News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,293 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Interesting take on the $17 billion in cuts:

QuoteMost of what was under discussion was the $17 billion in new cuts, which has been gently mocked as a drop in the $3.4 trillion ocean of a budget. Orszag's defense was this: "We can no longer afford broken window budgeting." Which meant: Even if the program cuts are small, perpetuating small, crappy programs sends the wrong signal -- namely, the signal that we are willing to perpetuate small, crappy programs.

QuoteMCCAIN: [...] Maybe to Senator Obama it's not a lot of money. But the point is that -- you see, I hear this all the time. "It's only $18 billion." Do you know that it's tripled in the last five years? [...] It's a system that's got to be cleaned up.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on May 07, 2009, 02:13:46 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 06, 2009, 07:13:25 PM
LOLcats are the worst thing that has ever happened to this world.

I'm off the hook!

Canada is not part of the world.
Hire Jim Essian!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 07, 2009, 02:33:42 PM

I'm off the hook!

Canada is not part of the world.A KurtEvans joke?  I don't get it.

/fixed
M'lady.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on May 07, 2009, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 07, 2009, 02:33:42 PM

I'm off the hook!

Canada is not part of the world.A KurtEvans joke?  I don't get it.

/fixed

I don't get this KurtEvans correction at all.
Hire Jim Essian!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will let our resident bankers comment on The One's Fiefdom here in  Illinois.

Last December, the former Governor (for whom our President supported in Gubernatorial Elections at least thrice) threatened to pull all state business from BofA if it pulled the plug on Republic Windows. Unfortunately, Patrick Fitzgerald (the bum that The One's predecessor in the US Senate recommended for the job more or less sealing his fate in IL) had the FBI bring The One's choice for Governor twice and Republic remained open so we'd never know if The One's choice for Gov. would have made good on that threat.

Now, The One's mobbed-up choice for state treasurer takes time away from buying new cars for the poorly performing Bright Start Savings Plan (a failure he blames on Oppenheimer Funds, one of the big losers in The One's Chrysler deal) to stomp his feet in front  of HartMarx, the venerable suit maker (one of The One's favorites). Apparently, big bad Wells Fargo (which, incidentally, is undercapitalized) might approve a sale to one of two groups that could attempt to keep the Des Plaines and Rock Island factories open. It also might have to liquidate if it doesn't come to a deal.

Thoughts?

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on May 07, 2009, 04:16:25 PM

Last December, the former Governor (for whom our President supported in Gubernatorial Elections at least thrice) threatened to pull all state business from BofA if it pulled the plug on Republic Windows. Unfortunately, Patrick Fitzgerald (the bum that The One's predecessor in the US Senate recommended for the job more or less sealing his fate in IL) had the FBI bring The One's choice for Governor twice and Republic remained open so we'd never know if The One's choice for Gov. would have made good on that threat.

Now, The One's mobbed-up choice for state treasurer takes time away from buying new cars for the poorly performing Bright Start Savings Plan (a failure he blames on Oppenheimer Funds, one of the big losers in The One's Chrysler deal) to stomp his feet in front  of HartMarx, the venerable suit maker (one of The One's favorites). Apparently, big bad Wells Fargo (which, incidentally, is undercapitalized) might approve a sale to one of two groups that could attempt to keep the Des Plaines and Rock Island factories open. It also might have to liquidate if it doesn't come to a deal.

Thoughts?

This would be a lot easier to comprehend without the cute nicknames.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Thoughts?
1) Blago is a crook.
2) Alexi is a crook.
3) Obama's biggest fuck up to date is standing behind crook #2.  Anyone who wanted to go after Obama through Rezko would be like going after Michael Corleone through Fredo and ignoring Tom Hagen.
4) Obama standing behind Blago is meaningless given his position at the time.  If Blago was going to win, he needed Richie Daley.  When Daley was silent on Paul Vallas, that was all Blago needed.
5) So, you are mad that politicians are grand standing?  I'm sure you are shocked to find gambling in Rick's Cafe American.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Oh, and fuck B of A in every possible entrance.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I'm just wondering if it's going to be Pat Quinn, Lisa Madigan, Alexei Giannoulias or Alexei Ramirez coming after American Chartered next.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: RV on May 07, 2009, 04:31:18 PM

Thoughts?

Second'd.  Not that I'm at all opposed to what was said, but I don't tend to appreciate examples of rank partianship.

Nevertheless, for those at all interested in labor law news, I have two tidbits.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/07/business/07union.html?_r=1&ref=politics

and...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/06/business/economy/06hire.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=greenhouse&st=cse

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is the balls. The man who is part of the reason the GOP feels a need to "rebrand" is throwing his two cents in.

As long as I'm here, the GOP's problem isn't so much the brand as it is the party's main leadership and priorities. As a Democrat, it's fun to watch them scramble, but as an American, there needs to be a balance in place to keep each side honest.

At the Presidential level, if Obama's numbers stay high, either Romney or Palin will get the nod in 2012, which will probably lead to a bottoming out in the party, which will bring new leadership, and hopefully a candidate in 2016 who will have a more practical platform to run on, other than gay marriage and abortion - two issues which, regardless of your personal beliefs, are basically state issues anyway, and out of Presidential jurisdiction.

At the Congressional level, they would need to look at 1994, and put some sort of comprehensive legislative platform together, since right now Congressional Republicans are viewed worse than Congressional Democrats, who are a bunch of fucking boobs.

Just voting against a popular President as a block won't win them any seats in 2010. They need to bring something new to the table. Just slapping a label on the same old shit won't get it done.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 08, 2009, 07:33:06 AM
This is the balls. The man who is part of the reason the GOP feels a need to "rebrand" is throwing his two cents in.

As long as I'm here, the GOP's problem isn't so much the brand as it is the party's main leadership and priorities. As a Democrat, it's fun to watch them scramble, but as an American, there needs to be a balance in place to keep each side honest.

At the Presidential level, if Obama's numbers stay high, either Romney or Palin will get the nod in 2012, which will probably lead to a bottoming out in the party, which will bring new leadership, and hopefully a candidate in 2016 who will have a more practical platform to run on, other than gay marriage and abortion - two issues which, regardless of your personal beliefs, are basically state issues anyway, and out of Presidential jurisdiction.

At the Congressional level, they would need to look at 1994, and put some sort of comprehensive legislative platform together, since right now Congressional Republicans are viewed worse than Congressional Democrats, who are a bunch of fucking boobs.

Just voting against a popular President as a block won't win them any seats in 2010. They need to bring something new to the table. Just slapping a label on the same old shit won't get it done.

A big plate of hot, crispy applewood bacon would be a good start.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: RV on May 08, 2009, 08:14:23 AM

A big plate of hot, crispy applewood bacon would be a good start.

DIBS ON YETI'S PORTION!!!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club

QuoteFormer Vice President Dick Cheney is weighing into the heated internal debate over the future of the Republican Party, declaring it would be a mistake for the GOP to "moderate."

Of course, Dick's not the only party heavy throwing his deadweight around.

There's also this guy...

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1896588,00.html

QuoteWell, more elections. Big Government is never popular in theory, but the disaster aid, school lunches and prescription drugs that make up Big Government have become wildly popular in practice, especially now that so many people are hurting. Samuel Wurzelbacher, better known as Joe the Plumber, tells TIME he's so outraged by GOP overspending, he's quitting the party — and he's the bull's-eye of its target audience. But he also said he wouldn't support any cuts in defense, Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid — which, along with debt payments, would put more than two-thirds of the budget off limits.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: RV on May 07, 2009, 04:31:18 PM

Thoughts?

But calling him "The One" is so funny!  Even after all this time!