Aw don't be like that Slaky!  you're an ORIGINAL SHOUTBOXER, dawg!

Don't forget where you came from, hoss.  Never forget.

Like we need another dinglechugging statfaggot anyway. That bearded hippie homo doesn't know what it's like to shave another man's beard after playing a hotly contested game of shirts and skins.

This hits kinda close to home, man.

Also: I prefer skins and skins.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If it aint skin, it aint in.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: 5laky on January 21, 2009, 05:37:39 PM
I'm on the verge of signing a three year deal* with Eli's blog. I'll keep you posted. Negotiations are tense.

* with incentives

A three-year deal for anything I'm in charge of?  That's probably a poor move.

Or was that the joke?  I'm not very good at this.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on January 21, 2009, 11:03:35 PM
Quote from: 5laky on January 21, 2009, 05:37:39 PM
I'm on the verge of signing a three year deal* with Eli's blog. I'll keep you posted. Negotiations are tense.

* with incentives

A three-year deal for anything I'm in charge of?  That's probably a poor move.

Or was that the joke?  I'm not very good at this.

You aren't, are you?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01232009/news/politics/dave_picks_gillibrand_as_liberal_dems_ho_151502.htm

Hillary's replacement. 

QuoteLiberal Democrats have been wary of her because she ran for re-election with the backing of the National Rifle Association, opposed the federal TARP program to rescue banks, and has been less than enthusiastic about gay marriage.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Zed on January 23, 2009, 12:53:05 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01232009/news/politics/dave_picks_gillibrand_as_liberal_dems_ho_151502.htm

Hillary's replacement. 

QuoteLiberal Democrats have been wary of her because she ran for re-election with the backing of the National Rifle Association, opposed the federal TARP program to rescue banks, and has been less than enthusiastic about gay marriage.

From what I've gathered, you aren't that kind of conservative. You're the fiscal type, right?

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Good for Patterson.  I had been holding out hope that Governor Doofus would have been ousted shortly after being arrested in December and that Pat Quinn would have made  a similarly unpredictable selection for Obama's vacated Senate seat.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: 5laky on January 23, 2009, 01:02:07 PM

Hillary's replacement. 

From what I've gathered, you aren't that kind of conservative. You're the fiscal type, right?

I am indeed... closer to libertarian, but without the Ron Paul crazy, you know?  I'm generally a gun rights kind of guy, held my nose in favor of TARP (only because I didn't see a credible alternative to getting the government involved) and on ghey marriage my instinct is "live and let live" but I can see that it's not open-and-shut.

I just lifted that quote because it's the exact opposite of what you'd expect from a New York Senator.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Zed on January 23, 2009, 01:14:50 PM

Hillary's replacement. 

I am indeed... closer to libertarian, but without the Ron Paul crazy, you know?  I'm generally a gun rights kind of guy, held my nose in favor of TARP (only because I didn't see a credible alternative to getting the government involved) and on ghey marriage my instinct is "live and let live" but I can see that it's not open-and-shut.

I just lifted that quote because it's the exact opposite of what you'd expect from a New York Senator.

Just checking up on you is all. Keep one eye open. The other eye can be open or closed, doesn't matter. Your choice, dude.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: 5laky on January 23, 2009, 01:17:06 PM

Hillary's replacement. 

Just checking up on you is all. Keep one eye open. The other eye can be open or closed, doesn't matter. Your choice, dude.

If I'm not careful with the whole eyes-open-or-closed thing I could end up like ths guy.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hillary's replacement. 

She had Schumer's backing, so she can't be as conservative as the Post says she is.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Shocking...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/24/AR2009012401703.html

QuoteSoon after the November election, al-Qaeda's No. 2 leader took stock of America's new president-elect and dismissed him with an insulting epithet. "A house Negro," Ayman al-Zawahiri said.

That was just a warm-up. In the weeks since, the terrorist group has unleashed a stream of verbal tirades against Barack Obama, each more venomous than the last. Obama has been called a "hypocrite," a "killer" of innocents, an "enemy of Muslims." He was even blamed for the Israeli military assault on Gaza, which began and ended before he took office.

"He kills your brothers and sisters in Gaza mercilessly and without affection," an al-Qaeda spokesman declared in a grainy Internet video this month.

The torrent of hateful words is part of what terrorism experts now believe is a deliberate, even desperate, propaganda campaign against a president who appears to have gotten under al-Qaeda's skin. The departure of George W. Bush deprived al-Qaeda of a polarizing American leader who reliably drove recruits and donations to the terrorist group.

With Obama, al-Qaeda faces an entirely new challenge, experts say: a U.S. president who campaigned to end the Iraq war and to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and who polls show is well liked throughout the Muslim world.

Site founder Rita Katz said the messages show "just how much al-Qaeda is intimidated by Obama."

"The leadership of al-Qaeda is very concerned about the wide support that Obama has been receiving from Arab and Muslim countries," Katz said. "To combat this threat, al-Qaeda has embarked on a propaganda campaign against Obama, not only by linking him to the policies of the Bush administration, including the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, but also by accusing him of actions in which he had no part."

Regardless of how Obama is viewed now by the Muslim world -- savior, menace or something in between -- the opinions will almost certainly change in the coming months. For Muslim countries, as for the United States, perceptions based on rhetoric and image will soon collide with reality as the policies of the new administration take form, said Pillar, the former CIA official.

"Inevitably Obama will make certain decisions that will be unpopular and which the propagandists will quickly castigate," Pillar said. "I expect that the honeymoon will be just as fragile and short as with the American electorate."

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'd like to think I can tell some reverse psychology when I see it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2009, 01:53:29 PM
http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=16100

This.

Quote from: Balloon Juice
The moral of this story is not the danger for Obama going forward with his Gitmo decommissioning, the moral is that when venal, shallow, small men are given unfettered power and authority, they do incompetent, stupid, and evil things.