News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 472,295 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2009, 11:57:53 AM
Burris probably won't get out of the primary here - Schakowsky (among others) will have too much money and organization.
Burris may not get IN the primary.

Jan would not be my first choice on the Dem side.  But she'd be above Alexi.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 20, 2009, 01:14:39 PM
Burris probably won't get out of the primary here - Schakowsky (among others) will have too much money and organization.

Alexi is looking toward the Governor's mansion - that's where the big bucks are.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on May 20, 2009, 11:36:43 AM
Ah right.  Judd Gregg is retiring in NH.  Kit Bond is retiring in MO.  Those may be winnable.  Jim Bunning can't get his foot out of his mouth, so if he runs again, teh Dems have a shot at KY, which seems weird.  Not as weird as my typing, with a straight face, that the GOP has a shot at Burris's seat.  I wonder if the Dems have a shot at Mel Martinez's seat.  Or the Ohio (Voinivich) seat.

Other than that, I have a feeling all other races will stay with the incumbent, unless something very strange happens.

Time to start reading 538 again.

The GOP is trying to push Bunning out before he gets to the General, because he's toast once he gets there.

The GOP is also still pretty badly tainted in Ohio, so they might be able to take Voinovich's seat.

Yeah, that's a plus 4 in my book, althoug I have a feeling that Bunning seat will be much closer than I care to think about.  I really hope that bullheaded freak will run and win the primary.  I just think that Reid has far too much influence over the unions in Nevada to worry about getting any support from the administration.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on May 20, 2009, 01:18:34 PM

Alexi is looking toward the Governor's mansion - that's where the big bucks are.

What? How can that skinny Cuban douche-missile have a shot at the Guv's Mansion? This state is more corrupt than even I could have dreamed.

(My insincere apologies if that joke was used somewhere in the previous 84 pages of this Clusterfuck)
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club

The Governor's mansion belongs to Lisa right now.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Apexx on May 20, 2009, 01:27:22 PM

What? How can that skinny Cuban douche-missile have a shot at the Guv's Mansion? This state is more corrupt than even I could have dreamed.

(My insincere apologies if that joke was used somewhere in the previous 84 pages of this Clusterfuck)

He IS the best player in Chicago, however.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Brownie on May 20, 2009, 01:42:33 PM
Quote from: Apexx on May 20, 2009, 01:27:22 PM

He IS the best player in Chicago, however.

If they could just find him a position to dominate, he'd be all set. The Bears need a wideout. The Bulls need a center... Maybe the best player in Chicago just hasn't found his sport yet.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
there's a chick in his way.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Apexx on May 20, 2009, 01:53:04 PM
The Bulls need a center

Sorry, that job is locked down.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
So, the State of Indiana realized that they, too ,were being ripped off (their words) by the Federal Government, in favor of the UAW.

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/indiana-pensioners-object-to-chrysler-sale/

Quote"As fiduciaries, we can't allow our retired police officers and teachers to be ripped off by the federal government," Richard Mourdock, Indiana's treasurer, said in a statement. "The Indiana state funds suffered losses when the Obama administration overturned more than 100 years of established law by redefining 'secured creditors' to mean something less."

The Judge comes back and says, if I read this correctly, that the secured creditors of Chrysler (teachers and policemen, we're talking about now) do not have standing in a bankruptcy proceeding.

http://chapter11.epiqsystems.com/viewdocument.aspx?DocumentPk=2cbaafa5-ec80-4fa8-aef9-2de98f52a6ac

QuoteThe movant's papers do not address the fundamental issue of whether they have standing to challenge any governmental action. There are substantial issues and disputes concerning the movant's standing both under the Collateral Trust Agreement as well as the Supreme Court's standing jurisprudence. Without having addressed these issues, the Court cannot say that the movant has clearly demonstrated that they have a substantial likelihood of succeeding on the withdrawal motion.

Shoah.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on May 21, 2009, 07:55:30 AM
So, the State of Indiana realized that they, too ,were being ripped off (their words) by the Federal Government, in favor of the UAW.

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/indiana-pensioners-object-to-chrysler-sale/

Quote"As fiduciaries, we can't allow our retired police officers and teachers to be ripped off by the federal government," Richard Mourdock, Indiana's treasurer, said in a statement. "The Indiana state funds suffered losses when the Obama administration overturned more than 100 years of established law by redefining 'secured creditors' to mean something less."

The Judge comes back and says, if I read this correctly, that the secured creditors of Chrysler (teachers and policemen, we're talking about now) do not have standing in a bankruptcy proceeding.

http://chapter11.epiqsystems.com/viewdocument.aspx?DocumentPk=2cbaafa5-ec80-4fa8-aef9-2de98f52a6ac

QuoteThe movant's papers do not address the fundamental issue of whether they have standing to challenge any governmental action. There are substantial issues and disputes concerning the movant's standing both under the Collateral Trust Agreement as well as the Supreme Court's standing jurisprudence. Without having addressed these issues, the Court cannot say that the movant has clearly demonstrated that they have a substantial likelihood of succeeding on the withdrawal motion.

Shoah.

In fairness, Murdock is getting his ducks in a row to run for Gov. in 2012 to succeed Mitch Daniels, who is considering running for President.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club

Shoah.

Alot of people are about to get ripped off just so Obama can keep that union voting for him and his people while funneling cash to their campaigns.

But hey the news today is Gitmo has made us less safe and created more terrorists. Hmmmm there were a shitload of terrorists running around way before GITMO and even a few managed to kill 3,000 Americans in a single day. I don't think GITMO pisses them off Mr. President, its our general existence on this planet that gets them riled up along with the Jews.

What a simpleton view of world politics. No GITMO, less terrorists! No Prisons, less crime! No cops, less criminals!

Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on May 21, 2009, 11:51:53 AM

Shoah.

Alot of people are about to get ripped off just so Obama can keep that union voting for him and his people while funneling cash to their campaigns.

But hey the news today is Gitmo has made us less safe and created more terrorists. Hmmmm there were a shitload of terrorists running around way before GITMO and even a few managed to kill 3,000 Americans in a single day. I don't think GITMO pisses them off Mr. President, its our general existence on this planet that gets them riled up along with the Jews.

What a simpleton view of world politics. No GITMO, less terrorists! No Prisons, less crime! No cops, less criminals!

GIT 'R DONE MIKEC!

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on May 21, 2009, 11:51:53 AM
What a simpleton view of world politics.

Holy sweet-fucking-irony-on-a-stick.