News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,295 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is hard for me to admit, but...

Good for you University of Notre Dame.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/kennedys-cancer-in-remission-2009-05-19.html

QuoteSen. Edward Kennedy's brain cancer is in remission and he is expected back in the Senate after the Memorial Day recess to spearhead healthcare reform, according to Democratic colleagues.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Tuesday that he spoke with Kennedy's wife, Vicki, in the past few days and was told the 77-year-old lawmaker is "doing fine."

Reid said Kennedy's cancer is in remission and added that while the lawmaker is going through another regiment of treatment, the procedure "is not unusual."

"This is something we expected," he said.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on May 17, 2009, 09:38:55 PM

I assume that you are referring to its football program.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on May 19, 2009, 06:28:13 PM

Did they fire FrontButt?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Harry Reid and Senate Democrats: groveling douchebags who humbly capitulate to ridiculous fear-mongering.

QuoteQUESTION: If the United States -- if the United States thinks that these people should be held, why shouldn't they be held in the United States? Why shouldn't the U.S. take those risks, the attendant risk of holding them, since it's the one that says they should be held?

REID: I think there's a general feeling, as I've already said, that the American people, and certainly the Senate, overwhelmingly doesn't want terrorists to be released in the United States. And I think we're going to stick with that.

QUESTION: What about in imprisoned in the United States?

REID: If you're...

(CROSSTALK)

REID: If people are -- if terrorists are released in the United States, part of what we don't want is them be put in prisons in the United States. We don't want them around the United States.

I agree Harry, it would be a grave danger to our society to have guys like Jose Padilla, John Walker Lindh, Timothy Mcveigh, and Richard Reid housed in our unreliable and easy-to-escape-from American prisons. We should probably build some sort of floating island in Antarctic airspace or possibly drill deep into the earth's crust (somewhere close to the magma core) to construct some sort of underground detention facility. Then we'll know for sure that we're safe.

What a fucking joke.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

The GOP is going after Reid's Senate seat. I have a strong suspicion that Barry Hussein won't break much of a sweat fundraising or campaigning for him.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2009, 09:11:12 AM

The GOP is going after Reid's Senate seat. I have a strong suspicion that Barry Hussein Soetoro won't break much of a sweat fundraising or campaigning for him.

(obviously fake) Birth Certificate'd.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

The GOP is going after Reid's Senate seat. I have a strong suspicion that Barry Hussein won't break much of a sweat fundraising or campaigning for him.

I think it'll depend on where the Dems think they can pick up a Senate seat.  Keep in mind, if Reid loses, Obama's (and our) pal Durbin will be the (most likely) majority leader.  However, I don't think anyone will want to risk going back to the 59 Dem majority.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on May 20, 2009, 10:45:40 AM

I think it'll depend on where the Dems think they can pick up a Senate seat.  Keep in mind, if Reid loses, Obama's (and our) pal Durbin will be the (most likely) majority leader.  However, I don't think anyone will want to risk going back to the 59 Dem majority.

If the GOP really thinks the "rebranding" will work, rather than introducing an actual legislative agenda, the Dems will pick up seats.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2009, 10:48:31 AM

If the GOP really thinks the "rebranding" will work, rather than introducing an actual legislative agenda, the Dems will pick up seats.

True...but I still think there's a chance either Nelson flips to the GOP.  The GOP rebranding (and I find that whole thing to be full of hilarity) is for the 2012 election as a set-up for 2016.  The Dems won't have the Obama tailwind in the mid-terms.  I haven't seen the list of whose seats are up (with the exception of Spector), so I don't know where the Dems can make an inroad.

I do agree that Reid may be a likely goner, but there will be a huge push by the unions to get the vote out for him.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on May 20, 2009, 11:12:03 AM

True...but I still think there's a chance either Nelson flips to the GOP.  The GOP rebranding (and I find that whole thing to be full of hilarity) is for the 2012 election as a set-up for 2016.  The Dems won't have the Obama tailwind in the mid-terms.  I haven't seen the list of whose seats are up (with the exception of Spector), so I don't know where the Dems can make an inroad.

I do agree that Reid may be a likely goner, but there will be a huge push by the unions to get the vote out for him.

It's the second term re-up for the Contract With America guys. A buttload of GOP seats with a lot of Bush residue on them. Very winnable.
TIME TO POST!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2009, 11:21:18 AM
Quote from: Oleg on May 20, 2009, 11:12:03 AM

It's the second term re-up for the Contract With America guys. A buttload of GOP seats with a lot of Bush residue on them. Very winnable.

Ah right.  Judd Gregg is retiring in NH.  Kit Bond is retiring in MO.  Those may be winnable.  Jim Bunning can't get his foot out of his mouth, so if he runs again, teh Dems have a shot at KY, which seems weird.  Not as weird as my typing, with a straight face, that the GOP has a shot at Burris's seat.  I wonder if the Dems have a shot at Mel Martinez's seat.  Or the Ohio (Voinivich) seat.

Other than that, I have a feeling all other races will stay with the incumbent, unless something very strange happens.

Time to start reading 538 again.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on May 20, 2009, 12:20:03 AM
Quote from: CBStew on May 19, 2009, 06:28:13 PM

Did they fire FrontButt?

I had to ask my boss (who has some good ND connections) if there's a magic number of wins Weis needs to hit this year.  He says he's pretty sure there is, but he guesses only about 6 people know exactly what that number is.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 20, 2009, 11:43:56 AM
I had to ask my boss (who has some good ND connections) if there's a magic number of wins Weis needs to hit this year.  He says he's pretty sure there is, but he guesses only about 6 people know exactly what that number is.
I'll guess that number is 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on May 20, 2009, 11:36:43 AM
Ah right.  Judd Gregg is retiring in NH.  Kit Bond is retiring in MO.  Those may be winnable.  Jim Bunning can't get his foot out of his mouth, so if he runs again, teh Dems have a shot at KY, which seems weird.  Not as weird as my typing, with a straight face, that the GOP has a shot at Burris's seat.  I wonder if the Dems have a shot at Mel Martinez's seat.  Or the Ohio (Voinivich) seat.

Other than that, I have a feeling all other races will stay with the incumbent, unless something very strange happens.

Time to start reading 538 again.

The GOP is trying to push Bunning out before he gets to the General, because he's toast once he gets there.

The GOP is also still pretty badly tainted in Ohio, so they might be able to take Voinovich's seat.

Burris probably won't get out of the primary here - Schakowsky (among others) will have too much money and organization.
TIME TO POST!